Schefter: Bradford Starting Tonight Eliminates 3rd Rd. Pick to Eagles Possibility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Adam Schefter

With Sam Bradford starting tonight, the possibility of the Eagles getting the Rams 2016 third-round pick will be eliminated. Now the only question remains is whether the Eagles will get the Rams 2016 fourth-round pick as part of the trade that involved Bradford and Nick Foles. If Bradford plays at least 50 percent of the Eagles plays this season, Philadelphia will not get the Rams’ 2016 fourth; if Bradford does not in 50 percent of the Eagles plays this season, then Philadelphia will get the Rams’ fourth. St. Louis owns the Eagles 2016 second-round pick no matter what. But after tonight, Philadelphia no longer can get the Rams 2016 third-round pick.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1022546031131371

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pick shmick. We already got an extra 2nd. AND Foles.
The trade apparently worked out for both of us.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pick shmick. We already got an extra 2nd. AND Foles.
The trade apparently worked out for both of us.

Unless Bradford decides to test his luck in free agency next year. We still have Foles, Donnal, and the second round pick. The Eagles will have nothing. I hope he plays 50% of the snaps, and the Eagles go 1-15.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Unless Bradford decides to test his luck in free agency next year. We still have Foles, Donnal, and the second round pick. The Eagles will have nothing. I hope he plays 50% of the snaps, and the Eagles go 1-15.
Wouldn't that be icing on the cake if they did and we got the 1st pick of the 2nd rd.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In a perfect world, sure.
But there's no way in Hades that team goes 1-15.
Plus, I'd like to see Bradford have some success. Even if it costs us a few slots in that round.
Ideally, I'd like to see him do great, and the defense let him down. Best of both worlds.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Plus, I'd like to see Bradford have some success. Even if it costs us a few slots in that round.
Ideally, I'd like to see him do great, and the defense let him down. Best of both worlds.

Agreed. I just want what would amount to another first round pick.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest thing is that he takes at least one snap. The value on NFL draft trade charts of a third is about 2.5 times more than the corresponding fourth. While I'd rather the Rams kept the fourth too, it's a lot bigger win for the Rams if the third is protected at least.

And yes, I'd like the Eagles to go 1-15, but at least I want them to miss the playoffs, preferably handily. I like Sam, but not as much as I'd like the 2nd to be as high as possible.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I'm not wishing any kind of injury on the man but I won't wish him success either.He didn't want to be a Ram anymore so he can kick rocks and fail miserably.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is going to be the most bittersweet game I think I've ever watched. I want the pick for my team but I'll never wish ill on Sam. And if things go like I think they might, he is going to light it up in that offense.

FRO

Legend
I'm in the same boat. With what the guy has gone through and how he has conducted himself through it all, I want to see him succeed. He is in a system that plays to his strengths and Foles may be in a better system for himself too. Foles was great yesterday and had a very good preseason for us. We got what we wanted out of the trade.

FRO

Legend
I'm not wishing any kind of injury on the man but I won't wish him success either.He didn't want to be a Ram anymore so he can kick rocks and fail miserably.
I missed where he didn't want to be a Ram anymore.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So now the Eagles can still get the 4th but if he doesn't play half the plays they get the 5th? Or nothing? Because we used our 5th on Battle.

Memento

Name
Jemma
So now the Eagles can still get the 4th but if he doesn't play half the plays they get the 5th? Or nothing? Because we used our 5th on Battle.

They can only get the fourth if he doesn't play half of the snaps. Otherwise, they get nothing.

FRO

Legend
Do they put Sanchez in for the first play so Bradford wouldn't be considered the "starter"?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do they put Sanchez in for the first play so Bradford wouldn't be considered the "starter"?

Wouldn't matter. So long as he's in for one snap this season, they don't get the third. If he's in for over half of the snaps, they don't get the fourth either. No point in playing games with it - they want Bradford to get as many snaps as possible.

FRO

Legend
Wouldn't matter. So long as he's in for one snap this season, they don't get the third. If he's in for over half of the snaps, they don't get the fourth either. No point in playing games with it - they want Bradford to get as many snaps as possible.
Gotcha

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I only know one coach in the league that would do that, but he'd never admit to it.

tonyl711

Starter
we got Foles and a second round pick, they got Sam and a possible fourth round pick. i think both teams won on this one, as was said earlier, i think Sam fits into their system better than he did ours, and i think Nick fits better in our system than he did in theirs.