Snead: Gurley passed conditioning test, should progress to football activities soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Very Interesting......

Maybe a few carries a game early if he is given the green light and gradually gets more over the first 4-6 games. At some point they have to play him. It will be interesting and a little nerve racking when he starts playing.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I would rather we wait until he's 100% - there is no reason to rush the guy, it's not like Mason can't run the football is it...
I'm right there with you. If his knee isn't 100%, he shouldn't do anything more than rehabilitation.

But if he is ready, I can't wait to see our first round pick in action, and there's no reason they can't put him into certain key situations until he's ready to take on more responsibility with the team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Gurley isn't 100 ready I have no problem with Mason as the main guy. When they're both playing I can envision a two headed monster.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Be careful what you wish for, Bradford was supposedly ready also. :cautious:
Check lower bodies:
sam-bradford-nfl-philadelphia-eagles-ota-850x560.jpg
hi-res-8b306ee252ba686847d0a59149574650_crop_north.jpg

Notice the difference?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The angst over when and how much to play Gurley seems a bit premature, don't you think?

I mean, we have all of camp and 4 preseason games to evaluate the kid's readiness.

This will sort itself out by itself.

I'm comforted by these 2 things...

Gurley seems to be ahead of schedule. The draft pundit worry warts about his knee look like they overreacted.

The other thing is we have the luxury of Mason and Cunningham to take quality snaps for as long as it takes for Gurley to get fully healthy.

No worries...

DenverRam

Starter
i checked this thread last night going to bed. Had dreams of Gurley running over everyone in the NFL :)

DenverRam

Starter
I come back, if anybody remembers me posting when you guys drafted Gurley. Yes he was banged up in his sophmore and some of the video clips from that year, you can see his speed isnt quite there like the catch in the Florida game highlight, it was his first game back that year on the ankle sprain which bothered him the entire rest of the season, but he battled through it where many players wouldnt have. But that ankle sprain was against LSU and no player in the NFL wouldnt have had the same injury on that play. I will be watching you guys this year, eventhough i dont normally watch near as much NFL as I do college but defintely rooting for the Rams, now that you guys have Gurley and have had Tree a couple years. 2 of my favorite players to play for Georgia. If he stays healthy and comes back to where he was preinjury, you will have an elite NFL player, no question about it.
always awesome to have another Georgia alum here!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I think we all can't wait to see Todd Gurley on the field, tearing up the NFL. I think Coach Fisher, and Les are foaming at the mouth as well. That said, I believe both of them are smart enough to not push it, and will wait till he is 100%. They know we have Tre and Benny who can get the job done. I'm not worried about RB at all. I want to see this O line, young as it is, bust their butts in training camp and pre season. I do believe they have the chance to develop into a top tier O line, and I don't think it's gonna take as long as some do.

GO RAMS!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Even when AP came back on about the same schedule, he wasn't the same in those first few games. It took a few games for his body to get into "game shape" and for him to really trust his body and put it all together.

but once he did...oof.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm hopeful, but I think they oughtta keep him off artificial turf as much as possible until maybe after the bye week.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Waggoner said this test Gurley just passed, probably included lateral movement drills, where the no pain or swelling occured..I heard on a different report that he wasn't even sweating after he finished the testing, which tells me that he is in great shape. The kid was very good in PassProtect, and has obvious skills running and catching the ball. ONCE the Rams staff says at the appropriate time that he's ready, the bubble wrap needs to come off and he needs to get in there and help the Rams THIS year.

Keeping the bubble wrap on because we fear what might happen to a previously injured player after he has been cleared, is useless magical thinking. If he gets injured in some way after all of this, then he might do the same after a year sitting out. People get injured all of the time in the NFL..Quit thinking about Sam Bradford and Jake Long, and lean toward Adrian Peterson's results. Jmo.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
This is from : http://ramsondemand.com/threads/fisher-isnt-worried-about-la-factor-injury-updates-pd.38664/

At running back, he’s encouraged with the progress from knee surgery made by first-round draft pick Todd Gurley of Georgia. Gurley passed his conditioning test Tuesday and begins training camp on the active roster.

“We’re really encouraged from what he’s done,” Fisher said. “But he’s not there yet. It’s gonna take some more time. But we felt like it would be best for him to be able to practice on a limited basis as opposed to not practicing.”

So beginning Friday, Gurley is expected to get some individual work and maybe some 7-on-7 work as well. He’ll take part in walk-throughs.

“But he’s still a ways away,” Fisher said. “He’s not ready to play in a game yet.”

So Tre Mason probably will carry most of the load in the early season.