Report: Los Angeles Rams Star Aaron Donald could skip minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Suppose you outperform your contract, even grossly outperform it? This is how the Horns lost ED, by being stingy with the best in the league at their position.
Suppose you underperform your contract, even grossly underperform it? Is the player going to give money back? Not bloody likely... A contract is a binding agreement. Both parties may, or may not, attempt to renegotiate at any point. But, during that time the contract is still valid and both parties need to abide by the contract. My perspective was the same back in the Dickerson situation as well and it'll likely stay the same in future situations. It's my belief that it is the right way to do it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Suppose you underperform your contract, even grossly underperform it?
You are correct about contracts being binding...however, not all money is guaranteed. Usually a team can terminate a contract early, and not suffer any consequences. Players are not allowed to leave earlier.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
You are correct about contracts being binding...however, not all money is guaranteed. Usually a team can terminate a contract early, and not suffer any consequences. Players are not allowed to leave earlier.
I'd guess that contract termination language is included in player contracts. If a player/contractor doesn't like the contract language then change it or don't sign it. I'm working as a consultant under a contract. My contract is not guaranteed. If I work, I get paid. If the company with which I am contracted decides to terminate the contract, I have buyout clauses in the contract. If I decide to terminate the contract, there is language for that situation as well.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wonder what the Tavon contract would look like if all of the coach's input had come from McVay...

Last edited: