Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At this point, I'd pass on drafting a WR. I'd grab a HB to pair with Stacy, rebuild the OL, and plug a couple holes/increase the depth on defense. I'd also grab a developmental QB.

^ This.

I'm happy with our WR corp. It is a growing unit and will continue to get better.

The oline needs some help; priority 1. I wouldn't be surprised if we add 2+ Olinemen in the draft.

Defensive secondary; priority 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
^ This.

I'm happy with our WR corp. It is a growing unit and will continue to get better.

The oline needs some help; priority 1. I wouldn't be surprised if we add 2+ Olinemen in the draft.

Yeah CG that's exactly what I'd like to see, improve the o line and continue to create an elite defense.

However ,I would say,don't reach and if they aren't high enough on your board to warrant the pick trade down and pick em later.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I would consider a new WR Coach Ray Sherman has a history of not being a teacher, but more of a friend as an assistant coach. Now Sherman has had success with the likes of the Vikings, Steelers & Cowboys, but his groups were not the most disciplined and that is the main reason he was let go in Dallas.

I concur that the Rams will add two OL's in the draft RT & LG and they might release Dahl and sign a RG in free agency and maybe release Wells too and go with Jones at Center. Rams could have four new starters on the OL in 2014 although I think they'll keep Wells for one more year. However, if you have a chance to draft a Sammy Watkins you take him, he's that good!

iced

It is broke, that's why we're fixing it. :wink:

The interior is the biggest need but you still take the best talent and that's Matthews. Barksdale is perfect as a swing tackle. Hell, he might even be capable of playing OG.

You take Matthews and you address one or both guard spots(preferably both). I still think Barrett Jones can be the Center of the future.

what exactly are we fixing?

Long is by far the best player on the o-line and barksdale is more than capable of starting.

And it's not the best talent - Matthews will not be there when we pick. This is like arguing we should take clowney -

i'd put money down that matthews, clowney, and bridgewater are gone in the first 5,if not first 3 back to back

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Long is by far the best player on the o-line and barksdale is more than capable of starting.

And it's not the best talent - Matthews will not be there when we pick. This is like arguing we should take clowney -

i'd put money down that matthews, clowney, and bridgewater are gone in the first 5,if not first 3 back to back
maybe we should just lose-out the rest of the season?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I concur that the Rams will add two OL's in the draft RT & LG and they might release Dahl and sign a RG in free agency and maybe release Wells too and go with Jones at Center. Rams could have four new starters on the OL in 2014 although I think they'll keep Wells for one more year.

Rams would appear to be in outstanding shape @ Center in 2014 with three centers with talent. The 6.5 cap hit by Wells is hefty enough to cause some pondering especially when you have two younger larger bigger low cost centers ready to step up. If you release Wells you have a cap savings of 4.5 million. Tim Barnes & Barrett will only cost a little under 1 million. If the Org. decides to keep Wells ( what I think they will do) that would shift the pondering of one of those two back up centers competing for the open OG post. Odds would move to a higher probability of the release of 33 yr old Harvey Dahl (What I think they will do) instead thus saving a clear 4 million. The youthful Shelley Smith who will replace Dahl over the next 2 to 3 weeks @ ORG could be retained @ a much lower cap cost $$.

Replacing Saffold, Williams & Dahl could be rough but improving this OL will have to be the #1 priority in the off season. Getting the pass catchers to hold on the ball & work to get separation is right there @ number 2. The receivers as an overall grade would be a poor overall rating ...way too low for the talent allegedly purchase & drafted the last several years. Maybe that assessment was way too high???

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Matthews is going in the top 4 or 5. He's the best OT in the draft and they always go very high. Bridgewater and Mariota probably go 1 2, either way. Clowney is top 3. Then there is Barr who is up there too.

Rams will have to be top 5 to have a good shot at those guys.

Watkins should be there for them if they are close to the top 5.

My view is that if Watkins is an impact WR1, then you take him if you have the chance. There is no way that adding a great WR1 when you don't have one is a wrong move.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All this is relevant because it shows we don't need another QB if Sam can prove to stay on the field. But in terms of this season, it just doesn't mean much. This season is over for us. I don't like the "what if" scenarios. It doesn't matter.

What kills me is I thought it would take half the year to really see progress after I saw the defeat to ATL. Now that we're here at mid-
season, we don't have our QB...

Just how bad was that CAR game? Dang...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All this is relevant because it shows we don't need another QB if Sam can prove to stay on the field. But in terms of this season, it just doesn't mean much. This season is over for us. I don't like the "what if" scenarios. It doesn't matter.

