Sam Bradford discussion on 'The Drive Home' (audio)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DriveHome_GFI.jpg

[av]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/Drivehome/122713-3DH.mp3[/av]

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ew/articleId/11931/The-Drive-Home-122713.aspx

Name
Jim
Don't know, just not that impressed with Bradford from what I saw before he was hurt...Seemed he had a select few he was throwing the ball to. Maybe I'm wrong, if I am, I apologize, but he didn't really show me much as far a quarterbacking skills go....then again, could have been the OL?

PhxRam

Don't know, just not that impressed with Bradford from what I saw before he was hurt...Seemed he had a select few he was throwing the ball to. Maybe I'm wrong, if I am, I apologize, but he didn't really show me much as far a quarterbacking skills go....then again, could have been the OL?

Ol, Rookies, Playcalling.. Who knows.

What I do know is that Bradford was a career year prior to injury.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Statistically he was having a top 10 season.

I think, as far as the St. Louis fan base is concerned, this audio piece makes a good point; some fans associate good QB play as what they witnessed during the GSOT era.

To the casual fan, that's an understandable trap. But is it realistic?

In the last 15 years we have; Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers... Not easy to find that level of QB play.

Hard to disagree with the insufficient evidence argument. His last 10 games he was close to top 10 (was dead on if you give him a TD for Cook's fumble at the 1). His three games with Stacy were brilliant, and would have been better without dropped passes.

But how is he going to play for a full season? We'll see, but he's our starting QB next season regardless.

RFIP

14/4 on a team WITHOUT a rush TD the entire 7 games he played?

MORE td's than Matt Stafford (and other top QB's) over each of their last 16 games. How is THAT even possible?

Too many people equate W's and L's to only the QB's play. Sam is a better QB than a lot who will be in this years playoffs and most who won't.

He was top 10 (9 as I recall) when injured and remember the Cook screwed up TD in the opener, the Tavon called back td (Panthers) and the Quick dropped td (Panthers). Also, the guy has the worst luck in that all four of his ints where on either balls that where tipped (3) or when his arm was hit (1) and THREE of them where returned for td's.

The right QB IS in place. As the pieces continue to improve he will be a perennial 30+/10 or less, td/int ratio for the next 10-12 years with a consistent 90-100-110+ QB rating throughout those years.

Minus the bad luck, the guy just does not make the game altering mistakes that kill teams (Lions, Texans, Bengals, etc) year in and year out.

He is smart, hard working, has a canon and is very accurate. He's the entire package MINUS the "look at me" style of many of the johnny-come-lately's like Scam, bob cubed and Krapernick among others.

RFIP

LOL, just listening now...who is the goof who said Sam played with loaded teams at OU? Wish I could call in and ask just WHO these talented receivers where Sam played with? And more importantly, WHY did NONE of them make it to the NFL, let alone their BACK UPS?

The TE Gresham was his best receiver and he has disappointed me in Cincy. Where is Iglesias? Kelly? Johnson?

Oh you don't know these guys? Don't sweat it, NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE!

Shit like this drives me nuts....just call a talk show with your head up your azz and spew garbage.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
LOL, just listening now...who is the goof who said Sam played with loaded teams at OU? Wish I could call in and ask just WHO these talented receivers where Sam played with? And more importantly, WHY did NONE of them make it to the NFL, let alone their BACK UPS?

The TE Gresham was his best receiver and he has disappointed me in Cincy. Where is Iglesias? Kelly? Johnson?

shyte like this drives me nuts....just call a talk show with your head up your azz and spew garbage.

Yeah but college is different. Those guys were studs @ OU, plus Sam played behind probably the best OL in OU history. He does need help, but yeah he's not a problem.

RFIP

Yeah but college is different. Those guys were studs @ OU, plus Sam played behind probably the best OL in OU history. He does need help, but yeah he's not a problem.

IF he had the weapons and OL you mentioned, those guys would ALL be playing on Sunday's, almost none are, except him.

I'm a HUGE OU fan my friend, have been all my life and I've seen bums like Landry Jones and Jason white so no, I'm not Sooner-blind.

GREAT college receivers make their mark in the pro's and certainly GREAT OL man do too. Neither were the case during Sam's time there. I could post his college video if you'd like? Then you tell me where all these great players are?

Not picking on you my friend, just stating facts. I've seen every ball this guy has thrown and saw who they were thrown to as well....and it isn't as portrayed by the lazy reporting public, that much is for sure....which is why they were beat by Flroida and killed by SC, because those teams actually DID have Sunday talent.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IF he had the weapons and OL you mentioned, those guys would ALL be playing on Sunday's, almost none are, except him.

I'm a HUGE OU fan my friend, have been all my life and I've seen bums like Landry Jones and Jason white so no, I'm not Sooner-blind.

GREAT college receivers make their mark in the pro's and certainly GREAT OL man do too. Neither were the case during Sam's time there. I could post his college video if you'd like? Then you tell me where all these great players are?

Not picking on you my friend, just stating facts. I've seen every ball this guy has thrown and saw who they were thrown to as well....and it isn't as portrayed by the lazy reporting public, that much is for sure....which is why they were beat by Flroida and killed by SC, because those teams actually DID have Sunday talent.

I watch many OU games too. There are a ton of WRs that were superstars in college but nobodies in the pros, but that's not the point.

The point is Sam did play on a very talented team in college, both offensively and defensively. You got Trent Williams, Phil Loadholt, Jermaine Gresham, Gerald McCoy, Austin English, etc. But the thing is...Sam took advantage of that. It could very well end up like Kyle Boller.

And I've just been listening to that...it was a JAC (just another caller) that made the statement of the loaded team. Whatever. He isn't a problem.

PhxRam

your azz and spew garbage.

Since you are new here you are most likely not aware.. There is no need to circumvent the profanity filter (not saying that you were). Profanity is automatically converted. By default the profanity filter is enabled, so if you would like to see unfiltered posts, simply turn off the filter in your profile.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
wow just read this thread backwards ,kinda cool ,

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

shyte like this drives me nuts....just call a talk show with your head up your azz and spew garbage.

Well, you just brought up an interesting point. What did Sam have at OU? He had a great OL the year he threw 50 TDs. Also there was McCoy on Defense.

So, why not give him a great OL, a strong running game, and an imposing attacking D? Give him that, and let him bring out the best in the WRs they have.

That why I'm leaning toward drafting defense and OL in the first round.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Since you are new here you are most likely not aware.. There is no need to circumvent the profanity filter (not saying that you were). Profanity is automatically converted. By default the profanity filter is enabled, so if you would like to see unfiltered posts, simply turn off the filter in your profile.
Phuck ewe. ;)

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, you just brought up an interesting point. What did Sam have at OU? He had a great OL the year he threw 50 TDs. Also there was McCoy on Defense.

So, why not give him a great OL, a strong running game, and an imposing attacking D? Give him that, and let him bring out the best in the WRs they have.

That why I'm leaning toward drafting defense and OL in the first round.
Isn't the personnel starting to resemble what OU had? I could see Austin as Iglesius, Cook as Gresham, Stacy as Murray(actually, size-wise he more resembles Chris Brown but that guy didn't even get drafted!)...The Rams are putting together a great college offense!

Just kidding of course, I like what they're doing and see great things for Bradford if he could just stay healthy.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Isn't the personnel starting to resemble what OU had? I could see Austin as Iglesius, Cook as Gresham, Stacy as Murray(actually, size-wise he more resembles Chris Brown but that guy didn't even get drafted!)...The Rams are putting together a great college offense!

Just kidding of course, I like what they're doing and see great things for Bradford if he could just stay healthy.

Yup. That's it for me too with Bradford. He has got to stay healthy. And I'm not sure he can. He hasn't been able to play 2 full seasons in a row since 2008.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam with startling game breaking news:
By default the profanity filter is enabled, so if you would like to see unfiltered posts, simply turn off the filter in your profile.
How do you do that?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The point is Sam did play on a very talented team in college, both offensively and defensively. You got Trent Williams, Phil Loadholt, Jermaine Gresham, Gerald McCoy, Austin English, etc. But the thing is...Sam took advantage of that. It could very well end up like Kyle Boller.

Here some other current NFL players that Sam did play with in Oklahoma ....Demarco Murray RB Dallas, Quinton Carter S Denver, D Stephenson OLT KC, Ryan Broyles WR, Travis Lewis LB & Dominique Franks DB

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yup. That's it for me too with Bradford. He has got to stay healthy. And I'm not sure he can. He hasn't been able to play 2 full seasons in a row since 2008.
I'm not really sure what to think. I mean, it isn't like he keeps blowing his shoulder out(Leinart) or his knees or has some chronic problem and it also isn't like he hasn't played any long stretches without incident either. The guy's taken a ton of snaps and thrown the ball a lot and taken a ton of hits. Hopefully we see a Stafford-like righting of the ship next year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How do you do that?

Click on your fucking user name. Select preferences. Check the profanity box.

If that's not enough instruction for you; you can kiss my god damn ass. :cool: