Schefter: Rams are the Most Complete Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They've played Washington, twice...and KC. We've played Seattle and Washington. Seems pretty similar to me Les.

Washington is 25th, KC is 19th.

Seattle and Jacksonville are #1 and #2.

Both the Rams and Eagles have played some bad defenses, but the Eagles haven't been tested by a team with both a strong O and ST. KC has a potent O and beat PHIL.

IMO both teams still have some question marks, but right now I think the Rams have a tiny edge.

The game is in 7 weeks and a lot can change in that time of course. If they were playing the game this week I think the Rams would be slight favorites.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The game is in 7 weeks and a lot can change in that time of course. If they were playing the game this week I think the Rams would be slight favorites.
Exactly...
Eagles have played
Skins, Chiefs, Giants, Chargers, Cards, Panthers, Skins again....their only blowout was the Cards...I think they put their foot up the Skins ass last night too. Cumulative record of those 6 teams around 19-22 (damn you Les, making me do math!:mad:) Which is drawn down by the Giants 1-6 record....I think the Chargers are better than people know...and the Panthers are dangerous....Eyeball test says, that's a tougher schedule.

7 weeks is a long time...Lots will change...you say you'd give the slight edge to the Rams in a game...at home I'd agree, but on the road? In Philly??? Not so sure:unsure:.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Y'all ain't ready! M!**#*F*#* Rams are back! I would love a Steelers vs Rams revenge for Super Bowl XIV

I prefer Rams-Patriots with a nasty blowout against the Pats and Brady retiring on a low note

Scirca

Rookie
I prefer Rams-Patriots with a nasty blowout against the Pats and Brady retiring on a low note

I just hope the league lets us wear the throwback Blues and Yellows for the Super Bowl game. Hell, the entire playoff run!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
B88D346A-8971-4802-84D2-09F79486542F.jpeg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watch every episode of NFL Live and it has been great watching the increase in hype over the Rams as the season progresses..

Louis Riddick has been in our corner since the pre-season.

GO RAMS !!

Haha, you have to be from Australia. If we want nfl news it's the only show we can watch. Do you fast forward through most of the show like i do? Alot of crap on that show.

They seem to spend 40 mins on kneeling down on so many of their shows. Clowns.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Exactly...
Eagles have played
Skins, Chiefs, Giants, Chargers, Cards, Panthers, Skins again....their only blowout was the Cards...I think they put their foot up the Skins ass last night too. Cumulative record of those 6 teams around 19-22 (damn you Les, making me do math!:mad:) Which is drawn down by the Giants 1-6 record....I think the Chargers are better than people know...and the Panthers are dangerous....Eyeball test says, that's a tougher schedule.

7 weeks is a long time...Lots will change...you say you'd give the slight edge to the Rams in a game...at home I'd agree, but on the road? In Philly??? Not so sure:unsure:.

If they played today I'd give the Rams a slight edge.

I'm not looking at the record of the teams they played and the fact that the Rams played SF draws the W-L record down for them too. I'm looking at how good the defenses and offenses are to date and the Rams have faced stiffer competition overall.

Points are what matter most, and the Rams score more and give up fewer so far.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I prefer Rams-Patriots with a nasty blowout against the Pats and Brady get his back broken by a sandwich hit by AD99 & MB90... Kraft walks onto the field and hands the doc a bodybag!!!

Changed it for ya :mrburnsevil:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Idk if i agree with some of you guys' definition of a complete team.
For me it's basically the sum of these parts:

A) Offense
1. Passing
2. Rushing
3. Scoring
4. taking care of the ball

B) Defense
1. vs the Pass
2. vs the run
3. creating turnovers
4. points allowed

C) Special teams
1. Field position
2. Coverage
3. Playmaking

Can anyone make a strong argument for another team that grades better than the Rams?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can anyone make a strong argument for another team that grades better than the Rams?
Strong....depends
I think stopping the run, with yards allowed per game, and points allowed is the strongest factors in determining a dominant defense.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/position/defense
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense
allowing over 100 yards a game on the ground is a huge :redcard: to me....I don't think a defense is as solid as it looks on the outside if it allows this many yards on the ground.

For the offense....it's more in specific numbers....yards a game is good...but I'd be concerned if a team has a poor 3rd down %%%%, or a poor red zone percentage. Points is also good too...but it may be an indicator of an easy schedule. That stat needs a large sample...over 10-12 games....So, who you played probably determines how much you scored, and may or may not indicate how good your offense is....who did you score on? how efficient were you on 3rd downs? how efficient were you in the red zone?

Yards allowed and yards gained does show the coaching....points, red zone conversions, 3rd down conversion %%% show execution.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame
the top 10 teams in offense probably have good offenses....but I wouldn't say that Tampa (10th) or Jax (9th) are good teams....Jax shows up on both top 10 of offense & defense....I'd say they are on the cusp of being really good....It will be their QB play that pulls them up or down.

I didn't include ST's....they are important...but it seems that a lot of good teams (top 10 offense & defense in the above listed catagories) also have strong ST's....didn't seem relevant.

As I mentioned about Jax....being a good team requires strength in offense and defense. Once those two qualifiers are met....teams that are top ten, then QB play...the best QB, with a good offense and defense, is usually the better overall team.

Rams stack up pretty well....no numbers say they aren't the best in the NFC.....Philly looks good too...So does Seattle

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think stopping the run, with yards allowed per game
To me, not very useful... the opponent can run up and down the field all day but, if they don't score, what's it matter?

points allowed
Rams are 10th, giving up a little less than 20 PPG.

Combine that with an offense that is scoring 30 PPG and the answer to this question:
is... I cannot.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Desparate ratings-need needs desparate statements: Rams will be in NFC champ game....lol--halfway through this season he says that....stupidity. When the Rams are 9-3, then let's talk about that. I hope they make the playoffs...and think they will. GOff has to get a lot better soon for that to happen.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Desparate ratings-need needs desparate statements: Rams will be in NFC champ game....lol--halfway through this season he says that....stupidity. When the Rams are 9-3, then let's talk about that. I hope they make the playoffs...and think they will. GOff has to get a lot better soon for that to happen.
Wut?
Trent Dilfer,QB of Super Bowl Champion Ravens

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Haha, you have to be from Australia. If we want nfl news it's the only show we can watch. Do you fast forward through most of the show like i do? Alot of crap on that show.

They seem to spend 40 mins on kneeling down on so many of their shows. Clowns.

lols ... the 30+ Fast Forward is a good friend of mine.

So so so much Cheatriots ... :puke:

Whenever I see anything Rams related I back it up -- we were virtually non-existent at the start of the season. :rolleyes:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To me, not very useful... the opponent can run up and down the field all day but, if they don't score, what's it matter?
Stopping the run is fundamental in football. Running the ball establishes a tone...an attitude...It literally defines a teams toughness. It controls the clock. TOP....Control the clock, win most games. Stopping the run takes all that away. Teams that can run are usually successful.
Wut?
Trent Dilfer,QB of Super Bowl Champion Ravens
Just proves miracles still happen:neener:

Think Trent had a wonderlic of 12 too...imagine that

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stopping the run is fundamental in football. Running the ball establishes a tone...an attitude...It literally defines a teams toughness. It controls the clock. TOP....Control the clock, win most games. Stopping the run takes all that away. Teams that can run are usually successful.
Just proves miracles still happen:neener:

Think Trent had a wonderlic of 12 too...imagine that
I still can't hear you!
~Jeff Hostetler, Super Bowl winning QB, New York Giants...:rockon:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I didn't include ST's....they are important...but it seems that a lot of good teams (top 10 offense & defense in the above listed catagories) also have strong ST's....didn't seem relevant.
You HAVE to include ST's. Even a bare bones, casual, no-stat-digging analysis for "Most complete team" would include at the minimum: Offense/Defense/ST.

Three phases to a team. After establishing that, one can try to nit pick numbers and dig to China to find flaws in any team. Analysis paralysis....

Rams are a complete team. Philly is a complete team. I'd say it's a toss up between these two. Dallas could be considered a complete team IMO. Pittsburgh also. Minnesota maybe.
NE isn't. Bottom 10 in ppg defensively.
Seattle isn't. Not even a top 15 rushing team any more. Middle of the pack ST's.
Buffalo isn't. Horrid passing game.
KC isn't. Not good enough defensively. IMO.
Houston isn't. Bad passing game. Bottom floor ST.
Denver isn't. Can't score. Horrid ST.
Oakland? No. Bottom 10 rushing team.
Arizona? No. Horrid ST. No running game.