What kills me is I thought it would take half the year to really see progress after I saw the defeat to ATL. Now that we're here at mid-
season, we don't have our QB...

Just how bad was that CAR game? Dang...

Yeah... It does feel like a lost season to me as well.

I'm not hating on Clemens, but I'm not inspired by his play or potential. That doesn't mean, however, we cannot still have some fun this season. Some exciting wins, etc. But a playoff push is pretty much out of the question. I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

At the end of the day; the Rams need to find a legit #2 this offseason. Preferably a developmental guy in the draft.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My premise of my post is that Bradford is doing well. The WRs are still young. You just can't keep drafting WRs year after year. You gotta give them a chance. Unless you're advocating we bring in a top notch vet WR, I just don't see the value in drafting another WR highly when we don't yet know what we have with our current ones(unless one really drops into our laps).

Get the OL straight, give the WRs another year to develop and show what they have and we'll see where to go from there. It's not like Bradford can't succeed with these guys.(and that's part of my point)

Jrry I think it's a good idea to draft one every year. Even if it's the third or fourth round. I say that because if you are keeping 5 of them on the roster, and in today's game maybe 6 or stashing one on the practice squad, it's a good idea to dump the worst guy every year and pick up someone else. It will improve the unit.

A lot of teams do this with great success and aren't trying to find a true number one, they are adding different skill sets to the pool to use in situations. The Rams need to do this IMO for Bradford to really be productive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We should take Clowney or Matthews if they fall to us.

If Matthews isn't there, Lewan or Kouandijo likely will be. If not, the issue will be evaluated at that point.

If there's a better prospect than an OT, the issue will be evaluated. I believe in taking value, not need.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
lose out the rest of the season to draft an ot? lol

i'd rather trade down with a qb needy team
how is win even relevant in the long term picture, other than it worsens our draft position?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
how is win even relevant in the long term picture, other than it worsens our draft position?
We're 3 and 5. Is it already time to start tanking for an unproven rookie or two?

Not in the slightest.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
We're 3 and 5. Is it already time to start tanking for an unproven rookie or two?

Not in the slightest.
I'll leave it at this.... it won't bother me in the slightest if we lose out, as I am now focused on next season and beyond.

iced

We should take Clowney or Matthews if they fall to us.

If Matthews isn't there, Lewan or Kouandijo likely will be. If not, the issue will be evaluated at that point.

If there's a better prospect than an OT, the issue will be evaluated. I believe in taking value, not need.

No, what you're suggesting falls under what your idea is a 'need'. Which is why you're listing tackles - clearly you feel Jake Long is doing an inadequate job and cannot be relied upon for the future, which I think is crap.

If you want to talk about value - start talking about ALL the players that we might be reasonably picking in the spot...Like Clinton Dix - Safety is a giant glaring hole, Tackle is not in the slightest

iced

no offense but..seriously? is this a real question?

How about Confidence for the SECOND YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, what you're suggesting falls under what your idea is a 'need'. Which is why you're listing tackles - clearly you feel Jake Long is doing an inadequate job and cannot be relied upon for the future, which I think is crap.

If you want to talk about value - start talking about ALL the players that we might be reasonably picking in the spot...Like Clinton Dix - Safety is a giant glaring hole, Tackle is not in the slightest

No, I named 3 Tackles that have been discussed as top 10 prospects in this draft.

And maybe you missed the second to last sentence so I'll toss it out there again:
If there's a better prospect than an OT, the issue will be evaluated.

There's no reason to speculate about what I "feel" when the words are on the page. So I'd appreciate it if you take what I said at face value and don't try to create implications that I never said.

I am content with the job Long is doing. He's a very good run blocker and a solid pass protector. But I question how long he'll last here. And RT is not set.

iced

No, I named 3 Tackles that have been discussed as top 10 prospects in this draft.

And maybe you missed the second to last sentence so I'll toss it out there again:

There's no reason to speculate about what I "feel" when the words are on the page. So I'd appreciate it if you take what I said at face value and don't try to create implications that I never said.

I am content with the job Long is doing. He's a very good run blocker and a solid pass protector. But I question how long he'll last here. And RT is not set.

oh well then please enlighten me by what you meant when I said "It aint' broke, don't fix it" when referring to the tackle posiition, if i'm speculating so much

It is broke, that's why we're fixing it. :wink:.

especially when you said "long term", after I had said: