Rodney McLeod

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Rodney Mcleod is on pace for…

115 tackles, 8 INT’s, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

He averages 7 tackles a game, leads all safeties with 3 INTs, and is ALWAYS around the ball, which for a single high safety is very impressive. The range. I'm happy for him! And glad he is having a career year!

Likely first ever pro bowl birth coming..

HellRam

Starter
I hated the fact we broke up the McSafeties. I thought the Eagles got a bargain for one of the NFL's better Safeties. Mcleod was one of my favorite Rams, one of the few players who showed up every week.

That said Mo Alexander has been really solid at FS for the Rams this season. Especially considering this is his first year starting. Mo's got some upside at the position, hopefully he develops just like Rodney did.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hindsight is 20/20 but why did we give tavon so much money as opposed to jenkins and McCleod? Couldn't tavon and Coty's money had gone to retaining them?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And? we can't keep all our own...and it's a shame to develop a udfa to this level and lose him...not fair really...

I remember McLeod as a ST demon....and the blown coverage's with JJ....I don't think we've given up a TD of over 50 yards through the air this year....

McLeod is a nice lil player and deserves all the accolades he receives...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, why didn't he get those interceptions with the Rams? Scheme? I recall he and JJ blaming each other for missed assignments. Maybe the Eagles play a more simplified scheme and it suits him much better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And? we can't keep all our own...and it's a shame to develop a udfa to this level and lose him...not fair really...

I remember McLeod as a ST demon....and the blown coverage's with JJ....I don't think we've given up a TD of over 50 yards through the air this year....

McLeod is a nice lil player and deserves all the accolades he receives...

I often think of this and it keeps coming back to having a lot of extra draft picks or being able to develop an UDFA doesn't mean a whole lot unless a team is close to being a playoff contender. Look at the RGIII trade. How much is remaining on the team after all of those extra picks? How many will be on the team by the time the Rams reach the playoffs? Did it really do much good? Maybe without some of those picks the Rams retain McLeod or some other free agent that may end up moving on.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

He averages 7 tackles a game, leads all safeties with 3 INTs, and is ALWAYS around the ball, which for a single high safety is very impressive. The range. I'm happy for him! And glad he is having a career year!

I cease being that interested with a guy when he leaves the team, for whatever reason....I guess I understand, but it's not for me...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, I, for one, don't miss JJ and McCleod pointing fingers at each other after giving up a long TD. Tru, EJ and Mo have stepped up.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Some guys don't fit into schemes and need to be in one they're more comfortable with. Football isn't like Madden where if a guy has a high rating it just instantly makes everything better. Football is as much about putting guys in a way to succeed as talent.

Remember how everyone wondered why Carriker sucked as a Ram then suddenly he left the 4-3 and went to the skins and their 3-4 like he was used to and he suddenly could play?

JerseyRam1

Rookie
What?? When did Carriker actually do anything with the Redskins? Not many average to below average players left the Rams and all of a sudden could play. The ones that were good and left stayed pretty consistent. McCleod would be one of them. I know Philly is thrilled to have him and that new QB we passed on.

Remember how everyone wondered why Carriker sucked as a Ram then suddenly he left the 4-3 and went to the skins and their 3-4 like he was used to and he suddenly could play?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This is exactly why our ground game is going. It's not the OL but the blocking scheme. This is the same OL we had last year when Gurley ran wild.

lockdnram21

Legend
Well, I, for one, don't miss JJ and McCleod pointing fingers at each other after giving up a long TD. Tru, EJ and Mo have stepped up.
This is funny... Tru had 1 good game vs no name receivers. He got torched by Evans and can't seem to stay healthy.. Mo has been ok none of them are on those 2 level

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't miss McLeod one bit. Our safety play has been good this year. An secondary problems are directly related to health of the corners. I am leaning at this point to our first two picks next year being a corner and an end.

…..

Legend
Glad for McCloud....but not going to wallow in self pitty. Look forward, not behind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Good for McLeod. I'm not missing him, though. I'm missing Jenkins.