Snead: Gurley passed conditioning test, should progress to football activities soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I don't know if that's good news or not. I'd err on the side of caution myself. Of course if we start off 1-4 there probably won't be much point in starting him at all this year. So there's that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Gurley passed, I wonder how do some guys fail this test? Or is Gurley that studly, that he doesn't have to be in great shape to pass a conditioning test? Or does Fisher kinda take it easy on his players?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hes not QB. He can still come in and get a few carries early on. He doesn't have to take a full load.
Just seeing him on the field week one with Mason would please me.
Ok. I'm easy to please.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If Gurley passed, I wonder how do some guys fail this test? Or is Gurley that studly, that he doesn't have to be in great shape to pass a conditioning test? Or does Fisher kinda take it easy on his players?
I am certainly no expert, but I do not believe his rehab would preclude him from being in excellent condition. He has been training hard for months now as part of the rehab. The knee may not yet be 100% but he could, obviously, still be in top "condition".

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I am certainly no expert, but I do not believe his rehab would preclude him from being in excellent condition. He has been training hard for months now as part of the rehab. The knee may not yet be 100% but he could, obviously, still be in top "condition".
He's activated as we write this....Whooooo-Hooooo!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
:banana:

That said, it also wouldn't bother me if he sat out at LEAST a 1/2 season. Really conflicted about this.
I think he's an absolute stud, but if we didn't need to play him, that would be a good thing. I have a BAD case of Bradfordaphobia.
I actually have a lot of faith in Mason and Cunningham as well, and even Pead for some strange reason.

jap

Legend
Attention all passengers! The Gurley train will be departing for the end zone in 30 seconds! All Horns offensive players on the field to score, please attend closely to your assignments!!!

BadCompany

Rookie
So honest question; could they activate him for Game 1, making the announcement well in advance, and then not play him? Would that mess up some defensive schemes, or am I over-thinking this?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I know we've had a lot of bad luck with injuries, but I say lets play him if he's healthy. Tough schedule early on and we will need every swinging dick.

RamzFanz

Damnit

I'm not sure if this is general conditioning or injury conditioning. For the injury, from what I've read, he just needs to be healed (he is), able to practice with no swelling, have a good range of motion, and no pain.

For general conditioning, he's probably been good to go for some time. His workouts haven't stopped. He's been able to run and lift weights since before the draft.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
I don't know if that's good news or not. I'd err on the side of caution myself. Of course if we start off 1-4 there probably won't be much point in starting him at all this year. So there's that.

After game 5 we'll probably be somewhere between 0-5 and 5-0. No point in being over pessimistic or optimistic at this point. This season is really a toss up as far as I'm concerned.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
For an ACL recovery, I'd be curious as to how Gurley'quads are developing. If he has the strength back at 85-90 percent, he will be at full strength in September.