Russillo: Rams Benched Goff After 8 Plays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I got more stupider just reeding the ty-tull of that artikull. Aye wont eeven reed it phor feer uv moar dumbth.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Russillo trying out for a position with fake news CNN. Doing an excellent job.

I think his next move should be to scoop the media and predict "Goff will be benched ENTIRELY for the 4th game of pre season."

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wouldn't even bother pressing the play button, it'll only give them revenue.

Ramzheart

Rookie
That is nonsence.... everyone (pundants) had Goff in the conversation for the Browns pick.... sliding to the 9ers worst case.... I myself had scouted all the QB'S entering the draft and I had likened Goff to Payton Manning. ...not Matt Ryan... it may be high praise...we will see...by the way I was high on both Wendz Prescott also.....I digress... everyone was high on Goff including Walter Football... who now calls him Goof.... but had him ranked as the best QB prospect coming out.....they can laugh it up for now....they will all eat they're words ...... and no way they give up on Goff after this year in my opinion........he will be great...patients. ..lol I'm done venting...... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)
I agree, I remember reading the rams consulted with a lot of people regarding Goff and Wentz including Kurt Warner. I remember hearing Warner was of the opinion that although Wentz had more upside. He felt Goff was the more complete player now.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I saw this and just shook my head. It's the FIRST preseason game genius. Nobody plays the 1st string long.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't use the inappropriate button for that because it reflects badly on the member, which is why I removed it. Use it only if threats, name calling, or trolling is posted by a member.

Best comments on this video from the good folks over at You Tube: :)
-----------
ESPN No. A bunch of people only played limited time IN THE 1ST PRESEASON GAME. Who do you guys sell this BS to, pathetic.
---------
Just get some Good Offensive Linemen and you will easily be Playoff Contenders.
---------
If Goff was on any other team we would never hear any "bust" talk. Same old Ram's bashing by the media.
---------
The guy never played in a pro style system in college and never took a snap under center. He had terrible coaching under Fisher and an OC that was a linebackers coach with zero playcalling experience. I say at least give him a chance this season under McVay before the "bust" label.
---------
When Goff entered his 1st game the Rams WRs were ranked 32nd in the league, OL was ranked 28th, the running game horrible too, and the coaching on the offensive side was wretched. The Rams WRs also had multiple players leading the league in drop %. "Well deserved" my ass, fool. Very few QBs will succeed in this situation, especially a 21 year old rookie.
--------
WTF ESPN?! Goff made the pass. Woods fumbled the pass. Are you kidding me?! F****** ESPN. I'd rather watch FOX.
-----------
So, an underage rookie starts 7 games his first season, with the worst offense in football and a defense-minded coach, plays two series in the preseason opener (as planned), and he's a bust??? Did you all forget about the rookie seasons of Aikman, Manning, Bradshaw and others who went on to have great careers and win Super Bowls?

You fools sitting in the ESPN studio don't have a clue. Watch the first half highlights from the Rams-Saints game last year, and then tell me that this kid is going to be a bust. Who hires these "experts"?
---------
I see why espn has fallen off lately...
-------
I guess Dak really sucks for the Cowboys...he didn't play at all if you follow this logic. This is perhaps the single most idiotic thing ESPN has posted all summer. Goff went 3 for 4. Except for his first pass that appeared as if he changed his mind and tried to pull back the throw, the others were right on the money. Do they really pay you guys for this?
--------
This is so dumb. If they pulled him for that reason why would he still be practicing with all the 1's everyday in training camp?
--------
I'm going to wait after this season to say if he's a bust or not. You have Jeff Fisher as your coach, you aren't going to prosper offensively. Plus the Rams got more dynamic receivers now.
------
Ryan you suck, Rams needed a Qb and giving up on him is crazy and you reporting they are is more crazy, you suck, stick to the NBA and being Van pelts side kick
---------
This guy should be fired. He clearly has no clue about anything. Goff didn't get benched. He played the exact amount of snaps coach McVay said he would before the game and actually preformed really well. What a sad excuse for a sports reporter. Get a clue before you embarass yourself anymore. Smh.
---------
Espn is just slow in the news department. After Goffs good year this season they will be kissing goffs ass and mcvays. Just remember these videos rams fans
--------
pulling goff so early was likely due to whitworth being pulled. whit as you know is 35 and does not need much preseason work so getting him just a few snaps is important for the long season ahead. if you watched the game you will know the backup tackle did not look good and i doubt pace murphy makes the team.

a better option would have been andrew donnal but he was out with an injury. to me a competent backup to whitworth is the team's biggest need followed by solid guard play from the right side.

