RG3 Very much interested in the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Sorry folks but I have a problem with QB's who have a history of having knee problems. Gee, I wonder why? This player is a wreck both physically and mentally. If it was otherwise the Redskins would have not only kept him but started him last season.

Then also how to explain why he hasn't been signed by another team already. Maybe NFL coaches, GM's, players, and owners know something we don't know.

My guess is that some just want the Rams to do something, anything. If RGIII is signed by the Rams, I predict it will not end well for him, the team, and the fanbase.

Perhaps you're right, but at least it might soften the monotony of losing seasons while providing the sort of entertainment LA has become accustom...nothing like the drama of dueling QB's or something of that sort. If I sound pessimistic, it's because I am...not just about needing a viable QB or a #1 receiver, but the entire direction of this team as it goes through ridiculous amounts of distraction and instability.

This is a bit off topic, but has anyone considered just how disruptive the next 3 seasons are going to be? Just consider the travel this team will experience this year, it's mind boggling....
From St. Louis, to Oxnard (OTA's) , to Irvine (preseason), to Thousand Oaks (wkly practices) then back and forth between T-.Oaks and Los Angeles to play a game (imagine the ride back if you're injured) and that's just for home games!!! Isn't there also a European game scheduled as well? Just when or where does this team get comfortable or feel it belongs? Maybe they should just rename themselves the So. Cal. Rams. :baghead:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Imagine not being able to post a winning record with all of *their* draft picks, and compounding it by not being able to win with all of *their* draft picks, AND the player they took instead of all those draft picks. Fisher wouldn't be able to get a job coaching Pop Warner for the all-girl Pahokee Peaches under 13 team. Never gonna happen.

The question I have is.....could Fisher post a winning record with the Pahokee Peaches if he got the job?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 67]Screenshot_2016-03-11-12-03-49 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM[/GALLERY]

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Doesn't make a ton of sense for the Rams.

Snead and Fisher have repeatedly said they want stability at the position. It wouldn't make sense for them to completely go against that philosophy and get a guy who has yet to finish a NFL season healthy.

RamBill

Legend
Should the Rams Show interest in RG3?

According to sources, Robert Griffin III is showing interest in coming to Los Angeles. Kelvin and Travis of ESPN710 examine the pros and cons of the possibility.

Listen to RG3 Discussion

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
hard to figure, but if Fisher doesnt put a winner on the field real soon, it's hit the road time, AND SOON IS RIGHT NOW
train
If he can still be the coach after these past four years he is never going to get fired.
Yahoo sports Just reported that the Rams are sitting tight on qb's and aren't looking at RG3. I honestly don't understand this franchise.
All I can say is if "sitting tight" doesn't mean they are planning on trading up then I have no clue how they think they can win next year. Unless Mannion is the real deal.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
RGIII signed for a year prove-it deal, pay if you play kinda deal with a big payoff if we make the playoffs with him as a starter would be a good move in my opinion. The guy has upside, if we can keep our sack numbers down low again next year there is less risk involved also. I still like the idea of TAI, TGII & RGIII in the Rams backfield, who does the defence focus on? It would be fun watching...

Edit: Bring him in, let he, Keenum and Mannion slug it out, if RGIII owns the position then we have a serviceable backup in Keenum AND our developmental guy ALREADY on the roster...

I'd rather sign Thurston Howell III than RG III, to be honest. I just think it would set us back, and be a distraction having that guy on the team. And I believe he is too brittle for this league.

Throw in His wife Lovie, to boot.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Not worried about his character. Most everyone acts like an entitled jerk at that age. It's his mangled up knees, his inability to read opposing defenses, and the fact that his own team turned against him that worries me. How embarrassing was it to invest that much in one player and then have to admit you totally screwed up? How many red flags do we need before we stay far away from this player?

It's interesting to me that both RGIII and Sam Bradford both played well during their rookie seasons and then gradually fell apart both physically and mentally. Neither one is the same player he once was and that wasn't all that long ago.
It's your last paragraph that makes me want to take a chance on RG3. That rookie season was incredible nothing like Bradford. It's the same reason I liked the idea of trading for Foles those two played at a level that Bradford can only dream of. Plus I can't see any way of getting one of the top 2 QBs in the draft without giving up all our picks.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's your last paragraph that makes me want to take a chance on RG3. That rookie season was incredible nothing like Bradford. It's the same reason I liked the idea of trading for Foles those two played at a level that Bradford can only dream of. Plus I can't see any way of getting one of the top 2 QBs in the draft without giving up all our picks.
what the heck, sign him to an incentive ladened contract and let him try out. worst thing that happens is that are gee three remains unemployed. there's always the arena football league.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
After what the rams got from that RG3 trade, it'd be hilarious if they got him for cheap, and he became a STUD. i'd DIE from lol.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Wouldnt hurt to have a meeting with RG3. Not like we have a franchise QB on our roster. Wouldnt hurt to bring him in on a prove it deal and have a QB battle with Keenum. You cant win the lottery if you dont buy a ticket.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think he ends up with the NY Jets.

Take that, @flv

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he ends up with the NY Jets.

Take that, @flv

I concur....Kaepernick to the Browns, RGIII to the Jets, Fitzpatrick to the Broncos and Rams trade up to 6 for Carson Wentz and everybody's happy.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I concur....Kaepernick to the Browns, RGIII to the Jets, Fitzpatrick to the Broncos and Rams trade up to 6 for Carson Wentz and everybody's happy.

I'd be happy with that as well. I don't know what we would have to give up to get to 6 though. Wentz is no guarantee.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Wentz at 6? Wake me up I must be dreaming.