Redskins evidently also desperate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
No, one sports writer for the Washington Post wants Barksdale for Cousins.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have doubts Cousins is a starting caliber QB. We know Barksdale is a starting RT, although he's a free agent after this season, Cousins after next.

I'd say no - Cousins isn't good enough to leave the Rams OL in far worse shape. Let the Redskins suffer.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, one sports writer for the Washington Post wants Barksdale for Cousins.

Yes, I understood that since it was a newspaper article and not a press release. I should have been more clear and said "Washington Post's Bernie M is also desperate."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like a bad trade for the Rams. Cousins would need until the bye to learn the offense at minimum and we'd lose an important starter for a QB who looked pretty bad last year when called into action.

jjab360

Legend
Is Cousins even better than Keenum? Unlike Cousins, Keenum has actually thrown for more TDs than Ints, has a higher YPA, around the same CMP%, and actually had the highest deep ball completion percentage in the league last year according to PFF.

I think I'll take the guy we already have, tyvm.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Considering it's highly unlikely we succeed this year in any meaningful way, if we can get a young experienced starter-level qb in exchange for a journeyman tackle, I'd say do the trade before the Redskins change their minds...

jjab360

Legend
Considering it's highly unlikely we succeed this year in any meaningful way, if we can get a young experienced starter-level qb in exchange for a journeyman tackle, I'd say do the trade before the Redskins change their minds...
Is that what Cousins is and is that what Barksdale is? I don't think so on both accounts.

V3

Hall of Fame
Barks might be our best lineman. Not only is he good, he plays every down.

Three out of five of our lineman have issues staying on the field and the fourth(Dahl) didn't impress week one.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dear lord I will never understand the Kirk Cousins love on this site. It is like he has a fan club here. That trade would make me vomit.

jjab360

Legend
Dear lord I will never understand the Kirk Cousins love on this site. It is like he has a fan club here. That trade would make me vomit.
It's not just here, the talking heads love that guy. I don't get it either

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
44444.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't see how cousins is better alternative than keenum. Even if it was a toss up in ability, keenum 2 week head start in the system is enough for me.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe Cousins and a 3rd or 4th round. Maybe.

That team would be better off trading RGme for a limeman.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I can't see how cousins is better alternative than keenum. Even if it was a toss up in ability, keenum 2 week head start in the system is enough for me.

Don't know that he is ,and considering what we gave for him and he's a week into learning the playbook unless the coaches are rolling their eyes about his inabilities we aren't about to weaken an oline that's trying to jell for a flavor of the month QB. I completely understand the hype, there hasn't been a terrible drop for Washington when Cousins is in for them because he will stick with the progressions longer and deliver passes when RG has given up and started to run.

Alan

Legend
blue4 wearing his GM hat:
That team would be better off trading RGme for a limeman.
I'd trade them this guy
images
for RGme and a 6th rounder.

EDIT: That's the new NFL approved concussion proof helmet BTW.

Last edited: