Rumors swirl that Rams are pursuing Peyton Manning for front office

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
By: Tanya Ray Fox

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Peyton Manning’s first full season away from the NFL is in the books, and while the future Hall of Famer has been very quiet since retiring after his Super Bowl 50 win, there’s a chance he’s considering a return to football.

Rumors have begun to circulate that the Los Angeles Rams are targeting the legendary quarterback for a front office role.

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites
Give it Time. I'm told Rams Owner Stan Kroenke very interested in Peyton Manning taking on John Elway type role in LA.

No credible sources have reported this yet, but it doesn’t seem entirely outrageous. Manning was spotted back in March spending time at the Rams facilities, as well as dining with head coach Sean McVay and a few of the team’s high profile free agent signings – including offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth and former Bronco, Kayvon Webster.

On the surface, the Rams seem like an odd choice for Manning – who never even played in the NFC, and has had no public connection to Stan Kroenke or the Rams organization outside of the rumors that he considered come out retirement to play for the team last season.

However if he is considering an Elway-type job in the NFL, which he’s certainly suited for, the Rams are a low key perfect choice. Clearly the Broncos don’t need him, which leaves the Colts as the only other obvious option. And let’s be honest, a position in that front office under Jim Irsay isn’t exactly a dream job.

And while the breakup between the Colts and Manning was a cordial one, no one would blame him if he has since soured a bit on the team that embarked on their “suck for Luck” campaign before Manning had even laid down on the operating table.

If Manning wants to help build a young team with a high ceiling in a strong market, the Rams are actually a great choice. The Jeff Fisher era is over, the coaching staff has been overhauled and a behemoth new stadium is just two years away.

They still have major kinks to work out but the Rams boast more potential now than they have in years – and one way they can continue that upward trend is by landing the very best people to work in their front office.

jap

Legend
That Peyton Manning to Jared Goff Vulcan Mind Touch may be coming sooner than we think.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A little more sizzle and although they will compare him for an "Elway Role." Let's not forget that Elway spent time as co-owner and executive for the Colorado Rush of the Arena League before he was given the keys to the Bronco franchise, however, I would embrace this move with not only open arms, but a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Never been a Manning fan and hate the idea of him a Ram. That being said, I would prefer bring in Marshall Faulk before I would want Manning.....just my personal opinion.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
710013.gif

Oh man I hope so...I would get that excited. I will keep my fingers crossed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am a huge Manning fan. I would rank him as the best QB I've ever seen play the position. He'd be an excellent influence to have around the halls.

That said; I would be nervous giving him too much authority without a test drive on some decisions. Not sure how we pull that off.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that would explain them going to the blue & white (Colt Like) but here he is donning old Ram colors!
58f0e5ab72152.image.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am a huge Manning fan. I would rank him as the best QB I've ever seen play the position. He'd be an excellent influence to have around the halls.

That said; I would be nervous giving him too much authority without a test drive on some decisions. Not sure how we pull that off.

I agree on a test drive but this being an option to grab him for the position is awesome.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He would have to get whatever hair magic Urlacher did if he's going to replace Snead and that great mane.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kroenke & Manning in front of one of Stan's properties.
31022D0700000578-3444501-image-a-27_1455297630622.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Having Manning as a part of the Rams just feels good to say, too!

(y)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Where there's smoke, there's fire, usually. We'll see.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wut?
zBPkwho.png

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I was wondering why Manning has been denying rumors of working in a front office lately.