Report: Colin Kaepernick on the Trade Block

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
A report late Sunday night claims that the 49ers are looking to deal their star signal caller. Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
In a stunning piece of news late Sunday night, the San Francisco 49ers have reportedly put quarterback Colin Kaepernick on the trade block.

Jayson Braddock of KBME SportsTalk 790 in Houston is reporting that the team is listening to offers for the recently extended signal caller.

Independently, Sportsnaut was able to confirm that talks are potentially taking place between San Francisco and at least two NFC teams. It’s not yet known what teams are interested in Kaepernick.

Gore, Willis, Smith, Kap? Can the news be any better out of SF? :LOL:

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally would rather Kap stay with the 9ers. If they move him, they might pull a real QB from somewhere.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Balke did dismiss these rumors last week. Clearly they are still circulating. After seeing what Fisher did, looks like he found some gumption to make waves.

paceram

Pro Bowler
A report late Sunday night claims that the 49ers are looking to deal their star signal caller. Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
In a stunning piece of news late Sunday night, the San Francisco 49ers have reportedly put quarterback Colin Kaepernick on the trade block.

Jayson Braddock of KBME SportsTalk 790 in Houston is reporting that the team is listening to offers for the recently extended signal caller.

Independently, Sportsnaut was able to confirm that talks are potentially taking place between San Francisco and at least two NFC teams. It’s not yet known what teams are interested in Kaepernick.

Gore, Willis, Smith, Kap? Can the news be any better out of SF? :LOL:

Just curious - If this rumor is true then who is expected to be the 49's starting QB (Blaine Gabbert?)?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I would prefer he stays in the division so that we can witness his meltdown over the next few years up close.

SierraRam

Recreational User
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hasn't this rumor already been shot down?

If the 49ers trade Colin Kaepernick, then we’ll know the feud between ownerJed York (with general manager Trent Baalke at his side) and head coach Jim Harbaugh really did fall somewhere between intensely personal and wildly irrational.

Get rid of the crazy-successful coach, cleanse the team museum of his khakis and unload his personal-favorite, new-age quarterback. Nice trifecta.

Kaepernick is no Aaron Rodgers, but the 49ers would be foolish to trade him. Baalke seemed to acknowledge this Sunday night, when he released a statement insisting Kaepernick is “not going anywhere” despite a report suggesting the 49ers are talking to the Bears about a deal.

Ron Kroichick is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer.

There's a lot of speculation both ways. I'd be surprised to see it happen but I love the controversy!!
Just curious - If this rumor is true then who is expected to be the 49's starting QB (Blaine Gabbert?)?

Cutler? :LOL:

paceram

Pro Bowler
If the 49ers trade Colin Kaepernick, then we’ll know the feud between ownerJed York (with general manager Trent Baalke at his side) and head coach Jim Harbaugh really did fall somewhere between intensely personal and wildly irrational.

Get rid of the crazy-successful coach, cleanse the team museum of his khakis and unload his personal-favorite, new-age quarterback. Nice trifecta.

Kaepernick is no Aaron Rodgers, but the 49ers would be foolish to trade him. Baalke seemed to acknowledge this Sunday night, when he released a statement insisting Kaepernick is “not going anywhere” despite a report suggesting the 49ers are talking to the Bears about a deal.

Ron Kroichick is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer.

There's a lot of speculation both ways. I'd be surprised to see it happen but I love the controversy!!

Cutler? :LOL:

I have to admit that I never thought of Cutler but with the 49's nothing will surprise me!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Gabbert :ROFLMAO:
Story time ,apologies to tose who've heard this one: Year before last we played the Jags in StL , as we walked in I was following a guy from Jacksonville wearing a Gabbert jersey, so I sez "hey 11, a know St Louis is a French settlement , round here we pronounce that name Gay Bare" he turns around and I laugh and say welcome to the Lou man, he laughs his buddies laugh ,we beat em good day'
As bernie would say,
Thanks for reading (y)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasnt this shot down last week?
"A report late Sunday night claims that the 49ers are looking to deal their star signal caller. Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
In a stunning piece of news late Sunday night, the San Francisco 49ers have reportedly put quarterback Colin Kaepernick on the trade block."

Its Sunday morning where I am, so I'm pretty sure this info is a week old....

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I would rather they keep Kap with his bad qb play and so we can destroy him in the coming seasons.

SierraRam

Recreational User
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasnt this shot down last week?
"A report late Sunday night claims that the 49ers are looking to deal their star signal caller. Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
In a stunning piece of news late Sunday night, the San Francisco 49ers have reportedly put quarterback Colin Kaepernick on the trade block."

Its Sunday morning where I am, so I'm pretty sure this info is a week old....

Yeah, I thought so too, but I re posted an article from the SF Chronicle that stirred it up again. The local SF sports-talk propaganda station (KNBR 680) won't let it go either. The feeling is "if we can get enough in return, make it happen." ...they won't get much IMO.

Perhaps the reason it won't go away is that the original report keeps getting re-posted over and over again.

Sorry if this is a repeat Memphis, I hadn't been on in a while and didn't see anything about Kaep in the first "Rams-NFL Talk" page. I try not to start too many discussions because I'm only on sporadically. I'll have a talk with my research department before I create my next thread. ;)

Last edited:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't want him going ANYWHERE. Stay there and be a party to one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history.
Boy it's a real clown show over there at this point, I'm absolutely having a blast watching this unfold.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh shit if Chip Kelley makes a deal to get him in exchange for Bradford Philly will be under Martial Law until the season is over.

Can you imagine if that happened? Hahahahahaha.......juststirringalittleshitsorry.......

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Oh crap if Chip Kelley makes a deal to get him in exchange for Bradford Philly will be under Martial Law until the season is over.

Can you imagine if that happened? Hahahahahaha.......juststirringalittleshitsorry.......
wilson-goode.jpg