ROD Pick 19 Poll (Pre-Combine Edition)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At pick No. 19, the Rams select:

• Laita Latu, EDGE, UCLA

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Jared Verse, EDGE, FSU

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

• Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL, Oregon

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

• Someone else (specify below)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Trade (up or down)

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters

PARAM

Hall of Fame
“We could do worse than Verse”

That’s kinda catchy.
Yes it is. But he has that kind of name. Pick Verse, end up in first.

When it comes to our rivalry with SF. Don't be a-Verse to ending the curse.

:laugh2:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Just out of curiosity, let's say we get Hunter in FA, do people still want an edge here?

What if we get Z'Darius Smith in FA? Does that change the equation?
Not for me. We have Young and he still has work to do. Sign a UFA edge for what, 3 years? Grab Verse in the first for 5 years. Young and the UFA's contract ends the same year. Re-sign one to stay with Verse? Can never have too many quality pass rushers.

AD will probably be retired when those contracts are up.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Just out of curiosity, let's say we get Hunter in FA, do people still want an edge here?

What if we get Z'Darius Smith in FA? Does that change the equation?
I'd go for the best CB in that situation. Cupboard is bare there for the most part. I'm confident Young will keep improving.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd go for the best CB in that situation. Cupboard is bare there for the most part. I'm confident Young will keep improving.
I will say, after Verse at edge, I think there are a few CBs available that are superior picks to what's there at edge.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If we stay at 19, the value sure seems like it’s at CB. Obviously that’s one of our big needs too.
Of course, draft day could play out differently. Not to mention, Rams board may look vastly different than we what expect.
Trade back is a real option - just depends on Rams board. Guesswork at this point. Fun but meaningless.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Don't quit your day-job.
Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If we stay at 19, the value sure seems like it’s at CB. Obviously that’s one of our big needs too.
Of course, draft day could play out differently. Not to mention, Rams board may look vastly different than we what expect.
Trade back is a real option - just depends on Rams board. Guesswork at this point. Fun but meaningless.
Quite right. Did I hear right, there are only 20 guys with a first round grade? Does that sound right? If it is, then a trade down is not only possible but smart.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Is that legit your top corner? If so, what do you think makes him the best CB in this class?

I’m basing this on two things:
1) not sure if CDJ is destined to play safety or not. If so, I’d rather have a #1 CB, which Lassiter would be on this team. It would impact our secondary more than a starting Safety.
2) I don’t think Mitchell is gonna be there at #19. Too much press out there on him now. The small school stuff won’t dissuade every CB needy team in front of the Rams. Wiggins is also a goner by #19 if every mock, pundit, and Ramsondemand poster is correct. Lassiter is gonna go 1rst or early 2nd IMO.
He’s got size, speed, and most of all, the production.

Then there’s the CB vs Edge thing.

I would gladly take Verse should he fall, but that’s not too realistic. After him, I’m not that impressed with the pass rushers being pegged as 1rst rounders. I’d rather draft a guy like Darius Robinson over someone like Latu.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
yeah i voted DeJean.

Besides being a Feak athlete- built like a shit brick house, Jalen Ramsey height but much more muscular, 40 plus vertical leap.

He is also an elite punt returner.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted Mitchell but wouldn't have a problem with any of those CB.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Quite right. Did I hear right, there are only 20 guys with a first round grade? Does that sound right? If it is, then a trade down is not only possible but smart.
Feel like that determination won't happen for a few weeks and at least until medicals come in. But most drafts do not have enough 1st round picks to fill out the 1st round, FWIW.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I’m basing this on two things:
1) not sure if CDJ is destined to play safety or not. If so, I’d rather have a #1 CB, which Lassiter would be on this team. It would impact our secondary more than a starting Safety.
2) I don’t think Mitchell is gonna be there at #19. Too much press out there on him now. The small school stuff won’t dissuade every CB needy team in front of the Rams. Wiggins is also a goner by #19 if every mock, pundit, and Ramsondemand poster is correct. Lassiter is gonna go 1rst or early 2nd IMO.
He’s got size, speed, and most of all, the production.

Then there’s the CB vs Edge thing.

I would gladly take Verse should he fall, but that’s not too realistic. After him, I’m not that impressed with the pass rushers being pegged as 1rst rounders. I’d rather draft a guy like Darius Robinson over someone like Latu.
Darius definitely going late 1st. No Kool-Aid for you?

And wait, other than the fact that CDJ can play safety, why not play him at outside corner where he's dominated? (I mean, I'd like him in the Star role, he's perfect for it).

Memphis Ram

Legend
if Latu is available at #19 and checks out medically, I can't see how the Rams pass on him.

That is, not unless Brock Bowers was still on the board.

But watch them trade the pick for Brian Burns.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
if Latu is available at #19 and checks out medically, I can't see how the Rams pass on him.

That is, not unless Brock Bowers was still on the board.

But watch them trade the pick for Brian Burns.
That would have to be part of the equation.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
How many white running backs are there? One happens to be the best in the NFL right now. Not sure why one couldn't play a position dominated by blacks. It can happen.
I get what you are saying, but in reality, it's rare as hell. Not saying it can't be so by the way, but I understand why someone would feel that way. I'm just gonna wait and see who we draft and how they do before judging or listening to my ball tingles hahaha