Rumor: CB Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Report: CB Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams

February 16, 2018 | By:Jake Ellenbogen
227364_e3bf665b9bda41219821673f1683138f~mv2_d_3000_2000_s_2.webp

According to a recent report by Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, "Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams, according to a league source"

The 28-year old, Trumaine Johnson, has been the Rams starting CB for just about his whole career. The former third-round pick out of Montana has been with the team during its time with Janoris Jenkins, during it's darkest time and of course, this past season during what many would call a magical season. Johnson has been vocal about wanting to stay a Los Angeles Ram and despite the fact he was pretty much told he wasn't going to be back next year, he took on the 2017 season with an open mind and was voted a team captain by his teammates.

Johnson was rated as the number one cornerback in press man coverage and 15th overall as graded by Bleacher Report's Ian Wharton. It's become clear if the Rams are willing to part with Johnson despite the fact that their number two cornerback is coming off of two major surgeries, the team is putting more of a premium on bringing back FS LaMarcus Joyner and WR Sammy Watkins. Even more obvious now is the fact the Rams are likely to draft a CB and even sign one in free agency. Whether or not the Rams feel Johnson is a scheme fit or not is unknown but what is know is the fact that Johnson has made almost as much money in franchise tags as the Rams have cap space to spend in free agency.

One thing is for certain, this off-season is vital for the Rams and we have only seen a sneak peek of what's to come if these reports are indeed true.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Report: CB Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams

February 16, 2018 | By:Jake Ellenbogen
227364_e3bf665b9bda41219821673f1683138f~mv2_d_3000_2000_s_2.webp

According to a recent report by Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, "Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams, according to a league source"

The 28-year old, Trumaine Johnson, has been the Rams starting CB for just about his whole career. The former third-round pick out of Montana has been with the team during its time with Janoris Jenkins, during it's darkest time and of course, this past season during what many would call a magical season. Johnson has been vocal about wanting to stay a Los Angeles Ram and despite the fact he was pretty much told he wasn't going to be back next year, he took on the 2017 season with an open mind and was voted a team captain by his teammates.

Johnson was rated as the number one cornerback in press man coverage and 15th overall as graded by Bleacher Report's Ian Wharton. It's become clear if the Rams are willing to part with Johnson despite the fact that their number two cornerback is coming off of two major surgeries, the team is putting more of a premium on bringing back FS LaMarcus Joyner and WR Sammy Watkins. Even more obvious now is the fact the Rams are likely to draft a CB and even sign one in free agency. Whether or not the Rams feel Johnson is a scheme fit or not is unknown but what is know is the fact that Johnson has made almost as much money in franchise tags as the Rams have cap space to spend in free agency.

One thing is for certain, this off-season is vital for the Rams and we have only seen a sneak peek of what's to come if these reports are indeed true.
I scooped you by a minute! ha!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnson was the number one press corner? How?

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That article offers zero insight.

This guy is just throwing out his best guess during this slow NFL news time.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnson was rated as the number one cornerback in press man coverage and 15th overall as graded by Bleacher Report's Ian Wharton.
I get that but I was under the impression that Johnson didn't press much

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
BUUUUUULLLLLLSHHHHHHIIIIIIT

Coming off our first winning season in yearssss, this "off-season" seems to be the worst I've ever remembered- but i guess that can be expected when the Rams narrative for the last decade was how much we sucked and we're gonna continue to suck - and now that's just not the case and it seems these guys don't know what else to write anout -- it's gotta be how Trumaine is gonna bolt - as if it's fact - just before ending the so-called article with the line "if one thing's for certain"

Fuck off

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, la clown strikes again. this probably means the rams will lock up tru for 5 years.

JRobinson

MiLB
Pure speculation. Sorry Jake, but you're making it sound as if its a done deal with the title bro. Reporting is simply that, reporting. If you have no substance to that report when you post something like this, your credibility will be diminished. Food for thought ...

Not saying it won't happen dude (as I believe we will let him walk), but your basically making the case in point that its already a done deal = not accurate or true.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BUUUUUULLLLLLSHHHHHHIIIIIIT

Coming off our first winning season in yearssss, this "off-season" seems to be the worst I've ever remembered- but i guess that can be expected when the Rams narrative for the last decade was how much we sucked and we're gonna continue to suck - and now that's just not the case and it seems these guys don't know what else to write anout -- it's gotta be how Trumaine is gonna bolt - as if it's fact - just before ending the so-called article with the line "if one thing's for certain"

freak off
The report was from a CBS reporter who has talked to a league source. I don't know what you want? I write long articles all of the time this was breaking something. But I'm not surprised all you do is hate on my work no matter what it is lol. You are good practice to deal with as I grow into this business and as a journalist. Then again, if I didn't receive 50 death threats yesterday I would have needed your hate, but I guess I'm all hated out. Have a nice day.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The report was from a CBS reporter who has talked to a league source. I don't know what you want? I write long articles all of the time this was breaking something. But I'm not surprised all you do is hate on my work no matter what it is lol. You are good practice to deal with as I grow into this business and as a journalist. Then again, if I didn't receive 50 death threats yesterday I would have needed your hate, but I guess I'm all hated out. Have a nice day.

Sorry dude - had no idea my boy Jake wrote this
I was slamming LaCanfora
jake....come back Jake!!!!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Sorry @jakebogen95 I gave you a great compliment the other day on your work but I’m going to have to say this is the classic ‘lazy reporting’. Don’t fall into the trap and just be a reliable reporter. Siting anybody from Bleacher Report is nonsense and LaCanfota just is basically a popular Bleacher Report tool. If you do site them don’t make it sound like it’s breaking news and make it more of an article reporting on the issue not that it’s a done deal.

Nobody in that article you wrote has a clue if it’s a done deal or not. Sources my ass. LaCanfora is wrong quite a few times and thinks he gives groundbreaking news to obvious angles. Don’t be like him, your better than that.