Roster cuts/trades around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would have offered a seventh for Davis Webb or Lauletta. Snead likes to horde late round picks though.

There are a bunch of surprise cuts just like every year, some were even former first rounders that many of us liked in the draft. Sometimes the NFL is just not a fit, either, mentally, emotionally or physically. When the Rams sucked, I could see craving many of these cutoffs, but this roster is very good.

Other than a good proven OLB, a better backup QB, or a depth piece at Corner or O line I don't see anyone that would upgrade our team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would have offered a seventh for Davis Webb or Lauletta. Snead likes to horde late round picks though.

Well, they liked Lauletta, as to Webb now being released, plus, in preseason, he looked scared compared to Lauletta who looked very confident. That's the issue with Mannion, he doesn't trust himself and checks down on every play. Webb's accuracy rate in college was 61.2%, but in preseason, he looked robotic in his decision making and when he threw the ball, it was predetermined despite the change in coverage.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Snead likes to horde late round picks....
I think it really gets his goat if somebody snatches a prime udfa out from under him.
His Scouts do such a great job of finding these udfa filler players and late rounders and now he knows he has the coaches to develop these guys out.

But you will notice that he only gives them a couple years to develop and then they're out with the old and in with the new udfas and late rounders.

A pretty consistent roster churning at the bottom end to see who they can develop out, which is really smart.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
http://nfltraderumors.co/full-list-of-waiver-claims/

List of players that were claimed off waivers yesterday. Vinny B. reported the Rams had put in claims on players, but were not awarded. Curious what players the Rams put claims on. Im sure it was not the punters or Donnal the former Ram. Guessing a couple of CB's or a pass rusher, maybe one of the QB's.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
http://nfltraderumors.co/full-list-of-waiver-claims/

List of players that were claimed off waivers yesterday. Vinny B. reported the Rams had put in claims on players, but were not awarded. Curious what players the Rams put claims on. Im sure it was not the punters or Donnal the former Ram. Guessing a couple of CB's or a pass rusher, maybe one of the QB's.
Clemmings and Hogan I'd wager. Need extra depth at OT. Hogan is an upgrade over Allen.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Snead showed it's possible to pick up plenty of late round picks during the dcraft. But getting a player, even a one year rental, to fill a hole you realize you have during training camp is probably the best use of late round picks. If they wanted one of the QBs that were traded or picked up on waivers in front of the Rams - well, the pickings are slim now. A future 7th would have made a big difference for the backup - and maybe even got somebody who has a couple of years to develop.

I guess they can get Lynch - but I'm not sure even McVay could do anything with him.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Who the hell is Nathan Peterman?

c3fda403-6421-46d6-adbf-2f95a42382c3_screenshot.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who the hell is Nathan Peterman?

Nathan Peterman is the gentleman in his first start against the Chargers threw 5 interceptions in his first career start....Bet the house on the Ravens as I have a feeling, it's going to be a long year in Western, NY.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nathan Peterman is the gentleman in his first start against the Chargers threw 5 interceptions in his first career start....Bet the house on the Ravens as I have a feeling, it's going to be a long year in Western, NY.
He’s looked better then Allen by a mile. I think the Bills will still be terrible, but Peterman didn’t get much help that game.

fearsomefour

Legend
He’s looked better then Allen by a mile. I think the Bills will still be terrible, but Peterman didn’t get much help that game.
He was all kinds of shook in the start he did get.
Betting the Ravens this week based on Peterman starting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Raiders cut David Sharpe. I'd actually be quite interested in him.