Schefter: Rams are the Most Complete Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched OverReac tion Monday, and Adam Schefter agreed that it WAS NOT an overreaction to say that the Rams are the most complete team in the NFC. AND...He said the Rams would play in the NFC Championship Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSW4WIEw--E

Xy3GTYZ.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams segment starts at about 2:57

MASH the gas pedal down and EFF the BRAKES!
se1Z7Ly.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's very possible. We shall see over the second half of the year. Let's be real: Our offense is #1 in scoring, our special teams is arguably the best in the NFL, and our defense is #10 in points allowed per game. The defense seems to be improving by the week. If they continue to improve and the offense doesn't fall off much, we could end up with a top 5 scoring offense and defense along with arguably the best special teams. That's a complete team. But I don't want to get ahead of myself here. There's still a lot of football left to be played.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's very possible. We shall see over the second half of the year. Let's be real: Our offense is #1 in scoring, our special teams is arguably the best in the NFL, and our defense is #10 in points allowed per game. The defense seems to be improving by the week. If they continue to improve and the offense doesn't fall off much, we could end up with a top 5 scoring offense and defense along with arguably the best special teams. That's a complete team. But I don't want to get ahead of myself here. There's still a lot of football left to be played.
*better rest our starters in NYC ~jrry32

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely feel like we are a complete team. Our special teams is definitely the best from coverage unit to punter and kicker to returner. Tbh I wasn’t expecting this team to be this good so fast I thought we was a ya away but Goff has grown up more he has been competent to Good. He has more work to do so we don’t have a 2nd half slump but I’m confident in this team

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have things looking like we could in fact be one of the best and most well rounded teams in the NFC. The question is the same as it always has been and always will be. Can we sustain it and be consistent. Which ties in to the record prediction thread and many others we have questioning our team and matchups.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

maybe that should be in light blue???

I mean, if we jack the Cards...it seems our guys get stung in NY by the Gints.

I really feel like we have to keep the pedal to the metal because any let up will result in a ton of injuries.

I want our guys to play well and get out of NY without injury.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I will remain cautiously optimistic just as I was in the '99-2000 season. That approach worked well then and it can work well again now. We're not even half way through yet. Close, but not yet. I do know, however, what I want for Christmas! :santa:

...and I want to bash on New Year's Eve, after bashing the Whiners, like it's 1999!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It’s time to tap the brakes. We are playing well but talking about the NFC Championship game at this point is ridiculous. We have to focus on winning our division before we book our Super Bowl tickets. It’s very likely Seattle retakes the division lead with us on the bye since they lead us in head-to-head games.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I want a Lombardi for Xmas. I'll totally wait until February to get it...NOOO PROBLEM!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You don't have to. I'll do it for you.
Our defense is going to get tougher as they adapt to Wades new Defense. We saw the learning curve with Greg Williams D and now we're seeing the evolution in Wades defense. They have been very good since the 2nd half of the Dallas game and absolutely dominant against the Cards. The less our players think, the faster they will play. We saw a great example of that yesterday.
The same can be said for the offense. In Fact, it's an even tougher adjustment for a young QB, with his supporting cast also learning a new system. We are 5-2. All the while learning as they go. Goff is already showing that confident aura you want in your QB. I have a hard time believing we've seen all we're going to see from McVay's offense. As the season goes, so will a larger playbook. Eventually highlighting Watkins skill set as well. What this very young offense is doing at this point in it's young life, is actually pretty remarkable.
We are just scratching the surface of what this team is capable of.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want a Lombardi for Xmas. I'll totally wait until February to get it...NOOO PROBLEM!!!
Your patience is admirable....:rockon:

WvuIN02

Starter
Turn back the clock to last year and everyone was asking who was going to be the bust.... Goff or Wentz or both. Neither, and both are leading the most complete teams in the NFC this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just watched OverReac tion Monday, and Adam Schefter agreed that it WAS NOT an overreaction to say that the Rams are the most complete team in the NFC. AND...He said the Rams would play in the NFC Championship Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSW4WIEw--E

Xy3GTYZ.png

I want that hat. Epic.

Take away the Niners game and Washington and the defense is probably top five. So the improvement has been astounding already.

jap

Legend
I really, really want to see Sammy in full synchronization with the Man with the Golden Arm. Sammy is a competitor as is Jared, and you want to believe they want to fully establish that rapport to carry this offense over the top. The Gurley Man is rolling; Robert and Cooper Kupp are ballin'; our Battering Ram Ol is jelling; our SonOfBum D is mutating into a devastating unit right before our very eyes; our special teams are already the NFL's best and continues to improve under Bones---we just need to get our nominal #1 WR fully in gear.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is what we've all been saying for years. All we need is a smidgen of offense.... just a trickle of points... ANYTHING on offense and we'd be a playoff team. Give Snisher some credit that they can build a defense and special teams well. But Fisher's stubbornness on offense drove some of us mad. Just needed an itsy bitsy, little bit of offense.... enter McVay who suddenly gave us a LOT of offense and the team is suddenly the most complete in the NFL. Bout damn time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know about this^^! This could be a Trap-Game! And in case anyone hasn't paid attention, The Rams have Lost there last 7 straight games to the Giants, Eli has never lost to us! Granted the Giants suck this year, BUT .. I take nothing for granted in the NFL!!(y);)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about this^^! This could be a Trap-Game! And in case anyone hasn't paid attention, The Rams have Lost there last 7 straight games to the Giants, Eli has never lost to us! Granted the Giants suck this year, BUT .. I take nothing for granted in the NFL!!(y);)
Well Dave, that history is as relevant as the Cowboys history of beating the Rams in the playoffs in the 70's, about today's game.. Eli has never faced this team before, because it is radically different than last years team. Different coaches, different Oline performance, different schemes on both sides of the ball....Only thing that's mostly the same is our Special Teams, which is superior to the Giants anyway. The Rams need to prepare extensively for the Giants, and then execute the plan..which includes executing Eli...lol

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s time to tap the brakes. We are playing well but talking about the NFC Championship game at this point is ridiculous. We have to focus on winning our division before we book our Super Bowl tickets. It’s very likely Seattle retakes the division lead with us on the bye since they lead us in head-to-head games.
It's what the media does... they were more than happy to make horrible predictions for the Rams before the season started... without even waiting to see what impact all the changes would have.
Could have been "well, lots of changes, so let's see how they perform".
Nope, mostly doom and gloom... so shallow... figuring it will be the same under McVay as it was under Fisher... so shallow.

Now, they're tripping over themselves to get aboard the bandwagon.

Sorry, boys, bandwagon is reserved for those long suffering Rams fans... ya know, the ones who have ridden it since 2006 (at least).

I hope (and believe) the Rams staff and players will not get all caught up with the praise from the bandwagon media.

One game at a time...

Hell, a couple injuries could change everything... PHI lost Peters... DAL lost their punter!

One game at a time... period!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well Dave, that history is as relevant as the Cowboys history of beating the Rams in the playoffs in the 70's, about today's game.. Eli has never faced this team before, because it is radically different than last years team. Different coaches, different Oline performance, different schemes on both sides of the ball....Only thing that's mostly the same is our Special Teams, which is superior to the Giants anyway. The Rams need to prepare extensively for the Giants, and then execute the plan..which includes executing Eli...lol
I'm well aware that the Past record isn't relevant to this Team, But I just don't want us to fall into any Trap-Game!