Skip Shannon and Dickerson talk Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What annoyed me was skip challenged SS about Goff being a bust

Shannon " I'll give him a year"

Translation

So if he does get better this year we can blame fisher and that coaching staff ... and praise mcvay for turning it round ... then by the time he is tearing it up And going to Leo bowls no one will remember how bad I called him

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know how anyone can even listen to Sharpe... much less understand half of what he says.

I had to stop the video as soon as he started making noises come out of his mouth.
I stopped, and then started it just so I could hear it and make a open-minded statement about them! .... "They SUCK!!"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm ok with what ED was saying, but Shannon Sharpe sounds like he never played the game! I guess I should say .. he sounds like Skip Bayless!! @#$%^&*()
My issue with Sharpe is while he says that about Goff which is fine yes it's preseason and not all starters played on the Raiders defense. Those facts won't stop him for telling us how great Dak or Brady or somebody else did.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I think Goff is a good runner. For running ability Id give him a B. He's not elusive, but it looks to me like he's pretty fast.
He has excellent feet and pocket presence.
Don't think the NFL world has fully grasped his accuracy yet.
Goff couldn't show it much last year for obvious reasons.
And still is not at full strength,but as soon as he is completely
comfortable in what he is running.He will be nasty.
That was the first thing that stood out to me in college film.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNDQvNTc5L29yaWdpbmFsL0J1bGxzZXllLmpwZw==

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
They all talked shit about Goff. Now they are trying to unscrew themselves. So wentz and dak have a good showing, no qualifiers. Goff has a good game and you get, he was good ,but....

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Never thought I'd see Skip Bayless be the voice of reason. Fuck Shannon Sharpe is one stupid human being though.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Skip: Shannon, are you ready today (after Goffs near perfect performance) to declare Jared Goff a bust?"

Sharpe: I mean, com-on man. What was he playing against foth, fith stringers. Hell most of those guys be driving a bus in a couple weeks. 16 for 20? 16 for 20? Please!

NEWSFLASH: Shannon Sharpe predicts Khalil Mack is taking the drivers test for Greyhound this afternoon!!

I bet he didn't even watch the game. Just running off at the mouth with his narrative. ...mouth breather.

I credit Dickerson for being open minded.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can't watch that shit. All your responses were entertaining though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Goff is a good runner. For running ability Id give him a B. He's not elusive, but it looks to me like he's pretty fast.

I think what Dickerson said about Mannion was blown out of proportion a little. It's just something he said bullshitting on some show. I don't think he meant it real real seriously, I think he was just being honest about something he thought of during a really bad season. And he only said it once, it's not like he went around saying it over and over and campaigned for it.
As far as Goff's running ability goes, it seems to me I heard he did OK in College, but I can't quote you any stats!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how sounding like an idiot can change your tune

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will give Ed credit on this: he understands that Austin can be a very dangerous gadget receiver.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Typical LA journalism

This is sports journalism in general.

Don't let us down.

To make that kind of money to be that ignorant............

I know!!!!! It's fucking insane.

You may proceed with bagging on his journalism skills.

ED is bad, just plain BAD.

There are only a few ex-players who go on to become good/great analysts and commentators.

Yeah and they are not on talk show formats they are all on real pre game shows.

Shannon " I'll give him a year"

By his standard the guys who helped him win three Super Bowl rings should have been "given a year" too. Because Elway sucked dog balls his first two years and Dilfer did that most of his career.

Shannon can hug my nuts.

He has excellent feet and pocket presence.

I commented on his feet in another post.......he looks good back there when it gets a little messy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I commented on his feet in another post.......he looks good back there when it gets a little messy.

This is what sold me on him when i looked at his college tape. He moved so well inside the pocket with all that pressure coming towards him. Wentz would just take off most of the time. When you find a qb that has that kind of pocket awareness you've found yourself a winner.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
It was refreshing to at least see ED admit that Goff did indeed look good vs the Raidahs; he said those were nfl throws, and Goff is accurate, and you could tell why "we" took him #1. Goff did indeed looked terrible last pre-season, and then was pretty bad, for the most part, once he became the starter last season. I've maintained that you could not properly evaluate Goff based on last seasons performance------playing under that coaching staff was the worst thing that could have happened for Goff. Not only was the staff terrible, but the system, the (un)- supporting cast, the coaching, and the whole losing culture was terrible as well-----this kid was, and would never have been capable of succeeding under the prior regime!!! Under this new regime, what we saw last Saturday night is what this kid is actually capable of; Goff was poised, made good decisions, and threw a number of excellent passes. These analysts don't seem to have a clue just how bad the last "coaching" staff was and the amount of negative impact they played in Goff's lack of success------to evaluate Goff you must throw last season's impressions out the door. Evaluate what you saw last Saturday night, ED did and he was impressed with Goff's performance; we can only judge Goff by what we've seen this year and yes, it is only pre-season; since the regular-season is in the future, you can't evaluate Goff just yet as the future is pure speculation. I've been extremely pleased with what I've seen so far in what I consider Goff's continuing rookie campaign.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shannon Sharpe is one stupid motherfreaker. He is acting like Goff earned his stats by playing guys that will be out of the NFL soon. He played the Raiders #1 starting defense. He can't help who they are, or how good they are. His job is to destroy them, which he did.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Shannon Sharpe is one stupid motherfreaker. He is acting like Goff earned his stats by playing guys that will be out of the NFL soon. He played the Raiders #1 starting defense. He can't help who they are, or how good they are. His job is to destroy them, which he did.

Someone should photoshop Khalil Mack driving a beer truck and then post it to twitter tagging Shannon Sharpe and Khalil Mack. That would make Sharpe look like quite the dumbass

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

These bozos don't have any real opinions. They are given scripts they have to follow. Otherwise how is there going to be an argument? Manufactured arguments are so lame.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is only one preseason game but it's amazing how most of these guys just act like They never said a word about this team. That wouldn't be so bad but guys like Dickerson, Cowherd and Lombardi were adamant that the Rams and Goff were going to be horrible.

Cowheard ?? Not sure about that

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stopped watching those clowns and first take as well . It should be called the Cowboys and Tom Brady networks.