Schotty needs to be fired after this year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well FWIW jrry it's HARD for a full time Rams fan and a part time Broncos fan like me to see our #8 overall compared to Tridon Holliday who was a sixth round choice of the Texans and is accounting for 540K of cap .

Someone needs to jerk the kid up and tell him to go....... and deal with it as it comes

The thing about it is that if not for penalties, Tavon would be averaging more yards per punt return than Trindon. And Trindon also isn't a rookie and is a pure returnman.

I'm not going to demand the guy change his style because his style works. The punt return unit just needed to cut out the penalties...which they've done a better job of late.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I felt like we are driving the ball better right now. By no means am I saying Clemens is the better QB, I think his style better fits the system. And come on, Sam is consistently checkin it down, making throws on 3rd down that aren't even to the LOS. Now this may be by design. But it just seems to be less of that the last two weeks. And it may just be me, as I'm not a fan of Bradford. And perhaps my thoughts are skewed, but I hope they aren't, I try to be as fair as possible in what I see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I felt like we are driving the ball better right now. By no means am I saying Clemens is the better QB, I think his style better fits the system. And come on, Sam is consistently checkin it down, making throws on 3rd down that aren't even to the LOS. Now this may be by design. But it just seems to be less of that the last two weeks. And it may just be me, as I'm not a fan of Bradford. And perhaps my thoughts are skewed, but I hope they aren't, I try to be as fair as possible in what I see.

Are we though? Consider what we did against Jacksonville, Houston and Carolina. We drove the ball with ease and put the ball in the end-zone with relative consistency. And we hadn't even began to ride Stacy like we're riding him right now. I have little doubt that Bradford could sustain drives with Stacy running for 120 yards on 22 carries every week.

Making throws on 3rd down that aren't to the LOS? If they aren't to the LOS, they're most definitely designed plays.

Has there been less of that or have there just been less 3rd and long type situations(due to Stacy)?

If we're being fair to Bradford, he had the 2nd best QB rating in the NFL over the 3 week period that he played with Zac Stacy. It's not a coincidence either. It's the difference that a running game makes...especially in the system we run.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

Your not wrong I see it the same way. I like Bradford but I see holes in his game that just like u that others don't see. He doesn't look downfield or extend plays enough for me to be a gungho fan.

And jrry u said "I thought he could have done more to challenge the intermediate part of the defense but that also meant throwing over levels of defenders which is not easy and a riskier proposition."... He gets paid to throw over levels of defenders, I mean he probably has been doing it since peewee league. It isn't like he has accuracy problems like Clemens, and clemens looks downfield 1st and checks down last seemingly. And when i say downfield I don't mean 20yrds, I mean 10+.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We are gonna have to agree to disagree here. I'm going off style of play and your going of past stats. I'm talking about liking the way our offense is moving the ball and your talking about past stats. I would talk about Clemens pocket awareness helping our pass game almost as much as our run, but I feel you would come back at me with past stats. So this is where i sign off of this thread.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are gonna have to agree to disagree here. I'm going off style of play and your going of past stats. I'm talking about liking the way our offense is moving the ball and your talking about past stats. I would talk about Clemens pocket awareness helping our pass game almost as much as our run, but I feel you would come back at me with past stats. So this is where i sign off of this thread.

Well, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree because Sam has better pocket awareness than Clemens. Clemens is too quick to bail out of the pocket and doesn't manipulate it in the same way that Sam did. It's why Clemens ends up scrambling so much. There are a big chunk of the plays where he ended up scrambling that he could have just slid up in the pocket and let the tackles ride the pass rushers by him.

You're more than welcome to talk about the way the offense moves the ball but I think I'm also entitled to bring up that the offense had no trouble moving the ball in the 3 games that Sam started with Stacy. I don't really think I even need to bring up stats in regards to that. We all saw it.

Heck, my use of stats has been pretty minimal. The only stat I referenced in regards to Sam's play was his QB Rating over that stretch. I mainly just used stats to point out how much more effective our running game has become. And I don't think I even needed stats to point it out. That's pretty obvious to all of us.

If you don't want any stats...here's my analysis...After Zac Stacy took over, Sam Bradford was playing really good football before he got hurt and this team was doing well.

