Second Fiddle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
A day after the the Rams' biggest regular season victory in over a decade and a half against a divisional opponent no less, the sports talk hosts here in Los Angeles are spending more airtime on "Kobe Bryant Day". The Rams' Flagship station is even rebroadcasting some of Kobe's great games. Meanwhile the guy was cheering for the Eagles at the Coliseum when the two teams played. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy basketball but Kobe was the biggest "ball hog" in the history of Laker basketball. It was always about him. And the Rams have to take a back seat to this dude. NFL football is still the nation's #1 sport. What a joke. Well, I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow before we get back to the Rams!

PS--I hope when they uncover his uniform numbers (8 & 24) and install him in the Staples Center Ring of Honor that they mention little affair with another woman in a hotel room while the club was on the road, too.
Shame on him and Shame on the Lakers!! My wife, a Laker fan since she was a kid, switched her allegiance to the Cliippers when the news emerged.

Ironically, the only station that gave more airtime to the Rams' victory was the Mighty 1090, sports station based in San Diego!!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of the sports shows I listened to today talked more about the decimated Hags team instead of the up and coming Rams . What's new

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Like it or not Kobe is a legend in LA. Rightfully so, he helped bring 5 championships to LA. I've heard nothing but praise for the Rams since yesterday, so as a Lakers and Rams fan I'm enjoying the Rams victory and Kobe day. I don't need to defend Kobe, his career speaks for itself.

Kobe Bean Bryant
(born August 23, 1978) is an American retired professional basketball player and businessman.[3] He played his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He entered the NBA directly from high school and won five NBA championships with the Lakers. Bryant is an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, and 12-time member of the All-Defensive team. He led the NBA in scoring during two seasons, and ranks third on the league's all-time regular season scoring and fourth on the all-time postseason scoring list. He holds the NBA record for the most seasons playing with one franchise for an entire career and is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.[4][5][6][7] Bryant is the first guard in NBA history to play for at least 20 seasons.
With career averages of 25.0 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, and 1.4 steals per game,[297] he is considered one of the most complete players in NBA history.[347] He was the first player in NBA history to have at least 30,000 career points and 6,000 career assists,[335] and is one of only four players with 25,000 points, 6,000 rebounds and 6,000 assists.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jordan
5115ef8c03f1131ad928b5e31df9901a.jpg

Not Jordan
images.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IDK Gentlemen, I listened to Cowherd & Gottlieb and they could not stop talking about how the Rams pounded Seattle. Gottlieb going on and on about the bully being put to rest and other bits and pieces I listened to confirmed the slaughter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Never been a Kobe fan

Magic and Jerry West were way better Lakers in my opinion

Agreed. Not to mention classier players and team guys. I have never liked Kobe and the championships never reversed that.

Rams are going to own LA after they win the Super Bowl. Don't know if it will be this year, but it's comin IMO.

Marc Spector

Rookie
Not a Cali Native but it doesnt surprise me. The NBA is low-key in a golden era as far as player popularity (due to them appealing to millennials, especially given we live in the youtube highlight generation) and Kobe is the one Superstar who millennials and previous generations both grew up seeing win (at least until LeBron retires).

Plus its only the Rams second year back in a Lakers/USC town.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I quit the Lakers and the NBA in the midst of those championships that he and Shaq accumulated. II like the days of Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich...and then Kareem, Magic & Showtime...Shaq and Kobe turned me off and the rest of the NBA.

Plus Kobe just gave inspirational talks to the Eagles before the Rams v Eagles home game....I have no time for that &%$@#!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Not a Cal resident and not an NBA fan

Hockey is my winter sport

Don't care

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I would understand if they were talking about Lonzo Ball or a random Lakers game, but it's Kobe Bryant and his jerseys are being retired. He's a legend and deserves his day.

They'll be talking once the playoffs start - don't worry

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm a Kobe hater. He's a bitch made softy. If you're a fan that's fine but this is a Rams board so you're just going to have to deal with it.
200.webp

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I couldn't care less if you like him or not but to think the LA media is not going to talk about him on the day the Lakers are retiring his numbers is ridiculous.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Is Kobe going to attend the ceremony or is he nursing a retired sore vagina?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's funny, La Media hardly ever talks Rams but yet they wonder why fans never show up to our home games. How are fans supposed to get excited about the ram so they never talk about them?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
PS--I hope when they uncover his uniform numbers (8 & 24) and install him in the Staples Center Ring of Honor that they mention little affair with another woman in a hotel room while the club was on the road, too.
A lil anal isn't an affair...

I find it hard to believe Kobe got as much as the Rams on the radio....I even heard Fred Roggin talkin Rams and McVay.

Ram77

Rookie
Respect Greatness! Kobe is a Legend. 20 years same team. 5 titles. 3rd greatest point total in NBA history. Great Defender. An assassin/hardest worker of his generation and most clutch. Hates to lose. They don’t make athletes like him anymore. It’s his night. Plus the Lakers stink and the Rams will have the spotlight from next week on. Didn’t know there was this many Kobe haters on this forum. Geesh.

fearsomefour

Legend
I keep saying it....

Baseball town
Then The Lakers
Then football.
In the big picture the Rams haven't done much yet.
Kobe is one of the best of all time.
End of story.