Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I’ve had a thread for awhile however it has come about. The title was different.

My point though is about Sean Mcvay’s coaching TREE.

This Staff is(excellent) good,but the change doesn’t make things easier on Sean Mcvay. There was a question about that & I enjoyed the Heart Felt answer .We’ll see how things playout?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This thread started as Sean Mcvay best ever. You know now that Whit is in the booth a little you find out a little more insight.
Hearing Mcvay & about the Sharks coming out. The Rams could sell little stuffed Sharks.Would be funny and a little craz at first.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Going to training camp & seeing walk throughs it shows a little about what Mcvay’s attention to detail is & there concepts of making the 53.
—Whitley & Thomas are competing & to me it’s a big deal.Whitworth thinks Thomas might have passed him up because of his game(preseason).
The funny thing is how they talk about the varsity & JV squads. I saw it & posted about it. To hear how Demoff talked about it as well & how they go about developing young players.They really take there time.
Les Snead has basically done his job. Now he just needs to keep looking & get those reports from Mcvay.They are always talking ball.

—Sean Mcvay set this system up & The Rams franchise will carry this over for years to come. Is he The Best Ever?
5 years
2 SuperBowls
4 play off appearances
-Les Snead will say he was disappointed in 2019,because dispite
not making the playoffs.The Rams we’re good enough to challenge for it all. 9ers made it to the SuperBowl & that is when there new win streak started.
Rams coming off 2021/22 as SuperBowl Champs starts to put Sean Mcvay The Best Ever ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll say Sean Mcvay’s coaching Tree will continue to be The Best ever.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I love how much fire and intensity McVay brings even during a preseason game. Doesn’t look like there will be any let up or SB hangover; if anything it looks like we will tromp down on the gas even harder. We are so fortunate, and this is such a great time to be a Rams fan.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As soon as I saw who started this thread, I immediately knew who had just necro'd it :)

The answer to#1 is maybe. #2 - The answer has to be yes. Emphatically so.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's just preseason.

But...

Watching the Rams second team D play such a solid, solid game was a lot of fun. Rochell, Kendrick and Durant all look to be starting level talent in the NFL. Rochell is growing and learning.. and combined with his ability, that's going to be sooooo much fun to watch.
Kendrick and Durant look to be pretty special when it comes to being able to cover AND being able to make plays on the ball. Obviously, some concern about Durant's tackling, but that can improve.

Also.. just how on point everyone was. This really looks like a focused organization.

I hope that what I'm seeing from Anchrum isn't a mirage.. he looks like he may be a starting guard after all.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I actually thought his behavior was not encouraging from one aspect, and that is burn out.

If he gets that upset over 3rd stringers in preseason and even a guy, who likely won't make the 53 in Rose, then that's not all good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I actually thought his behavior was not encouraging from one aspect, and that is burn out.

If he gets that upset over 3rd stringers in preseason and even a guy, who likely won't make the 53 in Rose, then that's not all good.
I disagree, it's the competitive nature in him. 3rd & 1, the RB drops the ball, doesn't matter who the RB is or the game as a coach, you're upset over the execution of the play. I'm pleased McVay lost it a little because so did I.

As a fanbase, we can't fear the burnout. Obviously all of us want him coaching for a long period of time, but McVay cares and that is one of his greatest assets IMHO.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It's just preseason.

But...

Watching the Rams second team D play such a solid, solid game was a lot of fun. Rochell, Kendrick and Durant all look to be starting level talent in the NFL. Rochell is growing and learning.. and combined with his ability, that's going to be sooooo much fun to watch.
Kendrick and Durant look to be pretty special when it comes to being able to cover AND being able to make plays on the ball. Obviously, some concern about Durant's tackling, but that can improve.

Also.. just how on point everyone was. This really looks like a focused organization.

I hope that what I'm seeing from Anchrum isn't a mirage.. he looks like he may be a starting guard after all.

