Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
The spice girls weren't a band. They were a corporate entity that had songs written for them. You ever write a song? Play it and produce it? If so, can we hear it?

Opinions are like assholes. That band was a fun part of my youth. Not saying they are in my current rotation, but not going to apologize for my Fandom either. The fact that a gif of them has triggered this much discussion speaks for itself.
All I’m saying is that record sales are no indication of musical quality.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yep, all you needed to know was "I want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday".
Garbage.
I have like a 15,000$ stereo which for a regular working guy is quite nice.
Bands like KISS get exposed on a fine stereo. And some bands you never would think paid great attention in the studio.
I was a kid in the 70s too. And I thought KISS was some band shoved at us we were "supposed" to like. I remember all of their own live albums with their faces on the covers.
Just marketing trash and terrible music. I knew enough back then to know they sucked.
Instrument, yes. Any good at it....NO. When I retire I will have more time for that guitar. But I work a 60 hour work week much of the time.
Band, nope.
Just like good music and Rock and Roll is most of what I listen too. My parents were in High School in the mid- late 50s and had a large vinyl collection they let us kids wear out. (shame because so many were worth a lot of money today)
So I have Rock and Roll in my blood from the very beginning of it.
I always wanted a fine stereo growing up so when I grew up I bought a mid range higher end stereo. I bought the best bang for your buck back then. Its not actually a 15,000$ system. I paid 10,000$ for it back in the 90s. It would cost more 15K+ to reproduce it today if new. You could buy it all used for much less than 10K today if you can find the components in good shape.
But its a really cool experience to sit back in your living room and rock out and its sounds better than they do LIVE. That is a fact, its better equipment sound wise than they use in concerts.
I went to the first BottleRock and it was great, but sound wise my living room is better. But, the bass from their stuff felt like it went through your chest and came out your back. Almost like if you had a pacemaker you might be in trouble.
I went do a indoor Chris Isak concert and even my wife said our stuff sounded better.
But the concert was cool. That guy was like Elvis, chicks coming up on stage and taking their shirts off. And if you were "looking for some" after the show that place was so full of middle aged hot and bothered hotties the bar was a sure thing if you were single.
I am all about the Rock and Roll. Nirvana is my favorite band.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@gogoat1 - what comprises your system?
Was a bit of an audiophile back in the day, but ten years ago got into SONOS, which is so flippin' easy that's all I have now.
But still like the higher end stuff.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yep, all you needed to know was "I want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday".
Garbage.
I have like a 15,000$ stereo which for a regular working guy is quite nice.
Bands like KISS get exposed on a fine stereo. And some bands you never would think paid great attention in the studio.
I remember listening to an interview with Paul Stanley many years ago. (Maybe even decades)
He stated they make their music to be listened to on AM radio, so anyone can enjoy it.
They didn’t want anything that needed an expensive system or even headphones to enjoy.
I thought it was an interesting view for a band.

With that said. I was never a fan. I don’t dislike them, I just never thought they were anything special.

Last edited:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
@gogoat1 - what comprises your system?
Was a bit of an audiophile back in the day, but ten years ago got into SONOS, which is so flippin' easy that's all I have now.
But still like the higher end stuff.
My speakers consist of the Paradigm Studio Reference 100s (90 lbs each, 4 ' tall) Duel 8" woofers, Kevlar 6" mid-range and a pure aluminum dome tweeter. Studio Referance center channel, duel 6' speakers with aluminum dome tweeter. Studio Reference 6" Monitor rear speakers. Paradigm Reference 15" servo sub woofer with built in 400 watt amp.
This sub rattles dishes stacked in the kitchen cupboard and has knocked pictures off the wall in a rear bedroom. It makes vibrations below what a human ear can hear. You can only feel them.
Anthem 2 channel main amp, 250 watts RMS per side. B&K 600 watt RMS 3 channel amp for the center and surrounds.
Marantz AV pre amp with separate Dolby Digital Processor unit, Audio Alchemy DA converter coming out of the Dennon CD changer.
Have a bunch a high dollar connectors for it all. Giant flat wire pure copper speaker cables.
Its really nice to come home from work and listen to it. Buts its been a little while. I hurt one of the mains, think crossover and I just bought a new one. But have not put it in yet. The local dealers retired so I have to take a afternoon and sort it all out.
Paradigm is up in Canada so I have to work directly with them.
I like to listen to it LOUD.
The great thing is I am moving to a home on a flat acre with the house about in the middle. No neighbors behind us or to the west. Not a house within 200 feet and its going to get even louder. Building a giant deck for parties, plenty of parking. Building a big shop with a RV hookup near by. Might invest in some outdoor speakers now !

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Started this thread I believe years ago & thought it got shut down.

Still just adding a coach like Andy Dickerson shows how Mcvay’s coaching tree blossoms all over The NFL.