Rumor: CB Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Johnson was rated as the number one cornerback in press man coverage and 15th overall as graded by Bleacher Report's Ian Wharton.

Doesn't Ian Wharton have the same agent as TruJohnson? I remember having a conversation about that a couple of months ago. Just can't remember if it was here or not.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's nothing personal, it's just that some of us get tired of reading speculation and opinion presented as fact.

Especially when the headline is written in a thought-provoking fashion; just sounds like something I would expect out of clickbait

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Especially when the headline is written in a thought-provoking fashion; just sounds like something I would expect out of clickbait
I just want to say that I LOVE the Goff and Gurley spin on Rick and Morty in your avatar!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Not to weigh in one way or the other, but it should be pointed out that he also wrote the article.

It's nothing personal, it's just that some of us get tired of reading speculation and opinion presented as fact.
Totally understand. But it’s currently a dead period. Fake news is still news for me. I enjoy reading anything Ram. You don’t know if it’s true or not. Many of us expect him to the Rams to allow him to leave.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jason La Canfora

Oh gawd..........he's nothing, an actual fabricator.

That article offers zero insight.

This guy is just throwing out his best guess during this slow NFL news time.

He does it all the time, even during the season, LaCanfora is horrible.

haha, la clown strikes again. this probably means the rams will lock up tru for 5 years.

LOL yup you are right..........he's about that accurate.

Not a Chris Long fan andI'm like inadvertently evoking #91

How can you NOT be a fan of Long?

I don't get it...............

I'd prefer "potential poppycock".

Probable poppycock.

Mmmmmkay!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The report was from a CBS reporter who has talked to a league source. I don't know what you want? I write long articles all of the time this was breaking something.
I'll just say from my personal perspective Jake. When any reporter says things like "according to an unnamed source" or "talked to a league source" it draws skepticism and lack of credibility as anything but an ttempt to connect dots. The reporter really can't be wrong even if he's wrong. It's the kind of lazy echo chamber reporting many of us despise. And to add, you echoing an echo doesn’t make it “breaking something”. It makes it a weak attempt at click bait.

I think you know I’ve both complimented your work and criticized it. This was not good work and paints you as more of a blogger than a true reporter or journalist.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It's Kurt Russell
Hahhahah
My mistake
Not a Chris Long fan andI'm like inadvertently evoking #91

Not a Chris Long fan. . . ? I was ready for the Rams to let him go when they did but I think I have only grown in my fandom for him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
@jakebogen95, I gave you a hard time the other day in another thread but it's been cool to watch you grow into this role and I hope you continue to grow into it. I can't speak to everyone on here - but I'm not the greatest writer - so sometimes even my constructive criticism may come off too much or perhaps even not enough. I think a lot of us just want to give you feedback sometimes if we feel like it will improve the product. I can't imagine anyone here not pulling for the work you do.

I hope someday you write an article where you have an "unnamed source" you cite... cause you've made those connections. That would be awesome. I think there's certainly a standard way to report that... many of us don't know the in's and outs of it... but we can see when it seems off. I think that's just what people are sharing. Cheers man.