Redskins evidently also desperate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Unless the team wants to give up on 2014; it needs to take these scenarios seriously.

We don't have a QB right now. Maybe Hill bounces back quickly and stays healthy? But if not; Davis is a scary option. Keenum was released off an NFL roster, don't forget that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think Cousins benefits from that which is known as "underdogma", he's kind of an underdog that people elevate because of that. And he's an underdog being the backup to RG3. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't see him as a long term starter in this league. I wouldn't give up Barksdale for him, because I do see him as a long term starting RT in this league.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators trying to confuse me with facts:
16. Houston Texans (10th)PB: 27th, RB: 8th, PEN: 21st
5. Washington Redskins (16th)PB: 4th, RB: 10th, PEN: 3rd
Anything I post before my nap in the morning doesn't count. :p

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Keenum was released off an NFL roster, don't forget that.
Care to guess why?
Bill O'Brien, self appointed QB guru wanted his guy. Cant blame him. His guy was Mallett, and he drafted his up and comer in Savage. Now, Mallett couldnt be had for a 7th rounder so they signed Fitz.
Why was Keenum let go then?
Pretty easy really, who is the fan's favorite on most teams? The back up QB.... Keenum is a celebrity in Houston, he's a local hero. And those levels raised to epic highs last year when he played.
You cant have him on your bench, you just cant. Not when you're commited to your guy.

On Cousins? I'd love for somebody to please sell me on him, because I have no idea why people think he's so good, or even worth "developing"
He was horrible in the Dallas game last year, when Dallas D couldnt stop anybody. His accuarcy on the deep ball is terrible. And the Giants game? Good lord, hecouldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Connor Cook? I see Kyle Orton

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
None of these options are worth a hoot. We gambled on SB staying healthy and lost. Now our backup is injured and what team realistically has a third stringer that can step in and win? No sense in making it worse by throwing away draft picks or talent on a season that appears to be doomed. Hope I am wrong but facts is facts. Long hurt Robinson taking time the bad luck just continues. I will live and die with them but optimism is a little hard to come by right now. At any rate Cousins or Keenum either one aren't going to save this season. Just hope Hill wakes up Sunday miraculously cured.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
The idea of making Shaun Hill our guy made enough sense for me to get behind since he looked like a guy who had enough talent, but just didn't get the chance. That was until he got injured in the first half of his first game as our starter which reminded me that the guy is really old. Hill/Davis/Keenum isn't OUR GUY, just our guy RIGHT NOW. Even in the unlikely scenario we make the playoffs, it's clear we'll be looking to once again, find the qb of the future in this draft.

Whoever we draft is likely going to sit the year, or even if he plays, won't be taking us to the super bowl next year. Taking into account that we've only played one game so far, really, we're looking at basically 2 full years of NOT contending. Our D, secondary included, is good enough to get us into the Super Bowl. Our offense has enough talent, except at qb. Our team is young, but that doesn't mean we have time to waste.

Now that Bradford is, for all intents and purposes, no longer our guy, we need to make some tough decisions. And where would I start? Hire Martz as our qb coach/advisor to Schotty. Our OC needs some real help managing an offense. Use a decently high draft pick to trade for a smart experienced qb who isn't 80 years old. I'd give up as high as a 3rd rounder in next year's draft depending on what we're able to get. And get back to a run-oriented offense. We have 2 starter-level running backs and drafted an o-lineman who specializes in the run.

Snisher are in their 3rd year. Can't wait any longer. The future is now.

jjab360

Legend
Unless the team wants to give up on 2014; it needs to take these scenarios seriously.

We don't have a QB right now. Maybe Hill bounces back quickly and stays healthy? But if not; Davis is a scary option. Keenum was released off an NFL roster, don't forget that.
So was Barksdale..

Neither guy was really given much of a chance by their original coaching staff, one release was proven to be a mistake, maybe the other one does too

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah trade one our OL assets, an area of debatable effectiveness to get another QB injured. No negativity intended I just think you build front to back.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm just gonna say no flat out just because Joe comes to chat with us. Plus Cousins sucks.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The rep on Keenum is that he's very smart. So in reality he's got a better shot to help this year than most anyone left. He came for free as well, no trading required. I think he will prove to be another Shaun Hill really. A guy who's smart enough and just good enough to be able to back up a starter without having to sacrifice the playbook.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So was Barksdale..

Neither guy was really given much of a chance by their original coaching staff, one release was proven to be a mistake, maybe the other one does too

Good point jjab.

I am rooting for Case. Just, my expectations are in check and I'm not so quick to dismiss other options.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Is the marginal difference between Keenum and Cousins worth throwing away maybe our best olineman? Not only that, the investment would force us to give Cousins a fair shot in 2015, preventing us from drafting a prospect with far more potential and talent than Cousins.

So, like the rest of the forum, I vote no.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I'd trade them this guy
images
for RGme and a 6th rounder.

EDIT: That's the new NFL approved concussion proof helmet BTW.

That damn cat has been around FOREVER. lol

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Making trades for backup QB's with small samples of game action is dubious at best.

Alan

Legend
AnarchyRam knowing a seasoned vet when he sees one:
That damn cat has been around FOREVER. lol
The George Blanda of the 21st century that's for sure. He's not as mobile as he used to be but talk about being game savvy!

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
The idea of making Shaun Hill our guy made enough sense for me to get behind since he looked like a guy who had enough talent, but just didn't get the chance. That was until he got injured in the first half of his first game as our starter which reminded me that the guy is really old. Hill/Davis/Keenum isn't OUR GUY, just our guy RIGHT NOW. Even in the unlikely scenario we make the playoffs, it's clear we'll be looking to once again, find the qb of the future in this draft.

Whoever we draft is likely going to sit the year, or even if he plays, won't be taking us to the super bowl next year. Taking into account that we've only played one game so far, really, we're looking at basically 2 full years of NOT contending. Our D, secondary included, is good enough to get us into the Super Bowl. Our offense has enough talent, except at qb. Our team is young, but that doesn't mean we have time to waste.

Now that Bradford is, for all intents and purposes, no longer our guy, we need to make some tough decisions. And where would I start? Hire Martz as our qb coach/advisor to Schotty. Our OC needs some real help managing an offense. Use a decently high draft pick to trade for a smart experienced qb who isn't 80 years old. I'd give up as high as a 3rd rounder in next year's draft depending on what we're able to get. And get back to a run-oriented offense. We have 2 starter-level running backs and drafted an o-lineman who specializes in the run.

Snisher are in their 3rd year. Can't wait any longer. The future is now.
Not sure I agree with you about Bradford no longer being our guy.Keep in mind that Fisher is not interested in starting from scratch.

Last edited: