Second Fiddle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
A day after the the Rams' biggest regular season victory in over a decade and a half against a divisional opponent no less, the sports talk hosts here in Los Angeles are spending more airtime on "Kobe Bryant Day". The Rams' Flagship station is even rebroadcasting some of Kobe's great games. Meanwhile the guy was cheering for the Eagles at the Coliseum when the two teams played. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy basketball but Kobe was the biggest "ball hog" in the history of Laker basketball. It was always about him. And the Rams have to take a back seat to this dude. NFL football is still the nation's #1 sport. What a joke. Well, I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow before we get back to the Rams!

PS--I hope when they uncover his uniform numbers (8 & 24) and install him in the Staples Center Ring of Honor that they mention little affair with another woman in a hotel room while the club was on the road, too.
Shame on him and Shame on the Lakers!! My wife, a Laker fan since she was a kid, switched her allegiance to the Cliippers when the news emerged.

Ironically, the only station that gave more airtime to the Rams' victory was the Mighty 1090, sports station based in San Diego!!

I remember once I went to a Rams game in St Louis.

After the game ended I left the stadium and instantly ran into 300,000 Cardinal fans celebrating in the streets. I couldn't get on the train, I couldn't find an empty seat at a restaraunt. The whole downtown area was a SEA OF RED!!

I soon found out that the Cardinals and the City had the audacity to hold a World Series Victory Parade without my consent.

How dare they do such a thing! Shame shame!

fearsomefour

Legend
My post did seem kinda harsh, lol.

My grandfather played goal for the U of Minnesota back in the 1930's.

Crazy thing is, I'm 100% Southern. Born, raised and live in SEC country.

Just love hockey.

I won a brand new pickup shooting the puck at a game...made a shot from center ice into a tiny hole.

Hockey been berry, berry good to me!
Nice.
I was just making a hockey/Canadian joke.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus Kobe just gave inspirational talks to the Eagles before the Rams v Eagles home game
Did he really do that? I must have missed reading about it. If so, he's dead to me (not that I was a fan after his affair... and yes, anal is an affair... any sexual relations with another woman while you're married is an affair). I just don't understand how these simple lines get blurred.

Can't really fault Kobe for cheering on the Eagles.
Heck yeah, I can.. want to root for PHI? Go live there, ya bum.

to think that the LA media isn't going to cover one of the greats of the game having his number retired is just foolish.
Granted, yesterday was a special situation but I've found the Rams coverage on 710 ESPN to be very lacking.

Know where I've been getting coverage? WIP in PHI when they played the Rams... 710ESPN SEA last week... those stations cover their football teams... I'd guess 60-70% coverage. 710ESPN LA? I'd guess 25%. Yes, there are a lot more teams in LA... I get that... but 25%? Sad.

For those that want to hear actual talk about this week's game, try WGFX 104.5 The Zone Nashville.

Not on TuneIn Radio, but is on iHeart Radio.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did he really do that? I must have missed reading about it. If so, he's dead to me (not that I was a fan after his affair... and yes, anal is an affair... any sexual relations with another woman while you're married is an affair). I just don't understand how these simple lines get blurred.

Granted, yesterday was a special situation but I've found the Rams coverage on 710 ESPN to be very lacking.

Know where I've been getting coverage? WIP in PHI when they played the Rams... 710ESPN SEA last week... those stations cover their football teams... I'd guess 60-70% coverage. 710ESPN LA? I'd guess 25%. Yes, there are a lot more teams in LA... I get that... but 25%? Sad.

For those that want to hear actual talk about this week's game, try WGFX 104.5 The Zone Nashville.

I get my coverage on the intrawebs. Not much coverage up here. Actually not much local sports at all.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yep he did. I actually first heard of it on a Philly sports station, and they were slamming him a bit for being a Johnny Come Lately Iggles fan...lol

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Kobe on the court, great. Off the court, not so much.

More for the Kobe haters:
Kobe welcomed the Chargers to LA and was there to open camp with them. It almost seems there's an anti-Rams bias to Kobe, or not.

More about 710:
While it's the Rams' flagship station, it's been the Lakers' flagship station for about 7 years. One of the noon hosts is the Lakers radio pbp guy -- and an admitted Raiders fan. Guessing that 710 paid more for the Laker rights and gets more revenue and calls regarding the Lakers.

ICYMI:

View: https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/942908938084696064

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
480b6f9feeb8ccf55e15b3d89e0f9a8d--lakers-kobe-la-lakers.jpg

6306010bb06c8c5f8e83e29c70129385--sports-memes-kobe.jpg

JackStraw

Rookie
IDK Gentlemen, I listened to Cowherd & Gottlieb and they could not stop talking about how the Rams pounded Seattle. Gottlieb going on and on about the bully being put to rest and other bits and pieces I listened to confirmed the slaughter.
Yes

Can't call our selves victims of the press anymore, at least nationally. The national/main stream media is completely sold on a potential Rams Super Bowl