Richard Sherman's unsolicited advice!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My boss would fire me if I was a distraction to my essential mission, was mediocre at what I do, and alienated and insulted the majority of our clients. Especially with lies and distortions.

He would analyze his investment in me, recognize my right to free speech, and invite me to exercise it elsewhere.

What lies did Kap say what distortions did Kap say lol everything he said was the truth maybe it's not your truth but FBI data and every city and county in America data backs up the same numbers. It's also true that the National anthem was written by a guy that hated black people. You talking about clients 80 percent of the NFL is black if every black player boycotted the NFL then what you think they go give a shit about them clients then. We all know of Kap was to play and started winning all that would be swept under the rug like it always do

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Without looking can any of you name the other players who supported Keapernicks actions by also kneeling?

How do you feel about Robert Quinn raising his right fist in the traditional "black power" salute for the entire season? Did it bother you or did you not know he was doing it because NOBODY in the 2nd largest media market bothered to inform fans that he was protesting too. Yet the LA media covered Kaepernick didn't they. Players all over the NFL knelt or raised fists during the anthem. Yet only Keapernick got covered by the media.

This is from an article about the protests. As an aside Anthony Ervin is a white guy.

Overall, at least 49 NFL players from 13 NFL teams have knelt, sat, or raised a fist during the national anthem on game day. Three teams have linked arms or held hands as a sign of unity amidst the racial discord.

ME: can you name ONE?

The protests aren’t just confined to the NFL, either.

Fourteen WNBA players from three teams protested in the playoffs. Star soccer player Megan Rapinoe took a knee during the anthem during a NWSL game, and later when representing the U.S. national team. Gold medal swimmer Anthony Ervin raised a fist as the anthem played during a meet in Brazil. Eight NBA teams have joined arms in unity. Even national anthem singers are taking a knee.

This is a big deal IMO because it got the conversation going and I don't care how pissed off white people are about it. And I'm white. It put focus on something that needed focus. There have been riots when police had legit reasons for shooting a black person and I'm not cool with that and find it disgusting and just a erason for people to riot and loot. But I've seen enough in my life to know that black people are treated badly too often.

This isn't something that was just made up for fun, it's a legit problem in the US. There is more conversation about race relations now and that's not a bad thing.

For what it's worth I think Keapernick is a douche, but he's right.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The difference between Stallworth and the others was that Stallworth was genuinely remorseful for what he did, especially right after the fact. He stayed with the victim and called 911. He went to jail willingly when he could've fought for probation. He paid the victim's family as well, so I have no problems with Stallworth.

Hardy was never remorseful. Vick was only remorseful after he got caught and served hard time.
Remorse only goes so far though. He was driving drunk but I'm glad that he did feel bad. Either way, fans seem to be completely okay with watching football knowing that we have quote a few law breakers/ drug abusers but Colin uses free speech and an entire country rallies against him. It seems backwards to me

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Employers have alot of control over what you wear, say and how you act! You are representing them, it's their image and their dime! You dont like, get another job! Especially a multi million dollar job! i'd stand on my head and spit wooden nickels for the kind of money and opportunities they have available!
While this is true, it's sad that Jerry Jones would cut players for protesting but will sign a player who was accused of beating his girlfriend and then drafted a player who was accused of sexual assault

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Richard Sherman is right. Kaepernick did nothing wrong. People always criticize the way protesting is done. It's too violent. It's too disruptive. Kaepernick protested in a way that was none of those things. He protested in the manner that people demanded. He didn't disrupt. He never got violent. He didn't trample on anyone else's rights. He asserted his constitutional rights as an American.

There are consequences to speech, especially when employed. The owners have the legal right to do what they're doing, but that doesn't make it morally right. People sometimes have to make sacrifices for standing up for their beliefs. Kaepernick seems like he'll be added to that list. He's good enough to play in the NFL today. Whether or not you agree with his cause, I think you should respect his right to stand up for his beliefs. That's what makes America the amazing country it is.

I don't agree with Kaepernick on every issue, but I do agree with how he has conducted himself throughout all of this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol your logic doesn't make sense, when does making a stand on something cause you to lose your job, what if you worked a factory job and it was too hot and so you took a stand and said give me more water until then I'm not working and your job fire you, I bet you would be on the phone with a lawyer talking about wrongful termination. You can keep trying to down play this all you want it doesn't change the fact that he isn't playing not because he can't or isn't good enough he isn't playing because he is a black man that decided to take a stance it's that simple

Better use of your example would be if you "took a stand" against your state's unfair hiring rules by picketing for the first 15 minutes of your factory job every day out in front in the street.

You call that making it about you. You call it using the position you're being paid to perform to serve your own needs.

But it's cool man, I get where you're coming from, just a completely different perspective.

nighttrain

Legend
Only issue i have is that i'm NOT totally convinced Kaepernick is talented enough to play in the NFL, he is not a starting QB, and quite frankly, wouldn't want his as a backup.
train

Ramzheart

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When ypu
And that's exactly what he's doing. So kneeling is worse then being accused for rape 2 times or domestic violence or actually killing people by drunk driving gtfoh, people get upset when somebody telling the truth about how freaked up the justice system is. Racist ass National anthem

It's called when you own a business you get to decide how to run it period. Billy Bush got fired from what was it ABC for laughing at a comment Trump made, and Trump gets made President?! Life isnt always fair or just!

I have no doubt Kaepernick work in the NFL again.

