So how much did jerra have to pay the officials?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

the best part about "those nitpicking" about this uncalled pass interference play on 3rd down was that were was not one but 3 uncalled flags, any of them resulting in first down..and all 3 have been acknowledged by the league as screw ups

-the Pass interference call itself
-The Holding on the same LB at the beginning of the play
-Dez Bryant running onto the field w/out a helmet

All 3 of these should have been flagged and have been acknowledged as such by the league.

The biggest reason why people have an issue with this (including myself) is the suggestion/appearance of impropriety - and the fact this was even Predicted in the preseason. Back then people were suggesting that Blandino should recuse himself for at the very least of the perception of it (only saw him get off 1 party bus - not 3, 5, or 31 other teams..just one)..And the fact that flag was picked up AFTER the announcement, and they chose to listen to the 2 refs who didn't throw the flag vs the one who did..

Understandable why people think its shady - when you consider who the commish and look at his past (spygate, ray rice, etc.) it's very easy to understand people's skepticism. I haven't seen anything from Goodell that would make me think otherwise, as well as most people i'd imagine.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Understandable why people think its shady - when you consider who the commish and look at his past (spygate, ray rice, etc.) it's very easy to understand people's skepticism. I haven't seen anything from Goodell that would make me think otherwise, as well as most people i'd imagine.
And don't forget, Goodhell is the son of a US Senator from NY.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-there-was-something-on-the-line-in-dallas/

Bart Scott suggests there was “something on the line” in Dallas
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2015, 12:10 PM EST

As the divisional round of the playoffs arrives, the final game of the wild-card round still resonates.

Plenty of folks believe something untoward happened in Dallas. Influenced by the perception/reality that the league office makes it up as they go to reach a preordained result regarding off-field issues, some think that the pass interference call/non-call was aimed at bumping the Cowboys to the next level.

Fueling that flawed assessment is Bart Scott of CBS. Appearing Friday on CBS Sports Radio, the former Ravens and Jets linebacker embraced the conspiracy theory.

“Listen, what I’ve never seen before in all my years of football is a referee throw a flag and then a ref comes and overturns him — after the call has been announced,” Scott said. “I know [Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones had a couple people on that bus, but I didn’t know it was like that. I mean, really? Not only did they pick it up, but now we’re talking about a staff or crew that’s supposed to be an all-star crew. So you mean to tell me you’re going to overrule an all-star? There must have been something on the line.”

Scott compared the situation to the Monday night game in 2007 between the Ravens and Patriots. New England was chasing the first 16-0 regular season in NFL history, and Scott believes the officials were trying to give it to them by making calls aimed at extending what ultimately was the game-winning drive.

“The NFL made about a $100 million off of that,” Scott said. “So tell me that you wouldn’t [try to influence the outcome] for $100 million.”

So, basically, Scott thinks that same mentality applied in Dallas, with the league wanting to see the Cowboys, not the Lions, move on.

“Listen, man, I know I’m from Detroit, [and] people are going to say [that’s why it bothers me],” Scott said. “But listen, I’ve never seen [anything like] it. And when you see something that you’ve never seen before — even with Mike Pereria on the air saying [otherwise] — come on, man. I was born at night, but not last night.”

The far more reasonable explanation is that the officials made a mistake while trying to assess possible fouls with the naked eye in real time. And that the mashed-up all-star crew had a not-so-stellar lapse in communication.

Regardless, when the conspiracy theory is adopted and advanced by one of the primary analysts for the NFL’s Sunday afternoon and Thursday night broadcast partner, plenty of fans will think there must be something to it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
“Listen, what I’ve never seen before in all my years of football is a referee throw a flag and then a ref comes and overturns him — after the call has been announced,”
where was Bart Scott during Kukar's reign over SB36?