Schefter: Bradford Starting Tonight Eliminates 3rd Rd. Pick to Eagles Possibility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Well, true, but he wanted payment in full that I think we can all agree he should have earned, more than to stay.
Can't fault him for not taking a pay cut. He didn't need to. If I were him I'm not giving away millions of dollars when the market says I don't have to.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
In a perfect world, sure.
But there's no way in Hades that team goes 1-15.
Plus, I'd like to see Bradford have some success. Even if it costs us a few slots in that round.
Ideally, I'd like to see him do great, and the defense let him down. Best of both worlds.
Also lets not pretend like we've been rock solid on our high picks anyways. A lower pick might actually be a blessing in disguise.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Pick shmick. We already got an extra 2nd. AND Foles.
The trade apparently worked out for both of us.
I am with you. After seeing foles yesterday, I hate to admit it being a Bradford mark. but I think Foles fits the blue collar style of our team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am with you. After seeing foles yesterday, I hate to admit it being a Bradford mark. but I think Foles fits the blue collar style of our team.
Totally agree. I did a podcast about that very thing earlier, but I haven't uploaded it yet.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Can't fault him for not taking a pay cut. He didn't need to. If I were him I'm not giving away millions of dollars when the market says I don't have to.

Nope, can't fault him, just saying, he wanted the money more, which I found a disappointment when we stuck with him.

FRO

Legend
Totally agree. I did a podcast about that very thing earlier, but I haven't uploaded it yet.
I think both QBs probably fit better in the other team's system, but in all fairness to Sam, Pettis was our best WR when he last played for us. So while I believe it to be true, who knows? Just really happy with Foles play.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I missed where he didn't want to be a Ram anymore.
He refused to sign a contract extension after the team stood by him and could if easily dropped him.The man made a boatload of money but couldn't extend or renegotiate his contract to give the team a little help.And before anyone says well they have to get what they can he got 80 million.If someone can't live right with that something is wrong with you it was plain GREED.

FRO

Legend
He refused to sign a contract extension after the team stood by him and could if easily dropped him.The man made a boatload of money but couldn't extend or renegotiate his contract to give the team a little help.And before anyone says well they have to get what they can he got 80 million.If someone can't live right with that something is wrong with you it was plain GREED.
I don't believe the Rams were offering an extension. I think it was just a pay cut. Could be wrong. No matter how much money I have made I won't give away money I don't have to. He didn't have to. I'm sure 90% of us on here wouldn't either.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I don't believe the Rams were offering an extension. I think it was just a pay cut. Could be wrong. No matter how much money I have made I won't give away money I don't have to. He didn't have to. I'm sure 90% of us on here wouldn't either.
Well I guess I'm in the 10% because after making 80 million I would take less if I wanted to win.He still would have made a lot of money he just wanted more so like I said before GREED.I laugh when I see players come out and say for the team were United and blah blah blah.But when it's time to take a little less to make the team better all of sudden it turns from we to me.

jap

Legend
Pick shmick. We already got an extra 2nd. AND Foles.
The trade apparently worked out for both of us.

Foles appears to have considerably better touch than Sam I Am. He just better prove he can find Tavon when he is doing one of those Warp Five go routes, dammit!!!

When Tavon came to the NFL, Little Richard tweeted him an NFL welcome. I want Tavon to race by Richie while snaring the rock on his way to pay dirt, all the while shouting at Sherman, "Welcome to my world, Sucker!!!!"

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well I guess I'm in the 10% because after making 80 million I would take less if I wanted to win.He still would have made a lot of money he just wanted more so like I said before GREED.I laugh when I see players come out and say for the team were United and blah blah blah.But when it's time to take a little less to make the team better all of sudden it turns from we to me.

This doesn't make sense. He should have taken a pay cut and resigned with a 6-10 team if he wanted to win? The fact is the Rams stayed with him because he was very talented and better than the draft picks or FA available. Not because they were loyal to the man himself. That's how every team is.

Besides, the Rams have nothing to say when talking about greed. Seeing as how they relocate every couple of decades.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

I think I'm also in that minority, once I'd earned enough money where by I no longer need to work another day for the rest of my life the importance of money would be greatly diminished compared to things like my happiness.

Alan

Legend
JUMAVA68 thinking the Shegals suck:
Well I guess I'm in the 10% because after making 80 million I would take less if I wanted to win.He still would have made a lot of money he just wanted more so like I said before GREED.
I don't see that at all. The Shegals have a good team and have looked more playoff ready than the Rams. He might easily have chosen the Shegals because he DOES want to win. Though I think he's wrong about that we'll see.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
This doesn't make sense. He should have taken a pay cut and resigned with a 6-10 team if he wanted to win? The fact is the Rams stayed with him because he was very talented and better than the draft picks or FA available. Not because they were loyal to the man himself. That's how every team is.

Besides, the Rams have nothing to say when talking about greed. Seeing as how they relocate every couple of decades.
So you don't think wanting a lot more money after just making almost 80 million isn't a little greedy? Yes they stayed by him because he's talented and because they had invested a small fortune in him already.But he could of stayed on a team on the rise and helped the team out a little.I'm not suggesting he take a ridiculous small amount just a little less to help out.And let's not get into the relocating because of greed because that has nothing to do with him not wanting to bend a little.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So you don't think wanting a lot more money after just making almost 80 million isn't a little greedy? Yes they stayed by him because he's talented and because they had invested a small fortune in him already.But he could of stayed on a team on the rise and helped the team out a little.I'm not suggesting he take a ridiculous small amount just a little less to help out.And let's not get into the relocating because of greed because that has nothing to do with him not wanting to bend a little.

But the amount that was reported was supposed to be a substantial amount. So I don't think it was a little bit to help out. I think it was take half of your contract or GTFO.

As far as relocation, yeah you can't expect a player to sacrifice for the team when the team makes no sacrifice for anyone. The Rams are proving it's a greedy game, not meant for good intentions. So it's totally applicable when you consider the atmosphere. Perhaps Sam considered the state of the OL during his tenure as a sign the Rams weren't serious who knows. I can't make a statement about somebody else's situation. I know I do pretty well, but I'm not willing to take a pay cut so that another employee can be hired.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
But the amount that was reported was supposed to be a substantial amount. So I don't think it was a little bit to help out. I think it was take half of your contract or GTFO.

As far as relocation, yeah you can't expect a player to sacrifice for the team when the team makes no sacrifice for anyone. The Rams are proving it's a greedy game, not meant for good intentions. So it's totally applicable when you consider the atmosphere. Perhaps Sam considered the state of the OL during his tenure as a sign the Rams weren't serious who knows. I can't make a statement about somebody else's situation. I know I do pretty well, but I'm not willing to take a pay cut so that another employee can be hired.
Ok even if it was a substantial amount he could of done it knowing he's more than likely going to make another 60-80 million.And that's being conservative before he retires bringing his career total to well over 150 mil.So while you are not willing to take a pay cut I don't blame you because I don't know your finances and certainly none of my business.I doubt were talking about the same kind of money as a whole losing a few million when you will make over 150 mil is or should be manageable.As far the Rams organization being greedy we'll isn't that how they got to Stl in the 1st place.But like I said before that shouldn't have anything to do with it if anything he should feel lucky and proud to be on a team with a great fan base in Stl and beyond.But I get what you're saying and respect your opinion I just don't agree with it.

MrMotes

Starter
Only one game in the books but, after one:

Nick Foles passer rating: 115.8
Sam Bradford: 77.1

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both Bradford and the Rams did what they felt was best for them. Bradford didn't give back money after being injured playing for the team and going through a painful rehab two years in a row, and knowing that he could find a team to pay him the full amount if he were waived. The Rams otoh traded him when they felt it was in their interest, getting back a QB they liked, picking up draft picks and saving millions in cap space. Neither side was wrong to behave in such a way. Teams need to win, and players' careers are short and painful, and can leave them crippled. I'm glad that another team wanted SB enough to give the Rams what they needed - a gutsy starting QB, some cap room, and a draft pick next year.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Screw Bradford! I've happily moved on from that annual heart break. I'm so glad we have Foles.

I hope he stays upright for 8 games (after that I couldn't care less) and that the Iggles finish last.