Sherman confirmed out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you say so. My post actually was more about superstition and karma than anyone's moral fiber, but if I struck a nerve I apologize and I do hope that one day you'll be able to locate your balls so posts like mine won't cause quite this level of butthurt. Cheers.

What does locating my balls have to do with our conversation?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

He's not gonna try and locate everyone's balls ... is he?

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg

Well we haven't really had a conversation, just you being a mega-sour puss. I mean if you aren't superstitious, don't fear karma, irony, etc. just say that. No need to get a chapped ass about it.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Ah damn, posted that right before I saw the mod's post.

Hey, we're just roughhousing a little. ::punch punch::

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shame about Sherman. I don't care who you are; Achilles injuries are no fun. I bruised my Achilles playing catcher in a summer league, and it hurt like a motherfucker.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Sherman never really bothered me. Well, I loved the way he trolled the whiners, but wasn't crazy about the way he hit Goff on the sideline last year. But yeah feel bad for him on the type of injury and being possibly career ending. Achilles is just a nasty one. Anyway, with injuries to the other teams in the west along with some bad play, it reminds me of 1999 when the Falcons and whiners got some key injuries and the Saints were horrible.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
There probably isn't any bad news I could hear for Sherman or Wilson that would make me feel bad for either of them.

And when we lost everybody and their out of work brother who played for the team, nobody cared that was the reason we sucked. Excuses only matter to the fan bases taking about them. And maybe a couple of talking heads, but nobody cares about them, so it evens out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My point still stands. Stan wants to win all owners do but they don’t make money off of wins and losses. So while Stan said all the right things it really didn’t matter to his bottom line.

Stan is the type of owner to empower the people he hire which is definitely a good thing. Demoff was in charge of putting together a winner and making sure the right people was hired Stan was just signing the checks. The same as he does with all of his sports franchises.

Now when I say Stans goal was to move the team he didn’t care about winning or losing, I say that because he wasn’t losing any money. While attendance was down at the dome it wasn’t a massive drop and the bulk of the money comes from tv revenue which is shared, not to mention Stan got a lot of the money from concessions even when the Rams wasn’t playing he had a great deal at the dome that saw him get paid year round.

Stan just opened up his pocket book when he hired fisher. It’s all about perception since he knew he was moving the team. Fisher is well respected in the league and he just so happened orchestrated a move to a new city. It’s the perfect scenario. We all remember the “I put a lot of jack”into this city to move them line he used and he could back that up because he paid fisher and his staff very good. But like I said it’s all perception. Fisher got a long 5 year deal then got extended it just that the losses was so bad that fan interest in LA was very poor and he was worried about the new stadium.

But from all the poor years in STl the only thing Stan can say is I opened up my pocket book. He didn’t step in one time to change things he didn’t become more involved in the day to day operations he barely came to the games but he is all over the place now that they are in LA.

I like Stan as an owner I love him as the owner of the Rams but I don’t like Stan the person.

The move is what will make Stan the most money in the long run, yes. Just being in LA ups the value of the team, but it isn't like he has no investment in it. The cost of the move and setting up makeshift facilities, alone is more than some owners are willing to pay for, but then he is footing the bill for the stadium, which is definitely more than most owners are willing to pay for.

But, I don't buy for one second that he doesn't care if his team wins or losses. Everyone wants to be successful and putting a winner on the field is part of it. Putting a consistent winner on the field is even better. Those games in London serve two purposes. They were a trade off for being allowed to move with no real opposition, a favor so to speak. They are also a means to build a European fan base. The more fans equals more money. Success on the field equals more fans. Sure I get that all owners are businessmen but outside of baseball, maybe basketball, most still want a winning franchise.

I am guessing you are from St. Louis. So, there is a bit of bitterness toward Stan. That's understandable. But from my view in PA, it doesn't appear that he wasn't trying to win games. When Fisher was hired most of us were happy. He won the battle with Miami, for a formerly successful coach who could help change the fortune of the team. Fisher came in with bold moves and gave us hope. At the time he was considered a 'Best available' coach. Stan didn't hire a fish to purposely lose.

Owners want to make money. Most want to win as well. Is Stan as fervent a fan as Jerry Jones? No, few owners are, but he is doing what he needs to, in order to make the team successful. If he didn't want the Rams to win then he would have hired Demoff and said, it was all about the money, who cares about the product on the field. Trying to build he Rams into a successful organisation has to be a plan that Stan okays.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone may have beat me to this, but I think Darnold is going back to school after a subpar year for him. It appears this draft class at QB that looked to be really strong isn’t going to be that after all. Which means teams that have a top 3 pick are going to see them be even more valuable.