Yea I agree with h everything there and Houston was playing to win. We all know Perkins arm strength is sub par however he was also going against some starters out there and a fugazi offensive line. So anyone that says he just fodder going against lame crap players isn't being entirely fair.

See I understand and even agree with sitting number ones however hard to tell sometimes if someone like Perkins or any possible prospect is good if they are out there with players that can't block or run or pass hard to evaluate a running back or QB behind a highschool offensive line you would have to be a mega star to succeed in those conditions. It is a catch 22 guess this is why we have trust in our front office but sooner or later one or two will get away when playing with better player/teams.

fearsomefour

Legend

His attitude and reaction was very similar to almost every coach I have ever known.
Using Vermeil as one example. He said a large cause of his burnout was him obsessing over everything....all the way down to the training table in camp.
McVay obsessing over things that others should be handling.....like nutrition and stretching program etc.....that could be bad. Him obsessing over execution of his offense, that's his job.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's just preseason.

But...

Difference between playing against backups and starters.
Also, Anchrum (like all lineman) benefit from playing with other starters as opposed to back ups.
Anchrum had a bad game, but, not too worried about him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As a forever SuperBowl NFL fan.

I propose these 2 questions. Will start with the first,and add the 2nd which is to a lesser degree.

Is Sean Mcvay The best coach ever?

Ram coach ever ?

Well lost my post on this a minute ago so I can continue the thought later on my views of a favorite Rams coach besides Mcvay. Actually makes the answer for me easier.

Sean Mcvay is The Best Rams HC as a Ram.He is(harder answer now) my favorite Rams HC ever!! Never thought it would be that Emotional.

As far as Best Ever in The NFL. The question was asked a year before The Rams won the SuperBowl.

The reasoning was Sean Mcvay’s age which will make him The Best Head Coach Ever at The age of 40.

Plus Sean Mcvay’s coaching tree which from 2 years ago is over TWICE as good as EVER!

Cinncy last season
The Hags OC Weldon
Vikings HC & OC
Denver’s DC

just more examples of how Sean Mcvay is a mentor to The NFL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to say InLOVE Sean Mcvay & how HUMBLE he is!!

How he has stayed has STAYED TRUE
to his CORE beliefs.

A person can talk the talk,but when live shots are fired & presure is on. How are you going to react ?

Sean Mcvay has stayed True to Self.

With Sean Mcvay it is NOT ME it’s WE
He gives praise to everyone.He has made the extended effort to stay true
which makes everyone around him blessed for being able to look within
& find there heart for themselfs & others.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow I was really optimistic about our season up there.^ Sigh
1SJcNMK.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I love how much fire and intensity McVay brings even during a preseason game. Doesn’t look like there will be any let up or SB hangover; if anything it looks like we will tromp down on the gas even harder. We are so fortunate, and this is such a great time to be a Rams fan.

Looking back at The 2022 season & where The Rams are now is not a lot different in Sean Mcvay wanting to WIN!!

He is ALWAYS PREPARED early.What that looks like record wise & where he is as a HC is a lot different.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to say InLOVE Sean Mcvay & how HUMBLE he is!!

How he has stayed has STAYED TRUE
to his CORE beliefs.

A person can talk the talk,but when live shots are fired & presure is on. How are you going to react ?

Sean Mcvay has stayed True to Self.

With Sean Mcvay it is NOT ME it’s WE
He gives praise to everyone.He has made the extended effort to stay true
which makes everyone around him blessed for being able to look within
& find there heart for themselfs & others.

Can’t say it ENOUGH!! More so NOW than EVER!!

I LOVE Sean Mcvay.My GF says she hates that guy & his voice.

That’s the life I live.To each his own.I really think Sean Mcvay is BETTER than EVER!!

His CORE COACHING STAFF is AWESOME!!! His Ciaching Tree is
Historic!! (Will be BIGTIME).

Belacheat & that original Browns whole GM & coaches is probably The Bestever.

IMO what he is doing is spectacular. Have to give Andy Reid a lot of credit as a HC.There is such a long list GREAT COACHES. Mcvay’s coaching TREE?? - special.