goff is going to be a star in this league but programs like this may be the reason espn has become pretty bad of late. i do not watch epsn and especially the talking heads but have read many comments to the effect that they have become the suck of late.
---------
The problem with anybody in the media calling Goff a bust is that they all thought he was going to be good. Nobody was expressing doubt before the draft but you're going to act like the Rams are the only people who were supposed to know Goff wouldn't work? Why aren't they calling out Kiper and Mcshay? To ESPN analysts that had Goff at the top of their boards?
---------
I wish BSPN would just go away. So easy for armchair "sports talk" guys to proclaim crap like this after 7 games. SEVEN GAMES. Man are these hosts annoying to listen as well. BTW, Wentz looked like crap after his first 3 games last year, and that was with an actual coaching staff behind him. Somehow I doubt these schmucks are ready to throw in the towel on him.....
---------
This argument is ridiculous. Give Goff a few years before you label him a bust. Peyton Manning led the NFL in picks his rookie year. Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a starter his rookie year. Both will be hall of famers. RG III and Rick Mirer won Offensive Rookie Of The Year awards and both turned out to be busts.
--------
Most qbs dont hit really there stride til year 4 or 5. Lets just see if he shows progress this year. I thought he was a 1st round talent when I saw him at Cal. I think the fact he went number 1 vs like number 14 overall raised the expectation level. Hes the same player. I think if they properly build around him, he will be good.
---------
The problem is they drafted a spread/shotgun QB and tried to run a traditional set with him behind the worst offensive line in the league. If it was just Goff that was so bad, shouldn't Gurley have at least continued to improve? He was terrible.

What about the other quarterbacks that played for the Rams? Terrible, too. First get Goff some protection and then hire a offensive coordinator that will run a system similar to what Atlanta ran last year. Goff has the arm & accuracy to make any throw, but he needs to be in a better system to have success.

I can't believe people are trying to give logical posts. These guys were just stirring up shit and they couldn't even sell it that well.

The only response should be - what a couple of fuckheads.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the youtube, I tore up those 2 fucking assholes there and on twitter for whatever good it's worth. Made me feel better.

I can take team criticism, but I just hate bullshit, especially by so-called professionals.

Last edited:

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reported as inappropriate. No offense Rice Guy, but most teams pulled their starters after two drives. Further, McVay made several statements prior to the game Goff would only play 6-12 snaps.

Click bait journalism at its finest.

Whoa! I didn't share it because I agree with them. I shared it because even after the Rams have a TD scoring drive they (the nationwide media) find a way to trash the Rams. As long as Goff is our starting QB, he has my full support.

FRO

Legend
Even if I were a Goff skeptic, and I'm not, I would think these guys were being unfair at best. Teams don't play their starting QBs that long in the first preseason game. Now you could argue that they should play Goff more than a normal starting QB would, but that's not what these guys were saying. They were being massive hacks.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Breaking:

Rucillo reports that Clayton Kershaw clearly is done as a Major League pitcher. "The Dodgers have sent him to the minors. He is nothing but a pathetic has-been."

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Watching Jax v. TB...The Jagoffs are being touted as a possible sleeper playoff team...For one thing , they look more like sleepers period...Maybe a better reason they miss the playoffs is that Bortles might be their QB..The crowd is booing this guy (IN A PRE SEASON GAME !!!)...Starters as well as scrubs v. scrubs...I had to move on...Too difficult to watch...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Best comments on this video from the good folks over at You Tube: :)
-----------
ESPN No. A bunch of people only played limited time IN THE 1ST PRESEASON GAME. Who do you guys sell this BS to, pathetic.
---------
Just get some Good Offensive Linemen and you will easily be Playoff Contenders.
---------
If Goff was on any other team we would never hear any "bust" talk. Same old Ram's bashing by the media.
---------
The guy never played in a pro style system in college and never took a snap under center. He had terrible coaching under Fisher and an OC that was a linebackers coach with zero playcalling experience. I say at least give him a chance this season under McVay before the "bust" label.
---------
When Goff entered his 1st game the Rams WRs were ranked 32nd in the league, OL was ranked 28th, the running game horrible too, and the coaching on the offensive side was wretched. The Rams WRs also had multiple players leading the league in drop %. "Well deserved" my ass, fool. Very few QBs will succeed in this situation, especially a 21 year old rookie.
--------
WTF ESPN?! Goff made the pass. Woods fumbled the pass. Are you kidding me?! F****** ESPN. I'd rather watch FOX.
-----------
So, an underage rookie starts 7 games his first season, with the worst offense in football and a defense-minded coach, plays two series in the preseason opener (as planned), and he's a bust??? Did you all forget about the rookie seasons of Aikman, Manning, Bradshaw and others who went on to have great careers and win Super Bowls?

You fools sitting in the ESPN studio don't have a clue. Watch the first half highlights from the Rams-Saints game last year, and then tell me that this kid is going to be a bust. Who hires these "experts"?
---------
I see why espn has fallen off lately...
-------
I guess Dak really sucks for the Cowboys...he didn't play at all if you follow this logic. This is perhaps the single most idiotic thing ESPN has posted all summer. Goff went 3 for 4. Except for his first pass that appeared as if he changed his mind and tried to pull back the throw, the others were right on the money. Do they really pay you guys for this?
--------
This is so dumb. If they pulled him for that reason why would he still be practicing with all the 1's everyday in training camp?
--------
I'm going to wait after this season to say if he's a bust or not. You have Jeff Fisher as your coach, you aren't going to prosper offensively. Plus the Rams got more dynamic receivers now.
------
Ryan you suck, Rams needed a Qb and giving up on him is crazy and you reporting they are is more crazy, you suck, stick to the NBA and being Van pelts side kick
---------
This guy should be fired. He clearly has no clue about anything. Goff didn't get benched. He played the exact amount of snaps coach McVay said he would before the game and actually preformed really well. What a sad excuse for a sports reporter. Get a clue before you embarass yourself anymore. Smh.
---------
Espn is just slow in the news department. After Goffs good year this season they will be kissing goffs ass and mcvays. Just remember these videos rams fans
--------
pulling goff so early was likely due to whitworth being pulled. whit as you know is 35 and does not need much preseason work so getting him just a few snaps is important for the long season ahead. if you watched the game you will know the backup tackle did not look good and i doubt pace murphy makes the team.

a better option would have been andrew donnal but he was out with an injury. to me a competent backup to whitworth is the team's biggest need followed by solid guard play from the right side.

goff is going to be a star in this league but programs like this may be the reason espn has become pretty bad of late. i do not watch epsn and especially the talking heads but have read many comments to the effect that they have become the suck of late.
---------
The problem with anybody in the media calling Goff a bust is that they all thought he was going to be good. Nobody was expressing doubt before the draft but you're going to act like the Rams are the only people who were supposed to know Goff wouldn't work? Why aren't they calling out Kiper and Mcshay? To ESPN analysts that had Goff at the top of their boards?
---------
I wish BSPN would just go away. So easy for armchair "sports talk" guys to proclaim crap like this after 7 games. SEVEN GAMES. Man are these hosts annoying to listen as well. BTW, Wentz looked like crap after his first 3 games last year, and that was with an actual coaching staff behind him. Somehow I doubt these schmucks are ready to throw in the towel on him.....
---------
This argument is ridiculous. Give Goff a few years before you label him a bust. Peyton Manning led the NFL in picks his rookie year. Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a starter his rookie year. Both will be hall of famers. RG III and Rick Mirer won Offensive Rookie Of The Year awards and both turned out to be busts.
--------
Most qbs dont hit really there stride til year 4 or 5. Lets just see if he shows progress this year. I thought he was a 1st round talent when I saw him at Cal. I think the fact he went number 1 vs like number 14 overall raised the expectation level. Hes the same player. I think if they properly build around him, he will be good.
---------
The problem is they drafted a spread/shotgun QB and tried to run a traditional set with him behind the worst offensive line in the league. If it was just Goff that was so bad, shouldn't Gurley have at least continued to improve? He was terrible.

What about the other quarterbacks that played for the Rams? Terrible, too. First get Goff some protection and then hire a offensive coordinator that will run a system similar to what Atlanta ran last year. Goff has the arm & accuracy to make any throw, but he needs to be in a better system to have success.
I'll donate $100 in your honor if you can guess which one of those comments was mine, haha. I will donate regardless, but let's see what ya got!!

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Whoa! I didn't share it because I agree with them. I shared it because even after the Rams have a TD scoring drive they (the nationwide media) find a way to trash the Rams. As long as Goff is our starting QB, he has my full support.

Don't know if you read through the entire thread but I removed that 'inappropriate' because...well, it was inappropriate. :sneaky:

I'll donate $100 in your honor if you can guess which one of those comments was mine, haha. I will donate regardless, but let's see what ya got!!

roflbot.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Get used to it folks. Until the Rams start winning on a regular basis, they are going to get trashed by the talking heads.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Even if I were a Goff skeptic, and I'm not, I would think these guys were being unfair at best. .
I think you are being kind by simply referring to them as "being unfair..." I think they have no clue what football is and having spotted them a direction and a placement, still couldn't find their ass w/ either hand.........
In other news, I'm benching my wife because she doesn't look like Jennifer Anniston.......

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
This really pisses me off because I knew Russillo from his days here at Uvm and he was a decent guy.