Russ Lande Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
nighttrain said:
Vaccaro fills a big need, but i truly dont see us need a 1st round WR..
train

Even if we lose Amendola?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

iced

i'd love that scenario

Disagree with the Mock though - Reid is going QB at #1 overall. I'm betting Geno Smith - he appears to be the most mcnabb like

…..

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

In that case, go spend the money on Bowe and use the draft spot on a Big Ugly. I'd much rather have Warmack than another small reciever that 'might' do big things.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Dog said:
CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

In that case, go spend the money on Bowe and use the draft spot on a Big Ugly. I'd much rather have Warmack than another small reciever that 'might' do big things.
The only reason they'd lose Amendola would be because of the money. So Bowe wouldn't be an option either.

…..

Legend
X said:
The Dog said:
CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

The only reason they'd lose Amendola would be because of the money. So Bowe wouldn't be an option either.

Well all things being equal, Bowe money and Amendola money arent exactly "equal" ;)

jmo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Dog said:
X said:
The Dog said:
CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

Well all things being equal, Bowe money and Amendola money arent exactly "equal" ;)

jmo
I know. That's why it wouldn't be an option. Bowe made $9.5M last year. Amendola won't command THAT much, but if we can't afford to keep him due to his market demand, then we sure wouldn't be able to sign Bowe.

iced

actually on 2nd thought, I don't see this happening. They have Warmack to the cowboys at #18 - lol no way that happens. If Warmack is on the board, he's gonna be the pick, imo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
actually on 2nd thought, I don't see this happening. They have Warmack to the cowboys at #18 - lol no way that happens. If Warmack is on the board, he's gonna be the pick, imo.
I'd be shocked if we picked a guard in the first round, even one as good as Warmack.

iced

DR RAM said:
iced said:
I'd be shocked if we picked a guard in the first round, even one as good as Warmack.

Huge need and BPA. Not to mention the age of Wells and Dahl..

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
DR RAM said:
iced said:

Huge need and BPA. Not to mention the age of Wells and Dahl..
I'm not convinced he'll be the BPA, especially since we have no idea who might be left. I said the same about Decastro last year, the former latest best guard prospect in 10 years who didn't burn up the planet.

Plus, I don't think this staff gives up on guys as quick as our last staff. Think Rok Watkins, Shelley Smith, and Brandon Washington.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:

I agree... Then again DeCastro fell last year.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

But they were enamored with Brockers. They almost took him at #6... I also don't remember Decastro being heralded nearly as high as Warmack is.

…..

Legend
DR RAM said:
Think Rok Watkins, Shelley Smith, and Brandon Washington.

Lets be realistic....32 sacks givin up by that Rams wasnt all THAT bad considering our line rankings.

But even so, I gotta LOL at the above quote because...what? are those guys supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

I see two developmental youngsters and a project. what do you see?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

But they were enamored with Brockers. They almost took him at #6... I also don't remember Decastro being heralded nearly as high as Warmack is.
OMG, he sure was, and a lot of Ram Nation wanted him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Dog said:
DR RAM said:

Lets be realistic....32 sacks givin up by that Rams wasnt all THAT bad considering our line rankings.

But even so, I gotta LOL at the above quote because...what? are those guys supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

I see two very big talented guys that this staff loves and takes pride in developing. And one that can already play. I also hear these names every time someone in the front office speaks about the future of the offensive line. Someone in the distance cries, "Smokescreen!". I will go on record to say this. I will never value a guard in the middle or higher of the first round, even if he is Warmack, unless it's our only need. OT is a completely different story for me.

And, you probably don't know me, but I am all about the offensive line.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
SaneRamsFan said:
Does anybody really see Fisher taking a shrimp-sized receiver over, say, Ogletree in the first round? And make no mistake it is Fishers call. Its all just a guess, but I don't see either one of these players drafted in those spots. Especially Austin. Our offense has to improve and a safety and part-time receiver isn't gonna get it. Great value in the second and third for a safety. It's time to draft offensive talent high. But think guys who are a physical mis-match. Warmack. Pass catching TE. I dought all those receivers go that early. Patterson,Allen would be good picks.
I don't think height would be a determining factor for Fisher. You can either get open or you can't. Guys like Amendola, Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson, etc., all have a knack for getting open and you don't need to rely on them to win jump balls. That's what guys like Pettis and Quick are for. There are tons of ways to utilize a guy like Austin, and the chance to get a legit PR/KR as well as a dynamic *playmaker*, are things that I'm sure Fisher is mulling over in his mind as we speak.

Whether they go that way ... who knows. But I wouldn't count him out just because he's a few inches shy of Gibson.

I remember hearing an interview with Snead about if he uses any sort of "sabermetric" like tactics when evaluating players. He said there are some things you can do like look at the majority of successful players at a position, their measurables, and what makes them stand out. Then he also said something to the tone of, even if a player isn't perfect you have to weight the raw talent of the player. So idk. I do believe strongly that Snead is a GM that considers measurables a lot though in drafting. Though that's probably 90% of all GMs in the league.

I just don't see the Rams drafting him in the 1st. Doesn't seem like a guy Schotty would make a push for either unless maybe Danny isn't resigned. Who knows though. I have no clue, and that's all just definitely my opinion. lol I've been right and wrong about these things so many times. I do know this though, I feel very comfortable with the people the Rams have in place doing the deciding.

Edit: A lot of what I hear(d) from Snead is that he wants explosion when going after "playmakers." That's why I think Patterson is a perfect fit for his draft type. He's shown he's not afraid to draft and develop raw players too. That said, Austin may be small, but I'd say he has some "explosion" as well.

…..

Legend
DR RAM said:
The Dog said:
DR RAM said:

I see two very big talented guys that this staff loves and takes pride in developing. And one that can already play. I also hear these names every time someone in the front office speaks about the future of the offensive line. Someone in the distance cries, "Smokescreen!". I will go on record to say this. I will never value a guard in the middle or higher of the first round, even if he is Warmack, unless it's our only need. OT is a completely different story for me.

Then I guess you never would have picked Dennis Harrah or Kent Hill. Those two All Pros held the middle together for 7 straight years in some pretty formidable times, and both were 1st round picks. I'd love to have that dependability again. If one was to break thier "no guards in the 1st round" rule...now would be a great time to do it, considering we have two 1st rounders. With one we could get a shiny new toy for the offensive cooridinator, and with the other we could get a rock for the middle of our line. jmo

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Dog said:
DR RAM said:
The Dog said:
DR RAM said:

Then I guess you never would have picked Dennis Harrah or Kent Hill. Those two All Pros held the middle together for 7 straight years in some pretty formidable times, and both were 1st round picks. I'd love to have that dependability again. If one was to break thier "no guards in the 1st round" rule...now would be a great time to do it, considering we have two 1st rounders. With one we could get a shiny new toy for the offensive cooridinator, and with the other we could get a rock for the middle of our line. jmo

I guess I wouldn't if I needed an offensive tackle first. Plus, way different game back then my friend, and Harrah didn't start his first year either. I met Kent Hill, pretty gracious guy. Both great players.