Rumor: CB Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Los Angeles Rams
The Rams won a battle of wills with Aaron Donald a year ago, and his holdout accomplished very little, if anything at all. But I wouldn't suggest going down that road again. Getting the game's premier defensive player locked up for the future is a must. After franchising him two years in a row, corner Trumaine Johnson will not be back with the Rams, according to a league source. He leaves with $30 million in his pocket from the last two years. I'd also be shocked if Tavon Austin is back with the Rams; they save $8 million in cash by letting the former first-round pick go. Some have suggested Rodger Saffold could go, but the Rams really like him as a player and a person, and his versatility is a plus. I expect him to be back.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...2-teams-have-ahead-in-the-2018-nfl-offseason/

Who suggested that Rodger Saffold could go? He isn't going anywhere this year and Rams should redo his contract.

I hope lesson learned on this one Jake.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
That's the immutable Captain Ron (Kurt Russell).

One of the best and easiest Halloween costumes I ever wore. People have always said I look like Kurt so in the 90's when I had long hair in the same style as aptain Ron I threw on a patch an earing and some Captain Ron clothes and despite being on the crazy streets of Sam Fran with all the costume madness I was frequently hearing people call out Captain Ron! Wish I had a pic. Oddly enough I was dating. A girl who looked A lot like Goldie Hawn at the time.

A55VA6

Legend
I love Tru, but I see the Rams going in a different direction.

I think the Rams REALLY need to sign Joyner long term (looking at his market value, probably in the ballpark of 5yrs/$55M). Then Rams can make a decision on Robey-Coleman (I'd like him back on a 1 or 2 year deal) and then go to the draft for Tru's replacement.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mean, the "some have suggested line" is really poor reporting on La Canfora's part. That's not even citing an unnamed source. It's basically saying a fart in the wind may have sounded like these words. A better way to report it would be for him to offer it as his own analysis. Ugh.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mean, honestly, if you were to put percentages on it, how many of you felt like we had a good chance of keeping Trujo? I think every one of us has a fair price in our head as to what we'd pay him and the market price will be waaaay beyond that.

Trujo's a gonner and I'd really love to lock up Watkins as I think we're gonna be in a world of hurt if we can't use the franchise tag on Joyner.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think they offered him several million less per year than his agent thinks he can get in FA. I've been saying this since mid season and I dont see any reason to change my opinion. Go get butler or someone who wade thinks is a starter and make CB the top priority in the draft. I think hill has a future as a starter and I'm not at optimistic about Webster being back to form until at least mid season. Obviously sign NRC and Joyner.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
One of the best and easiest Halloween costumes I ever wore. People have always said I look like Kurt so in the 90's when I had long hair in the same style as aptain Ron I threw on a patch an earing and some Captain Ron clothes and despite being on the crazy streets of Sam Fran with all the costume madness I was frequently hearing people call out Captain Ron! Wish I had a pic. Oddly enough I was dating. A girl who looked A lot like Goldie Hawn at the time.

Haha best movie

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No chance for Tru??? Just seems strange to draft all those corners....and not one remains on the roster....especially J. Jenkins.

JRobinson

MiLB
I think most of us know that he's gone. Win some lose some, that's the name of the game

Exactly. Its either yes, or no. I just have a problem with people posting, tweeting,.. using any social media outlet to proclaim that "xyz" is a done deal when its not. Thats what this article, and post is about. Clearly, its nothing personal; don't get it twisted.

jap

Legend
Changed the thread title from "Report" to "Rumor." Everyone happy now? :sneaky:

Hell no!!! We're gonna bitch anyway, even if we have to invent our own reasons for doing so, and you know it!!! :argue::boxing::dizzy::blah::fighting::lifting::coach::wabbit::double::shooting::seizure:

nighttrain

Legend
Hell no!!! We're gonna bitch anyway, even if we have to invent our own reasons for doing so, and you know it!!! :argue::boxing::dizzy::blah::fighting::lifting::coach::wabbit::double::shooting::seizure:
:fuelfire::argue::rant::deadhorse::pillowfight::death:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
200.webp

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not a Chris Long fan. . . ? I was ready for the Rams to let him go when they did but I think I have only grown in my fandom for him.
I was a huge Long Fan, and didn't want to see him go, and would like to see the Rams bring him Back!!

Chris72a.jpg

chris-long9.jpg

temp20131110_RamsINDY_038--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JLC has had info ahead of time on TruJo in the past. Wonder if he's in with his agent. I'd be shocked if we paid him this offseason to be honest.

View: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/964580432686800896

Maybe. But I think we'd all be shocked if he was back with the team. So stating that he has some unidentified league source is... well.... yawn. And does anyone know what "league source" even means? Personally, I wouldn't classify an agent as a league source. But I could easily see where it could be looked at that way. It's like saying someone with knowledge of the NFL. Ambiguity is the benchmark of lazy journalism.