Sam Bradford discussion on 'The Drive Home' (audio)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree Watkins is the best pick we could make. I was a Hopkins guy, Watkins is a better version of Hopkins.

PhxRam

How do you do that?

screenshot_178.png

Go to preferences then at the bottom you will see it

screenshot_179.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Here some other current NFL players that Sam did play with in Oklahoma ....Demarco Murray RB Dallas, Quinton Carter S Denver, D Stephenson OLT KC, Ryan Broyles WR, Travis Lewis LB & Dominique Franks DB

True those guys were on the roster, but Travis Lewis, Ryan Broyles and Donald Stephenson were sophomores and behind the depth chart, DeMarco Murray shared time w/ Chris Brown. Quinton Carter is a good safety but he is hurt and has off field issues, and Dom Franks is just a depth guy in Atlanta.

Alan

Legend
I click on my name and it comes up with a profile page. I click on the profile page and it comes up with another page that doesn't look like your example. Although I found out I have a follower (whatever that is :lol:).

If I click on my other name (albefree69) in the members area it still doesn't come up with your example.

Don't worry about it because I only wanted to make sure I was getting the unfiltered version of everyone's posts and judging by your post I am.:heh:

EDIT:
LOL! Never mind, I just discovered that you have to click on the "right" Alan.

Thanks for your help.:D

While I've got your ear, are we ever going to get our old smileys back? :disappoint:

Last edited by a moderator:

RFIP

Here some other current NFL players that Sam did play with in Oklahoma ....Demarco Murray RB Dallas, Quinton Carter S Denver, D Stephenson OLT KC, Ryan Broyles WR, Travis Lewis LB & Dominique Franks DB

Correct.

And how many of them are receivers? Zero.

RFIP

Since you are new here you are most likely not aware.. There is no need to circumvent the profanity filter (not saying that you were). Profanity is automatically converted. By default the profanity filter is enabled, so if you would like to see unfiltered posts, simply turn off the filter in your profile.

Yep, not used to that feature yet LOL. Probably another 10 profane posts before it sinks in! Sorry.

PhxRam

I click on my name and it comes up with a profile page. I click on the profile page and it comes up with another page that doesn't look like your example. Although I found out I have a follower (whatever that is :lol:).

If I click on my other name (albefree69) in the members area it still doesn't come up with your example.

Don't worry about it because I only wanted to make sure I was getting the unfiltered version of everyone's posts and judging by your post I am.:heh:

EDIT:

While I've got your ear, are we ever going to get our old smileys bacl? :disappoint:

what ones do you want? I will get them up for you.

PhxRam

Yep, not used to that feature yet LOL. Probably another 10 profane posts before it sinks in! Sorry.

No need to apologize bro.. we all have our profanity laced tirades. This just enables the best of both worlds. The posters who dont want to see it, dont have to, and the posters who do, can.

PhxRam

EDIT:

While I've got your ear, are we ever going to get our old smileys bacl? :disappoint:

If you hover your mouse over your name (the one to the left of the inbox link) you will get a drop down menu.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sam was just starting to come on as a great QB. He was really hitting his stride in this offense. Considering the other options, I have no problem staying with Sam.

My only concern is with the injury. Not just how will he recover physically, but mentally as well. Lets hope it doesn't hinder his confidence.

All that said, I have no problem with drafting and developing a QB outside of the first round. Not to "light a fire" under Sam, because I think that's a broken mentality. Sam doesn't need any extra motivation. He's not someone who is just content with picking up a paycheck, or in need of motivation. He wants to win more than anyone on the team. I just think there's a good track record for QBs that can sit a couple years, learn, then join an already established team.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam with an offer of help:
what ones do you want? I will get them up for you.

Thanks Bob but as long as my experience is unfiltered I'm good to go. :woot:

Don't want to miss anything good.

A55VA6

Legend
Sam was just starting to come on as a great QB. He was really hitting his stride in this offense. Considering the other options, I have no problem staying with Sam.

My only concern is with the injury. Not just how will he recover physically, but mentally as well. Lets hope it doesn't hinder his confidence.

All that said, I have no problem with drafting and developing a QB outside of the first round. Not to "light a fire" under Sam, because I think that's a broken mentality. Sam doesn't need any extra motivation. He's not someone who is just content with picking up a paycheck, or in need of motivation. He wants to win more than anyone on the team. I just think there's a good track record for QBs that can sit a couple years, learn, then join an already established team.
I agree with this. And with Sam, I think he has a lot of confidence in himself and his ability to heal and get back to normal or even better. I'm a Sam Bradford fan and I think he can be a great QB for us for a long time. He's still young.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree with this. And with Sam, I think he has a lot of confidence in himself and his ability to heal and get back to normal or even better. I'm a Sam Bradford fan and I think he can be a great QB for us for a long time. He's still young.

Co-sign.

RFIP

Your points on drafting a young QB are outstanding and dead on. Sam is a self motivator and a guy who is harder on his own game than the outside world is. He doesn't read or react to outside pressure and that is a very good thing. If people just stopped and looked at what this guy has been through in 4 years they'd see if he did listen to the "outside know it all's" he'd be a mental mess a la Gabbert.

To me Sam has the perfect mental make up to go along with his physical skill set to be both a great leader and great player.

This will piss off many Blues fans I'm sure but I am also a HUGE Blackhawk fan and as such, I see so many similarities between Sam Bradford and Jonathan Toews as far as that quite locker room leadership mentality. Both are men of few words but both have the admiration of all inside their locker rooms.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
While I agree with guys like Daniel Jeremiah who said Bradford has shown enough to stick with him, I didn't see Bradford on his way to being a great QB. I saw a special arm talent who had shortcomings moving in the pocket.

I think Cosell is overly harsh on Bradford. It seems to me that Cosell doesn't project what a player can be until the player had already done it. He gets a lot of guys wrong in terms of player evaluation. He loved Cook, thought McDonald was a wasted pick, and he thought Justin Hunter was the best WR in the draft. Cosell is fun to listen to after a player has done well, but he's run of the mill on predicting how well a player will do.

Thing is, most media guys are no better than Cosell in that regard. They are all front runners. The exceptions are Jeremiah, Tyoka Jackson, Fran Tarkenton, and Boylhart. And they all say Bradford can be very good if he can stay healthy. And I'm in that camp.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
While I agree with guys like Daniel Jeremiah who said Bradford has shown enough to stick with him, I didn't see Bradford on his way to being a great QB. I saw a special arm talent who had shortcomings moving in the pocket.

I think Cosell is overly harsh on Bradford. It seems to me that Cosell doesn't project what a player can be until the player had already done it. He gets a lot of guys wrong in terms of player evaluation. He loved Cook, thought McDonald was a wasted pick, and he thought Justin Hunter was the best WR in the draft. Cosell is fun to listen to after a player has done well, but he's run of the mill on predicting how well a player will do.

Thing is, most media guys are no better than Cosell in that regard. They are all front runners. The exceptions are Jeremiah, Tyoka Jackson, Fran Tarkenton, and Boylhart. And they all say Bradford can be very good if he can stay healthy. And I'm in that camp.

I think we just have a different definition of a "great QB" and being a "very good" QB, because imo they're close to being the same thing. In no way was I saying Sam was going to be elite, but imo only a few QBs in this league are. I also think Sams pocket presence was getting a lot better. I think that had to deal with his comfort in the offense. We started seeing him scramble a lot more, and ad lib on plays.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I will beat this drum til my last breath. With the OLine intact (Pace, Timmerman, et al) and receivers like Brue, Holt, Hakim, Proehl, and Conwell, not to mention running backs like Faulk and Lee, Warner was unstoppable. When he injured his thumb (like Farve when he threw us a plethora of interceptions in the playoffs) and FA and injuries hurt the team, not to mention a couple of historically bad OLines in New York and the first couple years in Arizona, all the "experts" said Kurt was washed up. Suddenly, at the end of his career, he suddenly remembered how to be a Super Bowl QB.

Will someone please tell me which receiver Bradford had in his career that would start for Warner's team? Which year did Bradford play behind a top 10 OLine? I don't agree w these guys. I, like Fisher, Schottenheimer, and Snead believe we've seen enough to know he is plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl provided the rest of the team develops.