Rumors of Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nighttrain said:
jrry32 said:
If Sam is done. Sign him. Guy QBed a team that went to the playoffs and won a game. Say what you want to but Kellen Clemens will not offer more.
I see the possibility of the Rams going without a win for the rest of the season with Clemons @ QB
train
Nah. If we're all REALLY believers in the "team" mantra, then we'll win a few games.
If we can beat the Saints with A.J. Feeley, then we can win some games this year with Clemens (or whoever).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah. I think we will still win a few more games.

But it's another losing season in 2013. Hard to keep watching your team with no chance for the playoffs over and over again, 10 years running now.

I guess the best part is that there are a bunch of young talent players who will be developing this year and the promise of them breaking out next year.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
max said:
I guess the best part is that there are a bunch of young talent players who will be developing this year and the promise of them breaking out next year.

sounds familiar

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
theramsruleUK said:
max said:

sounds familiar

Year after year, after year, after another Ram season.....on & on & on.... so it goes so so many have developed themselves right off the team & onto the streets or other NFL teams.... I am waiting for that breakout next year and growing very old.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
max said:
Yeah. I think we will still win a few more games.

But it's another losing season in 2013. Hard to keep watching your team with no chance for the playoffs over and over again, 10 years running now.

I think we will still win a few more games.

Really Max, a "few" more games? I wish I could agree with ya on this one, but I'll be amazed if the Rams can win even 2 more games. They look like 5-11 to me at this point, even with a little luck.

As for Bradford, what a shame, this young man is loaded with character and blessed with height and an excellent arm. Unfortunately, it takes more than that in the NFL, including a complimentary crew who can actually catch a football when it arrives either in their hands or at the numbers.

Next year will bring a 5th season for Bradford the 68 million dollar man, yet he remains still unproven. So the excuses will begin anew, we already know the list; 3 OC's yada, yada, yada. Meanwhile, there are countless younger QB's who make one heck of a lot less money that have managed to rise above their teams short comings and elevate their team despite such barriers.

I think most folks believe and agree that Bradford can "do the job" when or if he is surrounded with a supporting cadre of players. However, by the looks of things, that perfect scenario may or may never come to pass. So to my mind, I think it's time this team swallows hard, accepts the fact that for whatever reasons, Bradford may not be the best fit "for this team".

Of course some here will howl at the suggestion I just made, but honestly look at Wilson, Luck, RG, Newton, Kat-nip, etc., etc. All of the teams these QB's play for were in various stages of rebuilding with the exception of possibly Kat-nip, but their QB's "tended" to elevate the play and in some cases, they either carried their team at some points or elevated the play of others.....I just don't see the same dynamic from Bradford.

There's no doubt that with the right balance and supporting cast, Bradford is capable of fulfilling his role as a NFL QB. At the same time, for whatever reason, this team requires a bit more than that. Naturally, I don't expect Bradford to lose his job in 2014, but if this group of players and coaches expect to seriously compete for a conference title within the next 3 or 4 years, some hard and difficult choices must be made.

For my part, I'm just worn out with all of this, 51 freaken years I've hyped, hoped, prayed and believed a turn around was just around the corner. 51 years, to see them squeak in as a wild card under Feragamo and of course the GSOT miracle that lasted essentially 3 years, proving once again that even so-so teams (with a HoF QB) can find an acorn, at least once. Then of course, there was the 5 straight division titles during the first Knox era, but even those seasons ended with bitter defeats and disappointment. That's 9 descent years over a 51 year span. Less than 18% of the time, this team has given me periods of hope, excitement and satisfaction.

I don't know about the rest of you, but over a half century of disappointment, frustration and ridicule with a 18% success rate is hard to swallow. I thought this time would actually be different, silly me. It's different alright, this time we load up both lines with 1's and 2's, then brought in an experienced HC and staff, hire a 68 mil QB and what happens? More disappointment, more heart break, more frustration.....the nightmare just never seems to end.

For my part, at least I see a light at the end of the tunnel....I wonder if they have football where I'm going? :bummed:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ramsince62 said:
For my part, I'm just worn out with all of this, 51 freaken years I've hyped, hoped, prayed and believed a turn around was just around the corner. 51 years, to see them squeak in as a wild card under Feragamo and of course the GSOT miracle that lasted essentially 3 years, proving once again that even so-so teams (with a HoF QB) can find an acorn, at least once. Then of course, there was the 5 straight division titles during the first Knox era, but even those seasons ended with bitter defeats and disappointment. That's 9 descent years over a 51 year span. Less than 18% of the time, this team has given me periods of hope, excitement and satisfaction.

I don't know about the rest of you, but over a half century of disappointment, frustration and ridicule with a 18% success rate is hard to swallow. I thought this time would actually be different, silly me. It's different alright, this time we load up both lines with 1's and 2's, then brought in an experienced HC and staff, hire a 68 mil QB and what happens? More disappointment, more heart break, more frustration.....the nightmare just never seems to end.
Yeah, I'm in about the same place right now. I've been a model fan through the best and worst of times for almost 5-decades, but now I'm totally disappointed in the current front office and coaching staff, and feel total burned-out.

I'm a huge Sam Bradford fan, but now I wonder about Jerry's earlier posts and the merit of Sam needing a new start somewhere else. I'd love to see that kid succeed in this league, even it ends up being with a new team.

Overall, the Snisher team really got my hopes up this off-season, only to leave me hanging before the 1st qtr of the season ended. Now, I feel I've got better things to do with my Sundays. Ugh.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Well yeah, this team does require more than Sam at this point. Receivers that can catch the ball and some real depth on the offensive line. Oh yes, and a safety and a corner.

To focus on replacing a good quarterback, at this point, is pointless.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur, Rams62. I don't see us winning more than 5 games if Clemens is at the helm. Wouldn't be shocked if we lose out. Just sad.

I do disagree some about Sam. He was turning that corner. He was finally rising above it all and then one awkward step after a push and we're done. Terrible timing. Just beyond emotionally draining.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No way I want Tebow, he's not better than Kellen Clemens, Tebow just happenstanced onto a team that got hot at the right time and overachieved.

We're not even remotely like that Denver team, bringing Tebow here would just bring an unnecessary media circus along with a train wreck.