Should we have gone for it right before the half?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Go for it? Or kick a FG?

• Go for the TD?

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • Go for the FG?

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Tie game, on the goal line, no time left in the half, and you get the back in the second half, you definitely go for the TD. Something clearly went wrong on the play call whether it was execution or just a bad play call.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Tie game, on the goal line, no time left in the half, and you get the back in the second half, you definitely go for the TD. Something clearly went wrong on the play call whether it was execution or just a bad play call.

Yeah you would think that Gurley could get one yard when he was averaging 6 yards a carry up to that point in the game. I wonder if there was a miscue in the call.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes you play to win especially on the road.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Fisher coached like he hadn't been in the red Zone all game and didn't know if the team would be back down there. I think he shows no confidence in his team when, he takes chances that are not necessary. We are tied with a chance to take a 3 point lead and we get the ball back to start the 2nd half. What is wrong with that scenario? You can't tell me it didn't affect the teams to start the 2nd half. Risk reward has to measured. Fisher got greedy and we paid for it.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I wanted to go for it on 4th. But after Fish ran the clock down I just wanted the 3 points.

That play alone is where the lions took the momentum.

Cory

UDFA
I would have kicked the FG. I don't believe in passing on points unless the score dictates you must. Take a three point lead into the half, and come out the half and try to add to it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I didn't mind them going for it just before the half.
I minded the 'excrement for brains' play they called.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Always put the points on the board. Always. Always.

Games are decided by small margins and when you have an easy path to points you fucking take it, and I said the same thing last time this shit happened.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
We had momentum and we're driving down field with the pedal to the metal.

Good decision, shitty play call.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Someone (Gurley, Keenum?) messed that play up completely. No way the guard pulls if the play isn't designed to go that way.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a gutzy call. Not sure I would have run right into the teeth of the defense though.
But, if it works, Gurley is DA GAWD. If it doesn't, Fisher is a moron (even though it was Boras/Groh).
Seems like all of Fisher's gutzy calls have failed this year. And they are usually in critical situations.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I didn't mind the call. After watching the replay it looked like Gurley could've scored if he followed his blocking. It looks like he's not trusting his offensive line. Can't say I blame him.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I like the call to go for it but hated the play call. We suck running in the middle this year so why go right at the heart of their D when they know it's coming.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
If he wasn't supposed to, he should have, otherwise that is one of the dumbest play designs I have ever seen. And if Gurley was supposed to follow the guard, then he lost the game with his decision. Or maybe he was hit to quickly and couldn't go there? That play completely lost the momentum and gave it to the Lions for the next couple series.
Did ya notice Barnes getting blown out like a grenade went off? RT guard too. Pathetic when you're down on the one inch line that you would get jacked up that bad.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to agree with the majority here, It was the right call to go for it, just the wrong play!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
No problem with going for it. I know people want to be pissed at Boras for the playcall and I agree it could have been better but he overall called a great game. The O hasn't looked that good in a loooong time.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
On the Keenum TD, second Rams TD, the fake to Gurley gave Keenum an option to toss it to Harkey or jog it in himself and it worked perfectly. So, rather than running the play again, they run Gurley straight into the waiting defense... Still:thinking::thinking::thinking:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Honestly, I was fully prepared for the Rams to go 3 and out and give it back to Detroit and go into the half down 3 (or 7).
So, the fact that they didn't do that was encouraging. However, they shit the bed in the redzone. They had MORE THAN 4 chances to score in the RZ as I think there was a penalty that gave them a 1st down and goal after Keenum's ridiculous fumble (and lucky recovery). Dodged a bullet there.

Terrible playcalling in the RZ. The team KNOWS its a weakness and they STILL can't execute????

How much did LAST WEEK's botched 4th down situation play into Fisher opting to go for the TD here?

The run/pass/option play that worked so well before would have been perfect. But, that's not "who we are", I guess.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keenum's ridiculous fumble (and lucky recovery).
What's ridiculous about a defender tomahawking your arm as you're throwing?
Is Quinn very good at that, or is every QB he does it to, ridiculous?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Did ya notice Barnes getting blown out like a grenade went off? RT guard too. Pathetic when you're down on the one inch line that you would get jacked up that bad.

We pulled the right guard that leaves a gap I still think Gurley didn't follow his blocker . You don't pull the guard on a run up the middle for 1/2 yard something was wrong