So how much did jerra have to pay the officials?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
This thread is unbelievable. It's ki.d of hard to turn your head when being facemasked.
10923708_10203287502498360_6814205292618780298_n.jpg

All I can do is laugh at the notion the refs have given us games. None of you clearly watch any Cowboys games. Also, that penalty was not what decided the game.
10679658_778501778910391_6412408407425749235_o-1.jpg

They didn't score the entire second half.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to laugh at people that take the time to make these funny photos, yet screw up the details.
Detroit never had a 17 point lead....

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This thread is unbelievable. It's ki.d of hard to turn your head when being facemasked.View attachment 4922

All I can do is laugh at the notion the refs have given us games. None of you clearly watch any Cowboys games. Also, that penalty was not what decided the game.
View attachment 4923
They didn't score the entire second half.
Yet even with those mistakes, they still could have won the game if they were playing against just Dallas and not Dallas AND the officials.

Also, dieterbrock is correct about the picture being incorrect.

Ramathon

By that logic, we can't PROVE calls were bad in the first place, and the whole discussion becomes pointless.

Some things are obvious to those who have eyes, even if you can't prove it.

How can something be obvious but not provable?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
How can something be obvious but not provable?
Pretty much anything can when there's any level of subjectivity involved.

Those who think shenanigans are afoot think it's obvious that's the case, and those who disagree are just refusing to see it.

Those who think they're not think it's obvious that's not the case, and those who disagree are seeing things that not there.

Neither side is provable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fixed? Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes I believe it is to a certain extent.

Referees throw flags as a tool to either kill or swing momentum of the game all the time. Makeup calls are also one of the most transparent fouls/penalties in professional sports. When a "bad" call is made there WILL BE a flag or whistle blown just to calm the mob.
This tells me that officiating is very agenda driven and as a result incompetent.

Alan

Legend
Rynie noticing we like our little conspiracy theories:
All I can do is laugh at the notion the refs have given us games. None of you clearly watch any Cowboys games.
It's not important that a conspiracy theory be true, it just needs to be interesting. :LOL:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Seriously? If Jerry was able to "fix" games, we'd have a WHOLE lot more than one playoff win in 18 years. Come on R.O.D., you're better than this thread.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Seriously? If Jerry was able to "fix" games, we'd have a WHOLE lot more than one playoff win in 18 years. Come on R.O.D., you're better than this thread.

Enjoy the next few days of your post-season while you can.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Obviously, the fix isn't always in for the Cowboys, but for whatever reason, it was in this last game.

And there's nothing "better" or "worse" about saying that or not. If it's happening, not saying so doesn't make you better. It makes you a chump.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You wanna take that position, thats cool with me. I agree there. But please dont try to sell me that the call wasnt completely bogus and that you guys didnt get the break of a lifetime.
Kind of like Pats fan cant try to justify the Tuck Rule, just kind of quietly avoid THAT conversation

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Love ya man but the Lions got seriously screwed in that game by the refs. It was abominable and obvious. It's not about how many bad calls or non-calls go for or against which team but when those calls are made or not made.

In this case had that call been allowed to stand it would have put the Lions in scoring position. Had they scored another TD they probably would have buried the Cowboys right then and there.

A bad call here and there at the wrong time can shift the momentum of a game. In that game it was a possible 14 point swing and totally affected the outcome. My theory is that the Rams loss to the Cowboys after a 21-0 lead earlier this season, where the refs suddenly decided to call just about everything against the Rams, is why this thread has gone the way it has.

If the Cowboys can go to Green Bay this weekend and win and then beat Seattle in their own house, your team deserves to be in the Super Bowl. However, this ref-aided win by the Cowboys over the Lions will stain that which is unfortunate. There's a reason I posted a 'Referee-Arch-Nemesis' thread before every game this season. They are an embarrassment to the NFL.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
We had a TON of bullshit calls against us in the first half, including a TD being called back. We got called for rough g the kicker, and when the EXACT same thing happened to us and no penalty. The officiating was bad all around, but that call wasn't the deciding factor of the game. They only scored 3 points the entire second half.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
We had a TON of bullcrap calls against us in the first half, including a TD being called back. We got called for rough g the kicker, and when the EXACT same thing happened to us and no penalty. The officiating was bad all around, but that call wasn't the deciding factor of the game. They only scored 3 points the entire second half.
To me, there's pretty good odds that if that play was called correctly, the Lions would have won.

Yes, there was room for improvement elsewhere, but I'm not going to pretend the call didn't matter because the team wasn't good enough to beat both Dallas AND the refs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what stand-up rams fan would allow a cowboy fan the opportunity to come in and piss all over our forum. Our hatred for the cowgirls is long, deep and unforgiving.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
what stand-up rams fan would allow a cowboy fan the opportunity to come in and pee pee all over our forum. Our hatred for the cowgirls is long, deep and unforgiving.

How am I pissing on your forum? I'm pretty sure there are a few here that'll vouch for me. But that's none of my business.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-there-was-something-on-the-line-in-dallas/

Bart Scott suggests there was “something on the line” in Dallas
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2015

scott.jpg
Getty Images

As the divisional round of the playoffs arrives, the final game of the wild-card round still resonates.

Plenty of folks believe something untoward happened in Dallas. Influenced by the perception/reality that the league office makes it up as they go to reach a preordained result regarding off-field issues, some think that the pass interference call/non-call was aimed at bumping the Cowboys to the next level.

Fueling that flawed assessment is Bart Scott of CBS. Appearing Friday on CBS Sports Radio, the former Ravens and Jets linebacker embraced the conspiracy theory.

“Listen, what I’ve never seen before in all my years of football is a referee throw a flag and then a ref comes and overturns him — after the call has been announced,” Scott said. “I know [Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones had a couple people on that bus, but I didn’t know it was like that. I mean, really? Not only did they pick it up, but now we’re talking about a staff or crew that’s supposed to be an all-star crew. So you mean to tell me you’re going to overrule an all-star? There must have been something on the line.”

Scott compared the situation to the Monday night game in 2007 between the Ravens and Patriots. New England was chasing the first 16-0 regular season in NFL history, and Scott believes the officials were trying to give it to them by making calls aimed at extending what ultimately was the game-winning drive.

“The NFL made about a $100 million off of that,” Scott said. “So tell me that you wouldn’t [try to influence the outcome] for $100 million.”

So, basically, Scott thinks that same mentality applied in Dallas, with the league wanting to see the Cowboys, not the Lions, move on.

“Listen, man, I know I’m from Detroit, [and] people are going to say [that’s why it bothers me],” Scott said. “But listen, I’ve never seen [anything like] it. And when you see something that you’ve never seen before — even with Mike Pereria on the air saying [otherwise] — come on, man. I was born at night, but not last night.”

The far more reasonable explanation is that the officials made a mistake while trying to assess possible fouls with the naked eye in real time. And that the mashed-up all-star crew had a not-so-stellar lapse in communication.

Regardless, when the conspiracy theory is adopted and advanced by one of the primary analysts for the NFL’s Sunday afternoon and Thursday night broadcast partner, plenty of fans will think there must be something to it.