Rodney McLeod

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Which reinforces what I said. What good was having all of those extra picks, if the Rams weren't close to contending? It brought them from bottom dweller status to mediocre. It turned out to not really be the windfall that we hoped for. It takes more than a bunch of extra picks to make the team good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Agreed. The guys that are great athletes but need football training don't always pan out like hoped, and sometimes by the time they do, they have moved on. Bad model IMO. Picking a guy like GRob with such a high pick was dumb. Teams get projects like him in rounds two and three.

JackStraw

Rookie
What Rodney is doing with Philly doesn't surprise me one bit. He played really well last year, a guy who undoubtedly significantly improved every year he's been in the league. I have a hunch we lost McLeod because he wanted out and not because Ram's didn't make him a good offer.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And? we can't keep all our own...and it's a shame to develop a udfa to this level and lose him...not fair really...

I remember McLeod as a ST demon....and the blown coverage's with JJ....I don't think we've given up a TD of over 50 yards through the air this year....

McLeod is a nice lil player and deserves all the accolades he receives...

Well Inwanted to start a post on all the Free Agents The Rams have missed on with Snisher
Reynolds (cut)
Akers (cut)
Sesinbaugh(cut)
Foles(cut)
Long(cut)
-- What Free agents have The Rams hit On ??
--- Who have they let go into Free Agents ??
--Really sad how they don't add any Quality players on open market.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't really miss Jenkins or McLeod. In the first 7 games this season, we've allowed only two passes over 40 yards. They were a 53 yarder to Lockett and a 61 yarder to Taint. It seems like we had a 50+ yarder against us every other game with them in the secondary.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really sad how they don't add any Quality players on open market.
Yeah...lets look:
Cam Thomas
Easley
Mark Barron (I know he was obtained thru a trade)
Troy Hill
William Hayes
Kenny Britt
Case Keenum (ahahahahahahaah)
I think Tim Barnes was a FA pickup? Could be wrong...Anybody I missed????
Other than that, our philosophy of building through the draft is in place...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah...lets look:
Cam Thomas
Easley
Mark Barron (I know he was obtained thru a trade)
Troy Hill
William Hayes
Kenny Britt
Case Keenum (ahahahahahahaah)
I think Tim Barnes was a FA pickup? Could be wrong...Anybody I missed????
Other than that, our philosophy of building through the draft is in place...

Kenny & Hayes were solid pick ups.

Trade for Barron & Case

Troy Hill in season pick up last season.Cam & Easley were picked up after being released. D. Easley is a big pick up . -- Even better than Nick Farley who was a nice FA singing last year.

The price The Rams paid for Roger Saffold was plan silly.His value was way down after the Raiders reported his injury. Then of course he goes on injured reserve again. I''m a Saffold fan,but get a discounted contract.He walked .

Don't remember Joe Barksdale signing ?? Before Snisher ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams gave up a 4th & 6th for Mark Barron & a 7th rd pick Case Keenum.

Is it time to try to get a 6th or 7th for Case ??
The Rams are still in the playoff race.The NFC West is a open race . If the Panthers take care of Arizona ,The Rams are just in Hawks review mirror.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Well Inwanted to start a post on all the Free Agents The Rams have missed on with Snisher
Reynolds (cut)
Akers (cut)
Sesinbaugh(cut)
Foles(cut)
Long(cut)

What this OLine is missing is freakin' Garrett Reynolds

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Reynolds (cut)
Akers (cut)
Sesinbaugh(cut)
Foles(cut)
Long(cut)
There was nothing wrong with Ayers. He filled in nicely while we developed our own. Sensabaugh was someone they rolled the dice on and lost. Happens.
Foles melted down and now isn't playing, but no one foresaw that (not even you). Bradford couldn't be relied on anymore, and it was his trade that got the extra 2nd rounder, along with Foles, that subsequently allowed "Snisher" to go ahead and draft Jared Goff while still retaining enough picks to stock up on receiving talent. Jake Long? Just about every Rams fan was on board with that acquisition. Hindsight is 20/20 now, but he was a Pro Bowl LT. Shouldn't try to get one of those?

What free agents have they hit on? Kenny Britt. William Hayes. Dominique Easley. Mark Barron.

What's so sad about those 4 guys? Are you trying to suggest that the other 31 teams hit on 100% of their free agent acquisitions? And are you further suggesting that it's a bad thing that the Rams are building through the draft and developing their own players to the point that they become highly sought after free agents? Okay then. But try not to suggest that the Rams should somehow become the only team that's able to circumvent the cap and sign all of their own free agents AND add "quality" free agents at the same time.

