Several thoughts about the Cook rumors...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Bohunkus?:rolllaugh:

If you ever leave this board RH, I WILL find you.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Not every quarterback and receiver click right off the bat. I think Cook just needs time to work with Foles. The guy gets open, if he didn't we wouldn't hear his name all game long. Give it time he will change hearts and minds and surprise everyone. ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm calling it here...Jared Cook balls out against the Browns....2 td's....150+ yards in the air...Quick gets a 100 too....

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
I started not to like cook after that shove on Austin Davis. Also this season when he drops his passes I see him slam the ball in anger. Needs to play with a cooler head. Maybe he can turn it around?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I believe LaCanfora and Florio over Fisher. Fisher flat-out lied to everyone for the entire duration of moving Bradford. He is not to be trusted when it comes to personnel reports.

Best case scenario for the Rams is that Cook gets it together and plays lights out the rest of the season. But only a fool would bank on that. And IMO logic backs up the media on this one. My bet is that Snead made a couple calls, probably to Atlanta where he has a lot of association, and likely another team or two. And I'm sure both him and Fish are pi$$ed that someone spilled the info. My assumption is based on who has the need, which is the Rams. They undoubtedly would like to clear the air by moving his overpaid @$$ to another team.

We will never know the truth, and it likely won't happen if they haven't had an offer they like by now. But there is still time and it would not surprise me if it happened even if Cook has a big game this Sunday.

I'm not sure about believing one person over another, but I would ask how many bazillions of times that "unamed sources" info had led a talking head to exclaim that somebody did/ might do/ has thought about doing or is likely to do give a passing thought to doing, this that or another thing...Fisher for sure lost a ton of believability points with the Bradford mess, but that doesn't give me pause to give any more creedence to what any of the "reliable" inside sources would like us to believe...As evidenced by my mini-rant here, I don't like or give a rats ass what most of these people tell me, nor do I believe much of what Fisher says anymore...I guess that makes it a wash for me..If he has on a suit and hat on Sunday, I'll hope he performs...If he gets traded, cut or injured street racing with other over paid self-indulgent whiny sports stars, or even blows off body parts doing stupid shit with explosives, I'll just ask who is the next man up...Then I'll trot to the 'fridge, grab a beer and root for that guy...

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'm calling it here...Jared Cook balls out against the Browns....2 td's....150+ yards in the air...Quick gets a 100 too....
Oh, can you add a 150 yard game for Gurley and a return. TD for Austin, to go with a 100 yard game for Britt, Austin and Bailey as well?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I understand the logic here but I don't think Cook is actually doing that. DCs may have to game plan for the possibility of Cook going off but until he starts doing it with any kind of consistency in a game or a series of games, I don't think they are devoting any more resources to him than they would to Kendricks or any other TE we have suiting up. It's a shame too. If DCs had to game plan to stop TA, TG, AND Cook, I think you'd see a pretty damn well rounded offense.

Who knows. Maybe this rumor was started to jerk Cook out of his funk. I hope so and I hope it works. This offense could use the talents he allegedly possesses.
I agree in principal .and a 3 pronged attack is the minimum that's needed to be a consistent offense. GSOT could roll out 5 counting Conwell.
While Cook is having a poor year he is a match up problem for defenses. The Rams have no one else that can run the seams like Cook. If Kendricks could Cook would have never been a Ram.Sometimes I think fans expect more Gronk from him, he ill never be that player. He lacks the drive, hands, and skill to ever be that.

But like Ray Malavasi said " If he can do it once then he can do it again against us" . That's what worries DC's, he runs one good route and hangs on to the ball and it changes the game. He's hard to stop if that happens. Harkey does it a couple times then he gets game planned.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
By game plan, do you mean wave as he runs past? :sneaky:

I don't think anyone is scared of Cook right now.
What your talking about is the "Justin King" defensive plan. Let him run past and hope he drops the ball.Worked well against Torrey Smith said no one ever.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What your talking about is the "Justin King" defensive plan. Let him run past and hope he drops the ball.Worked well against Torrey Smith said no one ever.
Cook has some doing before he can even call himself Torrey Smith. First and foremost he can start by catching the ball.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:cheers::cheers:
Bohunkus?:rolllaugh:

If you ever leave this board RH, I WILL find you.
Love you too man!:grouphug:
But if I go missing from this place, some sad singing and slow driving has transpired and I won't be too hard to find because I'll be very very stationary. But it warms my heart that you'd miss my sophisticated redneck repertoire.:cheers:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

And he has three drops, including the game losing deflection that goes for a pick six!:headexplosion:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Smoke and Mirrors, again, as others have speculated, it could Fisher lighting a fire under his ass to get him motivated, or it could be Snead sending feelers out there to see if there IS any interest.

Unfortunately, I think, and before anyone jumps down my throat, its MY opinion and based on personal feeling and speculation. Cook is just never going to be the player he could. His body is there, its just I feel there's 2 key missing elements to his game.

1. The severe lacking of a football brain.
2. Zero passion.

I could forgive his nonchalant demeanour if he was making the catches, making the plays, blocking and scoring the TDs but he's just not.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in either, it's hardly like he's made a good case for himself to be picked up...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Smoke and Mirrors, again, as others have speculated, it could Fisher lighting a fire under his ass to get him motivated, or it could be Snead sending feelers out there to see if there IS any interest.
What he said! :sneaky: Frustrating is what Cook is to Rams fans here! The sad thing is that he has had the most yards on the team and he's no Jimmy Graham!

Unfortunately, I think, and before anyone jumps down my throat, its MY opinion and based on personal feeling and speculation. Cook is just never going to be the player he could. His body is there, its just I feel there's 2 key missing elements to his game.

1. The severe lacking of a football brain.
2. Zero passion.

I could forgive his nonchalant demeanour if he was making the catches, making the plays, blocking and scoring the TDs but he's just not.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in either, it's hardly like he's made a good case for himself to be picked up...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw this posted on reddit and thought it was relevant to our feelings bout Cookie

Jared Cook

Incompletions on 3rd or 4th Down/Fumbles/Targets Intercepted

39 out of 212 total plays.

He has been a factor in killing 39 drives since coming to the Rams, he's played 37 games for us. Let that sink in for a minute.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Saw this posted on reddit and thought it was relevant to our feelings bout Cookie

He has been a factor in killing 39 drives since coming to the Rams, he's played 37 games for us. Let that sink in for a minute.
Yep, saw the exact same thing.

Seeing put in lump sum like that is pretty sad to be quite honest. Like when you don't know the full sum you can always just sorta convince yourself it's not that bad, but then when it's right there in black and white there's really no redemption.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cook IS still our leading receiver, yes??