V3

Hall of Fame
Going into last Sunday we were second,so if we are gonna fire someone about that I'd say the wr. coach.
And ...........................not for me ya don't

I'd like a new WR coach. None of our WRs are progressing like they should. Either it's on the WRs or its on the coach and since everyone here seems to think our WRs are the best kept secret in the league, that must mean the coach isn't doing his job.

I'd like a new DB coach and DC as well. Anyone who thinks the coaching has been good this year is out of their mind.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The thing about it is that if not for penalties, Tavon would be averaging more yards per punt return than Trindon. And Trindon also isn't a rookie and is a pure returnman.

I'm not going to demand the guy change his style because his style works. The punt return unit just needed to cut out the penalties...which they've done a better job of late.
OK thanks I feel better now:heh:
But if ya don't mind can we ask him not to GIVE UP ground like he did Sunday?:bigup:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
\Anyone who thinks the coaching has been good this year is out of their mind.

Yeah? Coaching and scheming has exactly been why the team has not been blown out since Sam went down.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah? Coaching and scheming has exactly been why the team has not been blown out since Sam went down.

So two decent games makes up for all the crap we've seen prior with regards to coaching? And the past two haven't been perfect either. In not even really talking about Schotty here, although he's had some plays that had me wondering in the past two. I know the Rams can do no wrong in your eyes but I'm not the only one noticing the poor coaching and bringing it up.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think firing Shotty is the answer...but I do think bringing in a consultant to help him get creative would be nice. Bring in someone that knows how to get the ball to playmakers in space.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't always like the plays he calls but even I don't think getting rid of him is smart. What all coaches do and I'm sure Shotty and Fisher will, is sit down in the offseason and look at each game, plays, etc. They'll be able to look at everything that worked and everything that didn't. I'm sure they'll spend a lot of time to figure out how they could utilize each talent they have better or differently. Now if they don't make major adjustments next year to maximize what we have then sure, let him go. But we added a lot of new pieces this year and although we would of liked everything to gel a lot faster than it did..Well it didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I truly believe 2014 is the year we take off.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Disagree. Offense was looking good with Sam before the injury. Stacy was the missing piece. Offense has done about as well as you can without Sam. He's not a great OC but he's not the liability some make him seem to be. My biggest issue is that I wish he used Tavon better. I hope Stedman seems more snaps soon too.
You took the words right out of my mouth. But not utilizing Tavon well is a pretty serious flaw in my book. It demonstrates to me a lack of creativity on Schotty's part, which is huge concern of mine. If someone better becomes available in the offseason than I say we make a move.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You took the words right out of my mouth. But not utilizing Tavon well is a pretty serious flaw in my book. It demonstrates to me a lack of creativity on Schotty's part, which is huge concern of mine. If someone better becomes available in the offseason than I say we make a move.

Perhaps it wasn't Schotty that ruined Mark Sanchez...but Mark Sanchez who ruined Schotty.:bigup:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Perhaps it wasn't Schotty that ruined Mark Sanchez...but Mark Sanchez who ruined Schotty.:bigup:
It does seem as if there is something acting to limit what Schotty is willing to try, and it could be fear of repeating the criticisms he withstood in NYC with Sanchez. Interesting theory, anyway.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
We have finally found a running game. We didn't even have a facsimile of that early in the season. And if we were able to count the plays that we had when Sam was still healthy .... the ones either just simply dropped ... or called back from some ridiculous penalty ... the Offense as a whole would be actually pretty good.

What I DO question at times is play calls at certain.... IMPORTANT times in games ... along with personnel and formation. Seems sometimes they just try and get too cute and even out smart themselves. Hopefully as the youngsters mature and knowledge builds, we will see them come together pretty good.

And I think if something WERE to happen with Schotty's job, Fisher would keep the same system .. .and maybe promote Cignetti or something like that. We don't want this young group to have to learn a whole new system right now. That would retard growth something fierce.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My counter to this post is: Our WR's need to catch passes, we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, someone needs to block consistently. I don't care if Jesus Shuttlesworth was calling our plays, there can't be success without execution