Schottenheimer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see a lot.

Here, I'll save you the trouble; points per game ranking attached in his career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SchoBr0.htm

Dudes average, best case. Only top 10 once in 8 years. Not good results in my book.

But I can understand how for a Rams fan, average looks good. :sneaky:
I understand your trepidation (where's the $5 word bonus?), but we don't need him to be Mike Martz. We only need him to be better than Shurmur and McD. His offenses typically ranked in the upper half/middle of the pack area, but that 2008 example is a good one. Have they been yoked with playmakers on offense while he was there? Not really. If we can break into the top 15 on offense, then our defense will do the rest. Not to mention how special our special teams are. With Hekker giving us nice field position, and GZ able to hit anything under 45 (and a good gamble on anything over 50), we should be able to advance far. The key is consistency, and you don't get that by changing coaches every couple of years.

Patience, Padawan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With Sanchez they finished #13 overall in scoring twice. Id sign up with #13 right now. Last year that was Detroit at just under 25 points a game.

I'm not kicking Schotty to the curb, but he's on watch.

We got some pieces. Let's hope he has a plan to exploit the matchups.

Because, his average record ain't good enough in my book.

bluecoconuts

Legend
1 time in 8yrs?

I dunno man. That's more than a "right player".

He brought our offense to it's highest since 2006 when we still had Holt and Bulger..... Not that it's really a high bar to beat, but he improved from his first season to second season, and both are highest since that time, so it is something.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I understand your trepidation (where's the $5 word bonus?), but we don't need him to be Mike Martz. We only need him to be better than Shurmur and McD. His offenses typically ranked in the upper half/middle of the pack area, but that 2008 example is a good one. Have they been yoked with playmakers on offense while he was there? Not really. If we can break into the top 15 on offense, then our defense will do the rest. Not to mention how special our special teams are. With Hekker giving us nice field position, and GZ able to hit anything under 45 (and a good gamble on anything over 50), we should be able to advance far. The key is consistency, and you don't get that by changing coaches every couple of years.

Patience, Padawan.

I support the decision to keep Schotty.

I'm just not keen to accepting we ride the coattails of the defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He brought our offense to it's highest since 2006 when we still had Holt and Bulger..... Not that it's really a high bar to beat, but he improved from his first season to second season, and both are highest since that time, so it is something.

I appreciate the bump. But, not impressed by our 21st ranking.

Not.

Good.

Enough.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate the bump. But, not impressed by our 21st ranking.

Not.

Good.

Enough.
Well, he's finished in the 20's both years with the Rams, improving from 25 to 21 and only 1 time in 6 years with the Jets did he do worse than 18.
But I wouldnt hope for not riding the coat tails of the defense, Fisher is still the HC and his teams only finished inside top 10 twice while most years finished in that 12-20 range

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I support the decision to keep Schotty.

I'm just not keen to accepting we ride the coattails of the defense.
It'll be fine. How about a Fresca!?

Danny-Judge-Smails.jpg