Sheguls at Redskins: Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wilson's problem is that he's short. When he's forced to stay in the pocket, he struggles. That's how we beat him the first game, and got 6 sacks on him the last game. If not for his ability to escape the pocket we would have won the second game. That's where those big yards came from.

Honestly I don't see either of these players as elite guys in 5 years. RG3 may be on the cusp (similar to Vick) but unless he changes his style, it's going to be a short career.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Wilson's problem is that he's short. When he's forced to stay in the pocket, he struggles. That's how we beat him the first game, and got 6 sacks on him the last game. If not for his ability to escape the pocket we would have won the second game. That's where those big yards came from.

Honestly I don't see either of these players as elite guys in 5 years. RG3 may be on the cusp (similar to Vick) but unless he changes his style, it's going to be a short career.

Of what I've seen of these two; I'm a little more impressed with Russell Wilson.

But; it's only one season. Who knows? Like Air-Correll, the Run and Shoot, Tampa-2, the 46-D, Mike Martz... the NFL adapts. What's the shelf life of this new style of play?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Tough game to watch knowing that the Rams beat both these teams and that they are both 1 trick ponies. IMO seattle will drop off signifacantly and struggle against teams that can stop ML, RW does not impress me. RW takes to many sacks, some of which he makes worse by running backwards, he doesnt appear to be an accurate passer and if not for Taint RW would not even be a blip on the radar.

RGIII IMO can become an Aaron Rodgers type QB in that he can be a pocket passer and a threat to run if nobody is open and/or the D leaves a lane.

But I dont feel neither of these guys will be around as long as SB. SB for the most part gets rid of the ball instead of making himself a target if nothing is open, and with time I feel he will get better at this.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, that was pretty douchey of Sherman. Who talks shit AFTER the game is over?

I don't even think Finnegan does that.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
sherman should just be thankful he could play after testing positive for adderall (which is the brand name for amphetamine salts)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
lasvegasrams said:
sherman should just be thankful he could play after testing positive for adderall (which is the brandname for amphetamine salts)
Zombies love footballs... :what:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
Yeah, that was pretty douchey of Sherman. Who talks shit AFTER the game is over?

I don't even think Finnegan does that.

Sherman does after every fucking game like he's hard. I love how he made the keep talking signal with his hand after he got bitched slapped. He was the bitch talking anyway.

I can't wait to play those fucks again

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think Trent Williams is my favorite tackle now.

Haha anyone that does that to a seacrap is my favorite. Just keep replaying that part over and over. LOVE IT!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... s/1814279/

Jim Corbett, USA TODAY Sports

ASHBURN, Va. -- The chippiness of Sunday's NFC wild-card game culminated with Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams unleashing a right smash to Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman's face after the game ended — an act, caught on video, that went viral.

But the sniping also included Seahawks defensive end Red Bryant trying to stomp rookie running back Alfred Morris, the Redskins said.

Williams and Sherman started going at it from the game's first play, with Sherman allegedly taunting Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and the normally mild-mannered Morris, a rookie, coming off the field yelling profanities after Bryant supposedly tried to step on him following a play.

"There was a cheap shot — Red Bryant tried to step on him after a play and hit him in the head,'' Redskins fullback Darrel Young said Monday. "Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

"We'll see them again. When Alfred comes to the sideline cursing, you've got a problem because this is a kid who doesn't curse.''

Young said Sherman was the chippiest, lippiest Seahawks player. Sherman said Williams came up to him after the game and said, 'I'll swing on you.'" So, Sherman said, he told Williams to take his best shot. Williams responded with an open palm to the face.

"That's just frustration," Sherman said. "He threw his full jab. I'll keep walking, smiling.''

Sherman, fans will recall, is the cornerback who jawed at Tom Brady during Seattle's upset of the New England Patriots in October. Sherman then tweeted a photo of the two of them face-to-face after the game with a caption: "U Mad Bro?"

Sherman "was taunting Mike Shanahan on the sideline, telling Mike, 'You can't throw over here.' "I wanted to go over and punch him (Sherman) myself," fullback Darrel Young said.

"Yeah, that (post-game smash) was uncharacteristic of Trent. But you get enough of something, you want to put a stop to it. I hope we got Seattle on our schedule next year.''

The teams will not play in 2013, unless it's in the postseason.

Said linebacker Rob Jackson: "I definitely felt there was a lot of extra-curricular activity out there. I do know after the first play from scrimmage, Trent and Sherman got after it. I don't know if that carried over. It's hard to get Trent rattled.''

Williams blamed himself for losing his cool in the post-game scuffle.

"I let them get the best of me,'' Williams said after the game. "It's nobody's fault but mine.''

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Seapidgeons sure aren't doing anything to improve their image.

Most fans dislike them for the games they ran up the score... now they openly trash talk and act out on TV.

Karma's gonna get ya...