I think I read or heard Darnold will go back I’d it looks like the browns hold the number one pick (can’t say I blame him ) and like you say with Darnold .. Rosen becomes even more valuable for a team needing a QB

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The move is what will make Stan the most money in the long run, yes. Just being in LA ups the value of the team, but it isn't like he has no investment in it. The cost of the move and setting up makeshift facilities, alone is more than some owners are willing to pay for, but then he is footing the bill for the stadium, which is definitely more than most owners are willing to pay for.

But, I don't buy for one second that he doesn't care if his team wins or losses. Everyone wants to be successful and putting a winner on the field is part of it. Putting a consistent winner on the field is even better. Those games in London serve two purposes. They were a trade off for being allowed to move with no real opposition, a favor so to speak. They are also a means to build a European fan base. The more fans equals more money. Success on the field equals more fans. Sure I get that all owners are businessmen but outside of baseball, maybe basketball, most still want a winning franchise.

I am guessing you are from St. Louis. So, there is a bit of bitterness toward Stan. That's understandable. But from my view in PA, it doesn't appear that he wasn't trying to win games. When Fisher was hired most of us were happy. He won the battle with Miami, for a formerly successful coach who could help change the fortune of the team. Fisher came in with bold moves and gave us hope. At the time he was considered a 'Best available' coach. Stan didn't hire a fish to purposely lose.

Owners want to make money. Most want to win as well. Is Stan as fervent a fan as Jerry Jones? No, few owners are, but he is doing what he needs to, in order to make the team successful. If he didn't want the Rams to win then he would have hired Demoff and said, it was all about the money, who cares about the product on the field. Trying to build he Rams into a successful organisation has to be a plan that Stan okays.
The longest stretch in history with the worst record definitely contradict your statement that he wants to win. So like I said all owners want to win Stan included it’s just winning wasn’t at the top of his list in STl. He did what he did only for perception reasons and that’s part of why he is being sued now because of his own statements that the team wasn’t moving. He wanted to keep fans in the stadium so he lied and hired a respectable coach all to say he did try “which is exactly what he did say when he did move the team.

The nfl money structure is so different they have a strict salary cap and revenues are shared in a way that no owner loses money. The only time stan stood up to make a change was when fisher was losing the already fickle LA market and since he is footing the bill that would have hurt his bottom line way more than in STl when he was only paying 1 dollar in rent for the earth city facility and getting over 2 million a game just from the concessions being sold. Those games in London was a payoff just like him being allowed to give his Denver franchise to his son was a payoff. They allowed him to move even though the requirements was met, those London games isn’t for a noble cause like you’re trying to make it out to be its basically blood money, Stan HAD to do it for them to approve the move.

Of course Stan has investment in the new stadium and the surrounding land that’s going to be in it. But that’s exactly my point he’s not just building a stadium because he knows his source of revenue is going to be about the same as it was in STL so he wants other avenues to get more money by developing his land around the stadium. Like I said I love STan as the owner of the Rams dude just shady as hell but I wouldn’t trade him for to many others. I can appreciate what he is and has done for the franchise that doesn’t mean I have to like him as a person it’s just like with a friend sometimes they are only good for buisness

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I am being completely honest; anything that helps the Rams feels good... when this injury happened... the thought DID cross my mind;

“oh, this helps”.

I am not the superstitious type... Luck, karma, I don’t know what you call it... but I do know we haven’t benefited much of either in recent years.

I am enjoying this feeling and hoping it lasts into February.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could give a flying fornication about what they say a la "we weren't healthy". Do you think they gave a sh!t when they beat the Rams at the dome in Kellen Clemens first start after Bradford went down with his first knee injury? How about all the times they beat us with guys like Quinn, etc. out with injury? Or during our annual re-shuffled OL due to injuries phase which seemed to go on forever?

Screw that. I don't care if they are healthy and I don't care if they whine about it if we beat them when not healthy. Neither they nor any other team's fanbase gave two sh!ts when they beat an unhealthy Rams team, and they sure wouldn't listen to injuries as an excuse. I'm not going to listen to them whine about it now that the tables are turned.

Next man up or STFU.

Oh, and if they are down ... I hope the Rams pile on and kick the holy crap out of them in Seattle. Goff, 5 TD's and 400 yards in a rout ...
Yep, the problem for me is I live in Seahawk/Niner territory. So I am going to listen to a lot of whining moving forward. Nonetheless, I’ll be eating Seahawk on Thanksgiving. A big 14lb Seahawk. Lol.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
When I watch the Seachickens play it is with the desire to see them get beat up and a few players carried off the field. Of course, I want to see them lose the game but it is more important that they get beat up.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yep, the problem for me is I live in Seahawk/Niner territory. So I am going to listen to a lot of whining moving forward. Nonetheless, I’ll be eating Seahawk on Thanksgiving. A big 14lb Seahawk. Lol.

Are you sure it won't be a 12lb Seahawk?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you sure it won't be a 12lb Seahawk?
9pimluaigmcv.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Just tell them to suck it up ... and remind them that we've beat them with QB's such as Keenum, Foles and Austin Davis taking snaps.