Rex Ryan to interview with the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/falcons-49ers-to-interview-rex-ryan/

I hope they don't go this route. I actually think Rex is a good coach. I'm hoping they go the McDaniel route.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Donald would end up being ultrapumped for every Niners game ever...

Lesson

Oh, really?
g_linehan_275.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Be Shocked if the 49ers went in this direction, they just went through so much drama....I see Rexy going to Oakland and taking his brother Rob with him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Be Shocked if the 49ers went in this direction, they just went through so much drama....I see Rexy going to Oakland and taking his brother Rob with him.
I'd rather see them both right here in this division.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That guy is easy to dislike. Arians can't hold a candle to smack talk like this guy.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Can't see Trent Baalke going out and getting another Alpha male HC, that being said hiring Rex Ryan would be my worst nightmare, he's the one guy (imo) who could actually make dumping Harbaugh work for SF

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

That way... they can start sharing a toothbrush again.

If you missed it, Fisher revealed this tidbit in his Buffalo Wild Wings Show last night. Apparently he witnessed this back when he played for their father in Chicago and the twins were hanging around the team. Those boys are apparently very close.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Bring in Rex and that disaster of an OC, Marty Morningweg. Marty gained fame in the Bay Area as an incredible High School QB about 35 years ago and was coached by none other than Mike Holmgren. MM has milked that for all it's worth.

Rex + Marty = complete 49er implosion

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Please, Please, Please, Please! He ran the Jets into the ground. I would love for him to do the same to the whiners! LOL!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Don't think that would work. Rex runs a 4-3 and Rob runs a 3-4, AFAIK.

....unless you're talking tongue in cheek here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why people think Rex is an alpha male, he's anything but.
He's had no say in personnel here in ny and has been a glorified yes man as it pertains to the offensive side of the ball.
He's a perfect fit in Atlanta if they keep Koetter as OC

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
49ers are stupid if they don't promote Vic Fangio. He's perfect HC material.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
As good as he is with defenses he is the exact opposite for offenses. Can anyone name a good offensive player Rex developed over his years in NY?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ryan to San Francisco would be a disaster for them.

Balke will pick a guy that he can control, or thinks he likes and it wont work well.

Fangio is a defensive coordinator and not a head coach IMO. I think he will be in over his head. The best coaches have a good grasp of both sides of the ball. From the one report that the owner really didn't like the bad PR from having his players in the paper and feeling that Harbaugh was not as concerned as he should be, maybe he and Balke go with a disciplinarian type of coach.

Whomever they choose, I think they will find it is not easy to replace a good coach.