Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just thought I'd post this, when you add in the two big drops by Givens and Quick as well as Tavon's TD being overturned on a bleh call...here's what Bradford's numbers would have looked like over the 3 game stretch before his injury:
55/81
67.9% Comp%
761 yards
9.4 YPA
10 TDs
12.3% TD%
1 Int
1.2% Int%
132.3 QB Rating

His season numbers would have been:
162/263
61.6% comp%
1854 yards
7.05 YPA
17 TDs
6.5% TD%
4 Ints
1.5% Int%
98.0 QB Rating

At this point, I'd pass on drafting a WR. I'd grab a HB to pair with Stacy, rebuild the OL, and plug a couple holes/increase the depth on defense. I'd also grab a developmental QB.

I think Bradford is our guy. If we can give him a running game and decent blocking/WR play, the guy can do some big time things for us. He was playing amazing football before the injury.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you sure you have his projected season numbers right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you sure you have his projected season numbers right?

Not projected. Season numbers for the 7 games if those plays would have been made/stood.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Projected 16 game stats based on the Original Post:
4238 yards
39 TDs
9 Ints

(Actual Projections were in the 3900 yard 32 TD 9 Int area)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Projected 16 game stats based on the Original Post:
4238 yards
39 TDs
9 Ints

(Actual Projections were in the 3900 yard 32 TD 9 Int area)
That's ridonculous.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few other things too, according to PFF, Sam Bradford ranked in the NFL:
#10 in Accuracy%(completion% of targeted passes when removing drops)
#8 in Play-action QB Rating
#2 in quickest Time to Sack
#12 in quickest Time to Attempt
#12 in deep ball Accuracy%

Bradford also had a 105.9 QB Rating against the blitz and only 1 out of 15 sacks came while blitzed.

However, he struggled mightily throwing under pressure with a 58.0 QB Rating while under pressure. That all said, he had a 106.8 QB Rating when not pressured.

Which is why building up the OL is so important.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah but Cosell said Bradford is not very good, doesn't think he will ever be a top level QB. He said it's will be a tough decision for the Rams whether to stick with him or not. He made it sound like they may stick with him because they may not be able to get anyone better in the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah but Cosell said Bradford is not very good, doesn't think he will ever be a top level QB. He said it's will be a tough decision for the Rams whether to stick with him or not. He made it sound like they may stick with him because they may not be able to get anyone better in the draft.
He didn't say he's not very good. He said he won't be one of the great ones.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Bradford also had a 105.9 QB Rating against the blitz and only 1 out of 15 sacks came while blitzed.

However, he struggled mightily throwing under pressure with a 58.0 QB Rating while under pressure. That all said, he had a 106.8 QB Rating when not pressured.

Which is odd because last year he was pretty good under pressure. Really good numbers from what I remember.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah but Cosell said Bradford is not very good, doesn't think he will ever be a top level QB. He said it's will be a tough decision for the Rams whether to stick with him or not. He made it sound like they may stick with him because they may not be able to get
anyone better in the draft.

That's not exactly what I heard.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Just thought I'd post this, when you add in the two big drops by Givens and Quick as well as Tavon's TD being overturned on a bleh call...here's what Bradford's numbers would have looked like over the 3 game stretch before his injury:
55/81
67.9% Comp%
761 yards
9.4 YPA
10 TDs
12.3% TD%
1 Int
1.2% Int%
132.3 QB Rating

His season numbers would have been:
162/263
61.6% comp%
1854 yards
7.05 YPA
17 TDs
6.5% TD%
4 Ints
1.5% Int%
98.0 QB Rating

At this point, I'd pass on drafting a WR. I'd grab a HB to pair with Stacy, rebuild the OL, and plug a couple holes/increase the depth on defense. I'd also grab a developmental QB.

I think Bradford is our guy. If we can give him a running game and decent blocking/WR play, the guy can do some big time things for us. He was playing amazing football before the injury.

Add the cook fumble from week one to that from that. The bomb he fumbled for no good reason on his way into the endzone. Not being critical, just sayin'

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Cosell is entitled to his opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Add the cook fumble from week one to that from that. The bomb he fumbled for no good reason on his way into the endzone. Not being critical, just sayin'

Good point. I was only focusing on those three plays. If you added that in, that would be 18 TDs. Even more impressive.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He didn't say he's not very good. He said he won't be one of the great ones.

I've heard him say Bradford is not very good in his podcasts this year, and he said in the most recent one that he hasn't changed his opinion of Sam now. He has said Bradford is not good in a muddy pocket and you need to be able to do that to be a very good QB.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

These are fascinating numbers.

First, I wonder what he deep ball accuracy % would have been withOUT the drops?

Second, the quickest time to sack and quickest time to attempt are surprising. If I'm understanding this correctly, it seems his quickest time to sack would have been even better if the receiver's could have gotten separation and helped prevent a sack. Further, I would also think that quickest time to attempt would have been better had receivers gotten open earlier. Hence, Sam is doing this without best receiving corp in football - to that end, it would be interesting to look at the receiving groups for QB's who are more highly rated in these categories.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Cosell is entitled to his opinion.

True. I don't agree with him on everything. I think Bradford has clearly shown enough to stick with him. And guys like Daniel Jerahmiah and Shawn King said Bradford is the guy going forward also.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are fascinating numbers.

First, I wonder what he deep ball accuracy % would have been withOUT the drops?

Second, the quickest time to sack and quickest time to attempt are surprising. If I'm understanding this correctly, it seems his quickest time to sack would have been even better if the receiver's could have gotten separation and helped prevent a sack. Further, I would also think that quickest time to attempt would have been better had receivers gotten open earlier. Hence, Sam is doing this without best receiving corp in football - to that end, it would be interesting to look at the receiving groups for QB's who are more highly rated in these categories.

Accuracy% is without the drops.

Quickest time to sack means that on the plays that Bradford was sacked, only one other QB was sacked quicker. Basically...he's not taking coverage sacks.

Quickest to attempt measures how quickly the QB gets the ball out. It doesn't really correlate much to anything.