Really just sounds like you wanna complain.
So, don't let me stop you.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There was nothing wrong with Ayers. He filled in nicely while we developed our own. Sensabaugh was someone they rolled the dice on and lost. Happens.
Foles melted down and now isn't playing, but no one foresaw that (not even you). Bradford couldn't be relied on anymore, and it was his trade that got the extra 2nd rounder, along with Foles, that subsequently allowed "Snisher" to go ahead and draft Jared Goff while still retaining enough picks to stock up on receiving talent. Jake Long? Just about every Rams fan was on board with that acquisition. Hindsight is 20/20 now, but he was a Pro Bowl LT. Shouldn't try to get one of those?

What free agents have they hit on? Kenny Britt. William Hayes. Dominique Easley. Mark Barron.

What's so sad about those 4 guys? Are you trying to suggest that the other 31 teams hit on 100% of their free agent acquisitions? And are you further suggesting that it's a bad thing that the Rams are building through the draft and developing their own players to the point that they become highly sought after free agents? Okay then. But try not to suggest that the Rams should somehow become the only team that's able to circumvent the cap and sign all of their own free agents AND add "quality" free agents at the same time.

Really just sounds like you wanna complain.
So, don't let me stop you.

Would have been nice have drafted a player like Derick Carr instead of the smallish Joyner, especially with Bradford coming of injury & contract coming up.

G. Rob pick should have been traded to Buffalo which would have been a gift that kept giving.

Britt vs Austin ? Why not give Kenny a better long term contract ?? Yes The Rams signing of Britt was excellent.He has been a leader grown up to be a solid veteran.--I like Austin but not trading up for him & not a long term deal at this point.--Like you said The Rams have to think about CAP .
D.Easley was a pretty easy decision once NE realized him.They went after Coples for gosh sakes .
Aykers another one of those Titants. I guess Fisher likes players he knows ??

I liked Foles, I like Case. The franchise is totally invested in Jared Goff. I'' m a Rams fan , Fisher losses to many close games.7-9 ?? Of course I think they can go 9-7. Tru Johnson being hurt has really hurt the D''. I have a play for The Rams over 7 1/2.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hindsight is 20/20 but why did we give tavon so much money as opposed to jenkins and McCleod? Couldn't tavon and Coty's money had gone to retaining them?
I do like McLeod but in this defense I don't think he would be much better than the current guys. Finding a player like tavon is a lot harder than developing a safety for this defense

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Agreed. The guys that are great athletes but need football training don't always pan out like hoped, and sometimes by the time they do, they have moved on. Bad model IMO. Picking a guy like GRob with such a high pick was dumb. Teams get projects like him in rounds two and three.
From a larger financial picture of managing assets available under a salary cap, that is unmistakably true.

Heck even when you consider how fantasy football and stardom affects your inbound revenue, you have to balance that with results.

I understand the hate, but the Patriots don't acquire stars, they manufacture them.

Different philosophy I think.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From a larger financial picture of managing assets available under a salary cap, that is unmistakably true.

Heck even when you consider how fantasy football and stardom affects your inbound revenue, you have to balance that with results.

I understand the hate, but the Patriots don't acquire stars, they manufacture them.

Different philosophy I think.

Too bad Fisher doesn't seem to get it. Why are there only a handful of organizations, and even more so, Coaches that understand it. And among 32 of them there is only one that consistently transcends the model of success being directly tangential to the number and quality of stars on the roster. Instead his system, as you said, manufactures them. Fisher has been a coach longer than Belichick and can't even seem to put a playoff team on the field, despite accumulating a supposed plethora of talent.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Too bad Fisher doesn't seem to get it. Why are there only a handful of organizations, and even more so, Coaches that understand it. And among 32 of them there is only one that consistently transcends the model of success being directly tangential to the number and quality of stars on the roster. Instead his system, as you said, manufactures them. Fisher has been a coach longer than Belichick and can't even seem to put a playoff team on the field, despite accumulating a supposed plethora of talent.
That is exactly where my personal frustration with Fisher stems from.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That is exactly where my personal frustration with Fisher stems from.

He has been given every chance to succeed . It's been how many season he has had a chance to have a winning season ?? W/ The Rams ??

It just gets tiring of the same old BS !! When you lead the league in penalties every season , proves poor coaching.

Rodney should have been signed to a long term contract the season before last by The Rams !! They had him as a restricted FA .
J. Jenkins they could have had signed last season as well,but allowed him to test the market.Once they hit the market it didn't make sense to sign for high$$ dollars.
Signing Saffold after he left for such a big contract was silly.
I like the fact how The Rams have drafted by position. It helps add depth & secures missing on a player high on draft board. -- EJ GAINES was a player am proud The Rams drafted. Wichmann & Jamon Brown as well.
--Tru Johnson & Gains w/ Mo & McDonald should be fun to watch.
--Trading up for Joyner still bothers me & to think for a draft pick better than EJ Gaines selection.