Snead: Rams have “better than 50%” chance of signing Britt/PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Snead says Rams have “better than 50 percent” chance of signing Britt
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tter-than-50-percent-chance-of-signing-britt/

Receiver Kenny Britt remains a free agent. He may not be a free agent for much longer.

The chatter at the league meetings indicates Britt could pick his next team within the next 48 hours. In an interview with PFT, Rams G.M. Les Snead pegged Britt’s chances of landing in St. Louis at “better than 50 percent.”

A first-round pick of the Titans in 2009, Britt’s rookie contract has expired. With the Titans (as G.M. Ruston Webster confirmed to PFT earlier in the day) clearly not in the mix to keep Britt, he needs a new home.

The former Rutgers receiver has visited the Rams, Redskins, Patriots, and Bills. In St. Louis, Britt would be reunited with coach Jeff Fisher, who drafted Britt in Tennessee.

Britt’s play has fallen off in recent years. After a great start to the 2011 season, Britt tore an ACL. He has struggled ever since then to regain the form he was beginning to display.

jjab360

Legend
Wow, he seems pretty confident. First time I've seen a GM being so frank about their offseason plans with the media before..

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wow, he seems pretty confident. First time I've seen a GM being so frank about their offseason plans with the media before..
True, but it is Kenny Britt we're talking about. I'm in favor of bringing him to camp. If he cant produce or behave cut him like anyone else.

OT: I'm wondering about the backup QB search. The Sanchez talk has cooled a bit and where's Shaun Hill? Maybe the Rams feel like they can get a better vet QB when rosters get trimmed down in a few months.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Reminds me of when the weather man tells me there's a 50% chance of rain.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I interpret a GM saying "better than 50% chance" as meaning - we have a deal in place but his agent is shopping it one last time.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
True, but it is Kenny Britt we're talking about. I'm in favor of bringing him to camp. If he cant produce or behave cut him like anyone else.

Agreed. I think it's the clichéd low risk, high reward outcome.
It must really be an indictment of his character that he hasn't landed a job yet. Carolina is definitely in the hurt bag but don't really want anything to do with him. Same story with a few other teams: Jets, Ravens, Raiders all come to mind. Hopefully that's humbling to Britt.

nighttrain

Legend
Agreed. I think it's the clichéd low risk, high reward outcome.
It must really be an indictment of his character that he hasn't landed a job yet. Carolina is definitely in the hurt bag but don't really want anything to do with him. Same story with a few other teams: Jets, Ravens, Raiders all come to mind. Hopefully that's humbling to Britt.
We've signed several players that fit the clichéd low risk, high reward outcome.

I wonder if this will affect our draft, have to think so myself. Put together a package of draft choices and move up ?

We have 12 choices, and no way do I see a spot for all of them, this isn't the team Fisher inherited when he was hired,
train

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make it happen! Hope this guy can turn it around and contribute for us

RamzFanz

Damnit

OT: I'm wondering about the backup QB search. The Sanchez talk has cooled a bit and where's Shaun Hill? Maybe the Rams feel like they can get a better vet QB when rosters get trimmed down in a few months.

Sanchez signed with Jets.

Edit: I mean Eagles.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
A healthy Britt in his top form could be the best thing to ever happen to Brian Quick.

Honestly, the dude needs Fisher to be on his ass, but he has the talent and knowledge of the game to be great. Maybe he can teach Quick how to use that size and strength.

Alan

Legend
nighttrain forgetting the movie A Bridge Too Far:
I wonder if this will affect our draft, have to think so myself. Put together a package of draft choices and move up ?
I hope not train. You're forgetting your comment about "high risk". Counting on any of these guys to be anything but camp fodder would be foolhardy in the extreme IMO.

Of course I'm excited about them too. (y) :party: :seizure: :rockon:

RFIP

..this is a terrible signing on several fronts if/WHEN it happens. 1) Eliminates Watkins 2) Cancerizes the young wr's 3) Will "allow" us to draft another bad wr "later in the draft"

And the offensive cycle continues with this coach. Rinse, wash, repeat...

You'd think he learned from Finnegan and Cook but no...LOL and he DOESN'T sign Verner!

Snead says Rams have “better than 50 percent” chance of signing Britt
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tter-than-50-percent-chance-of-signing-britt/

Receiver Kenny Britt remains a free agent. He may not be a free agent for much longer.

The chatter at the league meetings indicates Britt could pick his next team within the next 48 hours. In an interview with PFT, Rams G.M. Les Snead pegged Britt’s chances of landing in St. Louis at “better than 50 percent.”

A first-round pick of the Titans in 2009, Britt’s rookie contract has expired. With the Titans (as G.M. Ruston Webster confirmed to PFT earlier in the day) clearly not in the mix to keep Britt, he needs a new home.

The former Rutgers receiver has visited the Rams, Redskins, Patriots, and Bills. In St. Louis, Britt would be reunited with coach Jeff Fisher, who drafted Britt in Tennessee.

Britt’s play has fallen off in recent years. After a great start to the 2011 season, Britt tore an ACL. He has struggled ever since then to regain the form he was beginning to display.

Alan

Legend
RFIP venting his fears:
this is a terrible signing on several fronts if/WHEN it happens. 1) Eliminates Watkins
While I'd be OK with that being true, I really don't see how one precludes the other. They aren't on the same planet skill wise. That's kind of like saying the Texans won't sign one of the top three QBs because they signed Fitzpatrick isn't it?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have my doubts about Britt returning to his best form. Doubt he makes a difference. Mike Sims Walker part two?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Britt hasn't done a thing in the league for a couple years. Before we change our draft plans and start cutting last year's WR's we need to find out if he can still play.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
..this is a terrible signing on several fronts if/WHEN it happens. 1) Eliminates Watkins 2) Cancerizes the young wr's 3) Will "allow" us to draft another bad wr "later in the draft"

You'd think he learned from Finnegan and Cook but no...LOL and he DOESN'T sign Verner!

Think you're jumping to far too many conclusions man. Signing Britt wouldn't necessarily do any of these things..

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have my doubts about Britt returning to his best form. Doubt he makes a difference. Mike Sims Walker part two?
I was actually thinking Steve Smith the Lesser, part two.

And if Smith hasn't changed his name to that yet, he should. ;)

nighttrain

Legend
RFIP said:

Think you're jumping to far too many conclusions man. Signing Britt wouldn't necessarily do any of these things..
WE are not cutting or trading any of last years receivers, just what I believe.

Britt signing is just one guy, not a team, and he's not certain to make squad

This is the year they, our receivers come of age, and of course having a healthy SB back certainly helps
train