Redskins evidently also desperate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'd like to see Keenum get some serious playing time. I got a feeling about him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The idea of making Shaun Hill our guy made enough sense for me to get behind since he looked like a guy who had enough talent, but just didn't get the chance. That was until he got injured in the first half of his first game as our starter which reminded me that the guy is really old. Hill/Davis/Keenum isn't OUR GUY, just our guy RIGHT NOW. Even in the unlikely scenario we make the playoffs, it's clear we'll be looking to once again, find the qb of the future in this draft.

Whoever we draft is likely going to sit the year, or even if he plays, won't be taking us to the super bowl next year. Taking into account that we've only played one game so far, really, we're looking at basically 2 full years of NOT contending. Our D, secondary included, is good enough to get us into the Super Bowl. Our offense has enough talent, except at qb. Our team is young, but that doesn't mean we have time to waste.

Now that Bradford is, for all intents and purposes, no longer our guy, we need to make some tough decisions. And where would I start? Hire Martz as our qb coach/advisor to Schotty. Our OC needs some real help managing an offense. Use a decently high draft pick to trade for a smart experienced qb who isn't 80 years old. I'd give up as high as a 3rd rounder in next year's draft depending on what we're able to get. And get back to a run-oriented offense. We have 2 starter-level running backs and drafted an o-lineman who specializes in the run.

Snisher are in their 3rd year. Can't wait any longer. The future is now.

The future is the future.

A rookie QB does not automatically mean the team is screwed. First of all, there's still a very real possibility that we retain Sam to start next year if we want to give the rookie time to develop. Second of all, if our team is as good as you say, you can allow the rookie QB to manage the game and still win with defense and the running game. Schotty made it work with Sanchez in NYJ. That says a lot.

I don't think things are as bad as they're made out to be and I don't see a backup QB worth acquiring that a team will be willing to trade.

As far as Martz is concerned, I respect the hell out of that guy but I think that bridge has been crossed and burned. I can't see us or him going back.