Rumors of Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fancents86 said:
There really are no better options. Vince Young is the only decent qb thats available and Fish would never give him a call, he's already tried working with him. I doubt the Rams will pick up Tebow, but our season is done no matter who you pick up. I just figure Tebow will give us something interesting and it would be easy on the pockets. Plus he has experience of not being so good and still winning haha.
Jeff may not be given a choice if higher ups feel it's a need

Pho Kadat

Rookie
You know what. Do it. Just hand him the keys and see where it goes. If it works, the Rams look like geniuses. If it fails, it puts the "Tebow is a great NFL QB" and "He just didn't get enough chances" arguments to rest and we start fresh next year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
fancents86 said:
There really are no better options. Vince Young is the only decent qb thats available and Fish would never give him a call, he's already tried working with him. I doubt the Rams will pick up Tebow, but our season is done no matter who you pick up. I just figure Tebow will give us something interesting and it would be easy on the pockets. Plus he has experience of not being so good and still winning haha.
Jeff may not be given a choice if higher ups feel it's a need

Snisher has free reign to do what they feel is best. That's why he's in STL.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd sign him just to get Jesus back on our side.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pho Kadat said:
You know what. Do it. Just hand him the keys and see where it goes. If it works, the Rams look like geniuses. If it fails, it puts the "Tebow is a great NFL QB" and "He just didn't get enough chances" arguments to rest and we start fresh next year.

This guy gets it. The other option is finding a way to get Chase Daniel from the Chiefs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If Bradford is done, I hate to be "that" guy, but I don't really give a shit who plays. Put the season to rest, develop some young guys, get a nice draft pick and have more talent next year for Bradford's return. There's not a QB out there that I would feel comfortable with to give us a decent chance to win, certainly not more so than Sam.

As much as I want another Kurt Warner story, what makes that story so great is how unlikely it is to happen. We're not going to strike gold twice with that, so lets just get a JAG to play behind Clemens (or in front) and get ready for next year. Don't give up on the season of course, keep trying, but use this time to develop the younger guys. Get Quick more involved, get Bailey more involved, experiment a little bit and see what we got.

fancents86

Starter
speaking of Bailey, does anyone know why he is being used as special teams?? He had better numbers than Austin in college, and considering we're having problems with people catching the ball, why not give Bailey a chance?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fancents86 said:
speaking of Bailey, does anyone know why he is being used as special teams?? He had better numbers than Austin in college, and considering we're having problems with people catching the ball, why not give Bailey a chance?
I would prefer to hold off on him till Bradford is back i don't want our back up qb putting a bad image on him

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fancents86 said:
I just never understood why they put him where they did. Doesnt make sense.
Oh belive me I get what you're saying. I wanted Bailey over Tavon to begin with.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
mr.stlouis said:
I'd say the Rams are discussing every FA, but this is interesting. I'm not a Tebow guy, but we could use a miracle. At least we'd have a running QB with heart. I'm not convinced VY has heart.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow</a>

B.S.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We are done, it just doesn't matter who is at QB now. There is NOBODY out there that remotely can run an NFL O short of trading for someone who still won't get it done.

Good draft pick coming up next year. Trade down and get a QB to back SB up eventually being his replacement in a few years.

Meanwhile, Tebow actually wouldn't be a bad idea at this point considering he has the ability to make his teammates come together and play better. He can't throw the ball much better than I can but he is tough, smart, and a winner. What else are we going to do? Give me a name that would have a better effect on our team?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

fearsomefour

Legend
Barrison said:
I'm on board man the Tebow magic is real, and if we aren't gonna be having our franchise QB for the remainder of the year. We need a better starter than Kellen Clemens but boy does Josh Freeman sound very nice right about now...

Those prospects make me want to jump out of a window.

I would rather no QB in the huddle than have Tebow....oh right, thats the same thing. I would not fart away a draft pick to bring in some guy with no future (Ponder) for a season that has a very slim chance of making the playoffs. A more likely trade would be a guy like Cassel anyway. Just go with Clemons and see what happens, the year is over.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Honestly.. I think this season is a write off now.. No Bradford = No chance..
Clemens is ok but he cant take control of a game the way that sam can..

There is no "real" solution to this problem...
We're just going to have to make the best of this situation and like what bluecoconuts said, develop our young players further, give them more game time.... Make sure we're going into next season with some experienced younger players for when sam gets fit, and make those 1st round picks count

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:
If Sam is done. Sign him. Guy QBed a team that went to the playoffs and won a game. Say what you want to but Kellen Clemens will not offer more.
I see the possibility of the Rams going without a win for the rest of the season with Clemons @ QB
train