Schottenheimer Interviewing For Vanderbilt Job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WXcxAnF.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
i believe i am in the minority that hopes schotty stays another year with sam.
Minority maybe, but not alone. I hope he is not given the Vandy job as well. I want him back on our sideline next year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Norv Turner would be great. A proven guy that can do that job. I even recall saying Fisher wanted him two years ago, but he didn't get fired at SD yet. But we will see if Schotty leaves first.
That's exactly my thinking as well. I think he would be a great replacement given that they have the same terminology and philosophy (Turner might be a bit more likely to pass)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am conflicted.

I prefer continuity.

But I also prefer a creative offense to best utilize our players. I didn't see much of that out of Schotty.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'd suspect they promote from within or find someone that runs a very similar offense. I wouldn't expect any major philosophical change.

I'd have to agree with Sum here. Imo if they're keeping Sam, they won't change the offense.

Unless they could convince Bob Stoops or something.

V3

Hall of Fame
I am conflicted.

I prefer continuity.

But I also prefer a creative offense to best utilize our players. I didn't see much of that out of Schotty.

If you knew the verbiage and playbook were similar for the new coach, would you care if he left?

If someone told me they would be the same, I'd be HAPPY he left. He's not that great of an OC. The best reason anyone can give for Schotty staying here is for continuity.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you knew the verbiage and playbook were similar for the new coach, would you care if he left?

If someone told me they would be the same, I'd be HAPPY he left. He's not that great of an OC. The best reason anyone can give for Schotty staying here is for continuity.

I agree.

But, if keeping the verbiage the same means promote from within... I'm not sure I like the idea of a rookie signal caller.

I'd rather someone experienced. Turner would be great. Same with Chud. But... I think it's Schotty or an internal promo.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I find it interesting that he would be willing to leave the NFL for a college gig like Vandy. I mean it is an SEC team,,, but Brian went to Florida. I don't know how appealing Vandy really is when you think about the likelihood of being able to turn that football team into a powerhouse. Next to impossible I would think given their super high educational standards.

Must pay some serious jack I guess. Money talks.

Does Brian feel insecure in his current position with the Rams?

Does he believe that the Vandy job will be a good launching point for an NFL HCing job? Really?

Is he looking for a raise from the Rams?

Lots of possibilities.

IMO HC experience would be what he was after and Vandy wouldn't be his end game maybe there to a bigger school, most coaches want to be HC's or at least think they do until they are,I think it's nothing more than ambition which I'd say Fisher supports.
IMO Shotty will get a looks because of his name from lots of schools like Vandy ,it's a pretty good pedigree IMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
I agree.

But, if keeping the verbiage the same means promote from within... I'm not sure I like the idea of a rookie signal caller.

I'd rather someone experienced. Turner would be great. Same with Chud. But... I think it's Schotty or an internal promo.

I agree with the experienced part as well as your choices. I just wonder if it would be that hard for say a Turner or Chud to adapt to what's here already? Why couldn't they be the ones that have to learn the new verbiage rather than all the players on offense?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what would coach Martz do with Tavon? whatever it was, you know it would give D's fits and be extremely exciting.

fancents86

Starter
I'd like to see Cam Cameron come over. his offense when he got flacco and rice really turned me on to the Ravens as a team. I think his style would be great for our offense bc he's used to smaller receivers like Austin (mason), and deep threats like Givens (boldin, smith). rice was also beasting under him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
i believe i am in the minority that hopes schotty stays another year with sam.
Agree. Only because this will IMO be Bradford's AND Shotty's last season here if the O doesn't win games in '14.
These two are tied together and i think its the right call right now.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, considering what happened with Shurmur you can never say never with Rams OC's but I don't see BS going anywhere.

In terms of verbiage, Turner, Chudzinski, Martz...they're all from the Coryell tree and use the same as far as I know. The problem I see with all of them is that they have HC aspirations which goes against the continuity goal of Fisher and Snead. Any success by them as OC means them walking out the door IMO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Picked this out of an article by Jim Thomas on the story :

There are lots of potential replacements available, including Norv Turner, Kyle Shanahan and Gary Kubiak. Turner was part of the recently ousted staff at Cleveland and is scheduled to interview at Minnesota for the Vikings’ offensive coordinator post. Kyle Shanahan is the son of fired Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who is a good friend of Rams coach Jeff Fisher. Kyle reportedly has interviewed with Baltimore for the Ravens’ offensive coordinator job.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_615eea4a-2b8f-5f69-b495-065dba469775.html

How funny would that be if we hired Kyle S, he took Sam to Martz like heights we win a Super Bowl and on a pass thrown to a rec. say ardunno Sammy Watkins drafted with the last of the RG picks.

Snyder wouldn't just have to change the Redskins name he'd have to change his:stirthepot: