Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can’t say it ENOUGH!! More so NOW than EVER!!

I LOVE Sean Mcvay.My GF says she hates that guy & his voice.

That’s the life I live.To each his own.I really think Sean Mcvay is BETTER than EVER!!

His CORE COACHING STAFF is AWESOME!!! His Ciaching Tree is
Historic!! (Will be BIGTIME).

Belacheat & that original Browns whole GM & coaches is probably The Bestever.

IMO what he is doing is spectacular. Have to give Andy Reid a lot of credit as a HC.There is such a long list GREAT COACHES. Mcvay’s coaching TREE?? - special.

View: https://youtu.be/HuYeQi4wB_k?si=hytPmSAfTy2kECEp

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well - Sean Mcvay sort of kiss managed the CINNCY game. Could have a serious effect on the 2023 season.
Mattew Stafford when he tries to do to much & make things happen things don’t seem to workout as well. I go back to The Superbowl year & know that
he can be Great.
6 points in the first half & that Tutu Atwell’s heel touching was wrong.
Story is is that who cares ? We move on,but the legacy continues.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well - Sean Mcvay sort of kiss managed the CINNCY game.
Kiss management is frowned upon now. You don't want to be in HRs office.
Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Well - Sean Mcvay sort of kiss managed the CINNCY game. Could have a serious effect on the 2023 season.
Mattew Stafford when he tries to do to much & make things happen things don’t seem to workout as well. I go back to The Superbowl year & know that
he can be Great.
6 points in the first half & that Tutu Atwell’s heel touching was wrong.
Story is is that who cares ? We move on,but the legacy continues.
gene simmons kiss GIF

oldnotdead

Legend
Every coach and every player has their strengths and weaknesses. Games like this have happened in the past and will happen in the future. As long as the wins exceed the losses so what. We accept Sean's issues just like we accept Stafford's issues. Sometimes its clear neither one can help themselves. People are who they are and we simply accept it or not.

One thing that was made clear was the need for a true RB who not only is a strong RB, but can block and catch. The only RB with that skill set is Freeman. So either accept that reality and play Freeman or acknowledge they might have made the wrong choice between Akers and Williams. Regardless, they need to stop looking at him as a receiver. Williams is 17 receptions on 31 targets with 2 crucial drops and one resulting in an INT and the second one almost being one. Akers by comparison was 27 receptions on 35 targets, i.e. 77% for Akers and 55% for Williams. The only difference being Williams being a better pass blocker.

If being a receiver is that important to the Rams then it should be next man up, Evans and Freeman. Royce has 85 receptions on 107 targets (79%) and he's bigger and faster and has passed blocked. Ronnie Rivers is a small RB at 5'9" a tad slower than Freeman and has only one reception for 4 yards this year. More importantly he's never shown he can run with power.

So McVay can stick with Williams and just not throw to him, or see what he has in Evans and Freeman. This is why I would be surprised if they didn't at least explore a trade for Taylor. If they can get him for a couple of non-first round picks I think they should.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
McVay did make mistakes. Throwing 3 straight times near the goal line was one. But when Jackson went down it changed the whole complexion of the game. Stafford was under heavy pressure just about every play because Thomas was overmatched and overwhelmed. He had no chance. If you want to fault McVay here he shoulda had someone helping on the pass rusher. Maybe a tight end chipping him to slow it down and give Stafford and extra second?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yes, but KISS was HORRIBLE simplistic, repetitive music.
Remember when those ugly fucks took off their makeup and made that Lick It Up video ?
Bet a lot of chicks were like, nah.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Remember when those ugly fucks took off their makeup and made that Lick It Up video ?
They’re doing pretty good with the chicks i imagine.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nah fam, you can miss me with that shit. I was Kiss Army as a 5 year old!!

Also, I am guessing that band had more "chicks" in an average week than most have had over a lifetime.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill

Also, I am guessing that band had more "chicks" in an average week than most have had over a lifetime.
Yea they still rockin..

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

Never been able to stand KISS. Its like we were supposed to like them growing up. But if you really listen to them, terrible.
Not sure if the letters KISS stand for what some say either. They just are not good.
Groupies ? who cares. Lots of skanks laid down for rock bands.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Never been able to stand KISS. Its like we were supposed to like them growing up. But if you really listen to them, terrible.
Not sure if the letters KISS stand for what some say either. They just are not good.
Groupies ? who cares. Lots of skanks laid down for rock bands.
They were fun.. they were rock n roll. Not the tightest or most original music, but.. again.. fun.

Music can be a lot of things.. that's why it's so awesome. Even "bad" songs can be a lot of fun.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Probably the greatest coach in Rams history is George Allen. Like McVay, he never had a losing season. In the 70's, Chuck Knox had 4 seasons as HC and won 4 NFC West titles, but could never get past the Cowboys or the Vikings in the playoffs. Robinson did well in the 80's. Yet, it was only Dick Vermeil who won a Super Bowl with the Rams, and that has to be weighted more than just wins and losses in the regular season.
1. George Allen
2. Dick Vermeil
3. Sean McVay
4. Jogn Robinson

I wouldn't call any Rams HC the best HC in the NFL.
Totally agree!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never liked KISS, if you knew one line, you knew all the words in the whole song.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Never liked KISS, if you knew one line, you knew all the words in the whole song.
Yep, all you needed to know was "I want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday".
Garbage.
I have like a 15,000$ stereo which for a regular working guy is quite nice.
Bands like KISS get exposed on a fine stereo. And some bands you never would think paid great attention in the studio.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, all you needed to know was "I want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday".
Garbage.
I have like a 15,000$ stereo which for a regular working guy is quite nice.
Bands like KISS get exposed on a fine stereo. And some bands you never would think paid great attention in the studio.
15k for a stereo? Lolz. So, do you play an instrument? Ever been in a band?

I'm not saying Kiss was original or even that they were above average musicians. As a kiddo in the 70s, I thought they were the coolest. I was a huge Ace Frehley fan and I am not apologetic about it, haha.

I find it funny when people shit on a band like Kiss, or these days I guess Nickleback. Those bands have sold a bazillion records, so they must not be as horrible as the "audiophiles" say they are.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
So have the likes of the Spice Girls. Doesn’t mean that they’re any good.
The spice girls weren't a band. They were a corporate entity that had songs written for them. You ever write a song? Play it and produce it? If so, can we hear it?

Opinions are like assholes. That band was a fun part of my youth. Not saying they are in my current rotation, but not going to apologize for my Fandom either. The fact that a gif of them has triggered this much discussion speaks for itself.