ROD Pick 19 Poll (Pre-Combine Edition)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At pick No. 19, the Rams select:

• Laita Latu, EDGE, UCLA

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Jared Verse, EDGE, FSU

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

• Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL, Oregon

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

• Someone else (specify below)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Trade (up or down)

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Let’s see who ROD believes will be the Rams’ selection at #19. I’ve included some of the players I’ve seen in mocks from draft analysts.

If you choose the write-in option, list a player who you believe could be there at #19.

If you select the trade option, let us know if you expect a trade up or down.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fautanu’s first name, of course, is Troy (can’t seem to edit poll choices).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Latu is that player who has the potential to go supernova next to AD if he were to fall to us. I know it won't happen but if it does... :explode1:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Latu is that player who has the potential to go supernova next to AD if he were to fall to us. I know it won't happen but if it does... :explode1:
Agreed. He’s a guy I really want, but don’t expect, to see at #19.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
If they like him -Bo Nix. Feel the need to address future starting QB in this draft. He’s an elusive athlete with wheels but needs some work on mechanics. Great opportunity to sit behind MS for a year or two. Landing a young starting QB in FA or trade is next to impossible.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is completely NOT politically correct to say... but I don't give a shit about that.

I would not want to draft a white CB in the first round. Hell, I'm not convinced I'd want to have one period.

That is why I'm saying HELL NO to Dejean Cooper. Let somebody else cross their fingers and hope for the best with him.

I'm not a big draft guru... but I've seen this cat play and I've taken note of the QBs he's had to work against in college. He's a big NO for me.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think its premature to look for Stafford's heir apparent. Our window is opening this year. We need to fill other positions in order to reach our goal over the next couple years. As with the 2021 season we are win now mode.

My first choice would be Cooper Dejean. I think he has to tools to be a very good corner. He closes fast in coverage. A willing tackler. And he can return punts.

Free agency will give us a better indication of who they target in the draft. They could try and shore up the offensive line if they sign and edge and corner next month. Although I'd still prefer DeJean as I think he can anchor one side of the secondary for years to come.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is completely NOT politically correct to say... but I don't give a shit about that.

I would not want to draft a white CB in the first round. Hell, I'm not convinced I'd want to have one period.

That is why I'm saying HELL NO to Dejean Cooper. Let somebody else cross their fingers and hope for the best with him.

I'm not a big draft guru... but I've seen this cat play and I've taken note of the QBs he's had to work against in college. He's a big NO for me.
How many white running backs are there? One happens to be the best in the NFL right now. Not sure why one couldn't play a position dominated by blacks. It can happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He is definitely an outlier in that way. And with any outlier you need to be sure you are doing that diligence.

This is why I say if you think he is a safety you take him a bit later.

But if the kid kills his 40 and you think he is a scheme fit at corner then I'm fine with it.

dang

Legend
If they were both available- My heart says Dejuan but my head says Wiggins.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect a trade down - to late in the first and a 2nd day pick. That just seems to be the m.o.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?

1708535929385.jpeg

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Not a draft forecaster.... however, here's a (relatively) local prospect.
Firm believer is road graders.... up front.

Takiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Latu for me. Best pass rusher in the draft AND was extremely good in pass coverage. Can't think of a better immediate upgrade to Hoecht then plugging Latu in. Now, that being said, it looks like FA can offer us a decent edge to sign prior to the draft, whereas the CB FA class is more then a bit lackluster, so we may need to go CB. If we sign an edge, I'm all aboard the DeJean train. White, black, orange, purple it doesn't matter. The cat can play. As I've mentioned before, if he doesn't cut it as a CB or our star (highly doubt this), then he has all the makings of a All Pro level safety. IMO that warrants a pick at 19 every day of the week.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
How many white running backs are there? One happens to be the best in the NFL right now. Not sure why one couldn't play a position dominated by blacks. It can happen.

I get it Brudda.

I played RB and CB in HS. I was also the only "white" guy who started on the B-Ball team and I could dunk with both hands back then. I should point out that I'm 25% Red though to be fair. I want to believe though...

But I still can't convince myself... especially at the NFL level. There's always that 1 super rare exception like CMC, but I'm not a gambling man. Maybe this cat's combine numbers will help me get closer to believing... but the last faster than fuck white dude we brought in that I was dumb enough to believe in Crouch was the nail in the coffin for me. I know he wasn't a CB, but same deal basically and he knew he couldn't do it and just gave the fuck up and quit.

I'm a strong NO on him. Exception ain't the rule. Let somebody else roll the dice.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Of those options, Verse. I prefer Turner, but he probably won’t reach us and I don’t want to give up draft picks to trade up.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I say that Les is going to trade down. I agree with Akrasian that it will down to a late first or early second round pick.
You heard it here first!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Mark my words Eric Crouch gonna be a Hall of Famer wooooo!"
~ @Selassie I back in the day

Ellard80

Legend
I get it Brudda.

I played RB and CB in HS. I was also the only "white" guy who started on the B-Ball team and I could dunk with both hands back then. I should point out that I'm 25% Red though to be fair. I want to believe though...

But I still can't convince myself... especially at the NFL level. There's always that 1 super rare exception like CMC, but I'm not a gambling man. Maybe this cat's combine numbers will help me get closer to believing... but the last faster than fuck white dude we brought in that I was dumb enough to believe in Crouch was the nail in the coffin for me. I know he wasn't a CB, but same deal basically and he knew he couldn't do it and just gave the fuck up and quit.

I'm a strong NO on him. Exception ain't the rule. Let somebody else roll the dice.
Yeah being apprehensive because he is white - sure I get that.

A "strong no" because he is white - that's a step too far.

Experts have him in the 1st round, if he wasn't "athletic" enough he wouldn't be up there,