Round 6 Pick 206: Sam Rogers, FB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lets see the guy play before we declare him a talentless hack...mmmmmmmk?

Great maybe they'll make a move about him.
65355_h.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said in the other thread, I like Rogers. He's versatile and a special teams demon. Tells us that McVay wants to run the ball out of power sets with Gurley. Rogers really impressed me against Pitt. VT's OTs couldn't stop Pitt DE Ejuan Price. VT decided to have Rogers block him instead. Rogers was able to neutralize him.
After reading the above bio, I am officially a fan. Hope he can have success with us.

FRO

Legend
Absolutely horrible pick.

In all seriousness I have no clue who any of these guys are after round 5. If he can play special teams then he's a good pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rogers will only make the squad because of special teams...Again sign him as an UDRFA, that's fine, don't draft the guy...Sorry, not a fan of the player or the position.

Like I said Den, VT could not block Pitt's Ejuan Price (one of the NCAA's best pass rushers and most disruptive players). What did they do? They told Sam Rogers, "He's all yours." And the man delivered them play after play like this one:
giphy.gif

That game got me interested in Rogers.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I like the pick because we needed a real Fullback to run power sets with and block. He is also versitale and allows us to do fullback sneaks on those 3rd and ones we could never convert. Good pick

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Quick tape study tough versatile can do a bit of everything. Strangest thing ive seen on tape was him juking a UNC DB so bad on outside zone run he fell on the ground. Didn't see that coming at all.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Mercy, a no talent hack???? What else does he have to do, juggle flaming knives singing "proud to be an american"?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SlhGeR4zkk

love the music on this clip, he could be William Wallace's right hand man. Needs blue & white war paint.

*edit: #1 rated FB prospect, nice pick for round 6. Missed Madison Hedgecock when he left, one of my favorite Rams & so mad when he was shipped off to the NYG's, who used him very effectively IIRC. Haven't had an effective lead blocker since. FB's can be extremely versatile weapons out of the backfield, and can add that special "je ne sais quoi" to an offense like McVay's.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the pick because we needed a real Fullback to run power sets with and block. He is also versitale and allows us to do fullback sneaks on those 3rd and ones we could never convert. Good pick
And the lil Dude likes trickeration's....Fisher would have loved that rollout, FB pass 20 yards downfield

"Yo BRO, BACK OFF! That's my deal!
~Johnny Hekker