Did you really say racist ass National anthem, am i misreading that?!!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only issue i have is that i'm NOT totally convinced Kaepernick is talented enough to play in the NFL, he is not a starting QB, and quite frankly, wouldn't want his as a backup.
train
That would be fine if that was the reason why he wasn't playing but when you have multiple owners more worried about the fans response then whether he can help out the team then you have your answer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And that's exactly what he's doing. So kneeling is worse then being accused for rape 2 times or domestic violence or actually killing people by drunk driving gtfoh, people get upset when somebody telling the truth about how freaked up the justice system is. Racist ass National anthem

I would cut a player immediately if they were involved in a rape case. Domestic violence same thing.

And now the national anthem is racist too? I can see why you wanted this dialogue locked and you're doin a good job of getting it there congrats.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When ypu

It's called when you own a business you get to decide how to run it period. Billy Bush got fired from what was it ABC for laughing at a comment Trump made, and Trump gets made President?! Life isnt always fair or just!

I have no doubt Kaepernick work in the NFL again.

Did you really say racist ass National anthem, am i misreading that?!!

No you're not misreading that, do you know anything of the National anthem besides the first verse do you know the origin of that poem if you did then you would agree with what I said.

That's why you have labor laws to protect employees that's one reason why the NFL is a private company with their anti trust laws to avoid being governed like other businesses

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lol your logic doesn't make sense, when does making a stand on something cause you to lose your job, what if you worked a factory job and it was too hot and so you took a stand and said give me more water until then I'm not working and your job fire you, I bet you would be on the phone with a lawyer talking about wrongful termination. You can keep trying to down play this all you want it doesn't change the fact that he isn't playing not because he can't or isn't good enough he isn't playing because he is a black man that decided to take a stance it's that simple
Not that simple. His employer pays him millions of dollars to play a game for 6 months max per year. They are treated by good physicians and trainers all the while and have opportunities that 99% of the population will never have. Hardly the slave conditions you are clearly trying to describe above. Tebow got the same treatment for the same reason. Bringing unwanted media attention to the locker room....and he was only guilty of being a "white guy that promoted his faith". The talent gap between Tebow and Krappydick is a lot smaller than most will admit, so I don't want to hear that argument either.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would cut a player immediately if they were involved in a rape case. Domestic violence same thing.

And now the national anthem is racist too? I can see why you wanted this dialogue locked and you're doin a good job of getting it there congrats.
Lol what do you know about the National anthem??!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that simple. Apples and oranges to what you describe later actually. His employer pays him millions of dollars to play a game for 6 months max per year. They are treated by good physicians and trainers all the while and have opportunities that 99% of the population will never have. Hardly the slave conditions you are clearly trying to describe above. Tebow got the same treatment for the same reason. Bringing unwanted media attention to the locker room....and he was only guilty of being a "white guy that promoted his faith". The talent gap between Tebow and Krappydick is a lot smaller than most will admit, so I don't want to hear that argument either.

Lol here we go with that million dollar excuse and how much are the owners getting paid. That's the equivalent of share cropping or perhaps a history lesson is needed.

And when Tebow was not getting work in the league you had every religious group white and black calling for him to get work you had networks calling for him and he had chances with multiple other teams to show he could play and if he would have switched positions he would still be playing

Mick

Pro Bowler
... It's also true that the National anthem was written by a guy that hated black people. ...
Sorry man, gotta disagree with this statement. I just recently read the first biography on Key written in the past 75 years, and it doesn't come off as a portrait of a man that "hated" blacks. He definitely thought of them as inferior ( a very common belief during that period of time), and felt it was his right to own slaves, but he also risked his life defending them, both in court and staring down a mob bent on lynching a man before due process. I highly recommend the book. I don't give a fuck about Kap and his situation, as he has every right to take a knee, just as owners have every right to say they don't want that on their sideline. I just wish he wasn't so fucking brain dead as to wear a shirt with Fidel Castro on it while protesting the "oppression" of people. I mean come on man, crack a book or google that shit first...would make ya look less the fool. Just my .02...I'll show myself out thanks.

nighttrain

Legend
Kaepernick's a bum who's out of a job because he sucked on the field.

Now the reason he hasn't gotten any backup offers or depth offers in camp is a nice life lesson that there are repercussions for one's actions, in this case many teams don't want the drama around him and what he chose to do.

But I'm sure there are guys who want to make it more than it is, try to use it as some sort of sinister example of rampant racism in our country. Whatever. Hope he stays the F out of football.
as a pro QB, he is a bum
sure as heck ain't about race!
train

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry man, gotta disagree with this statement. I just recently read the first biography on Key written in the past 75 years, and it doesn't come off as a portrait of a man that "hated" blacks. He definitely thought of them as inferior ( a very common belief during that period of time), and felt it was his right to own slaves, but he also risked his life defending them, both in court and staring down a mob bent on lynching a man before due process. I highly recommend the book. I don't give a freak about Kap and his situation, as he has every right to take a knee, just as owners have every right to say they don't want that on their sideline. I just wish he wasn't so freaking brain dead as to wear a shirt with Fidel Castro on it while protesting the "oppression" of people. I mean come on man, crack a book or google that crap first...would make ya look less the fool. Just my .02...I'll show myself out thanks.

Read the second stanza of his poem, make me look less like a fool you look like someone cherry picking what you want to know. He didn't risk his life for no black man in fact he stated he wanted to send them all back to Africa in fact in that very poem he said no quarter for the Hiriling or the slave the only blacks he couldn't do anything about was the free blacks the ones that joined on the promise of freedom that never got it after the war maybe you want to look up the real history because we all know his-story

Status
Not open for further replies.