Recap from Sun Life Stadium.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hate Florida.

We got there about 4 hours early to tailgate and it was either raining lightly or 125 degrees.
On off, on off, on off, on off. I have a pretty bad sun burn now.

It was frustrating because where we were sitting, we couldn't tell if the kicks were going through or not. We kinda had to wait for the refs under the goal-posts to signal. So disappointing. When he kicked that 48 yarder to open the game up, it looked like it could have gone another 20 yards. The 66 yarder he missed would have been good from at least 70, and I'm not exaggerating. From where we were sitting, it had the distance, no problem. We just couldn't tell if it was down the middle or not.

Until I heard the crowd erupt.

Fugg.

I don't know what it looked like on TV, but Bradford was moving around in the pocket and taking advantage of openings to run for most of the game. For whatever reason, I just felt like they weren't going to score when they got in the redzone though, and they didn't. At least not until he stuck his arm out over the goal-line towards the end there.

The 2-point conversion was pretty cool. He rolled out right in front of us and I saw Jackson mirroring towards the corner, and we were all yelling, "THROW IT TO JAX!!!! THROW IT TO JAX!!!!" And boom. He musta heard us. The long run by Richardson to open the game came right by us down the sidelines, and so did the 60+ yarder to Givens. The replay of the Brian Quick non-touchdown looked good on the replay at the stadium. I don't know what you guys saw.

Did I hear this right? 10 different receivers, and 5 of them with plays over 20 yards? Is that right?

Who says you can't run on Miami? Jeez. And we held Bush to under 20 if I'm not mistaken.
1.1 yards per carry? Is that right?

Miami fans were very cordial where we were the whole game.
Taunts and beer muscles popped out as we were walking back to the car though. Typical.

Hey Britt. Let those go, yeah? The hell were you thinking?

Hey Jenkins. WAKE UP!

Thanks for all the penalties, Rams. Everytime it resulted in a first down, we had to listen to the stadium say
"FIRST DOWWWWWWWWN!"

Those are my random remembrances.
I'm tired. My back hurts. I'm sun burned. But I'm proud. Good effort.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah don't blame you aboot Fla.
I'm here in So IL the trees are turning it rained for a while today but now the sun is shining and all the colors are brilliant 55 degrees.
Saw a Rams throwback #29 on the sideline shot just before GZ's last miss.
Sort of wondered how sore you'd be today aftr the side impact.
Anyway we proved the run game can work and IMO GB better come with their extra chin straps cuz I think the Rams are gonna be loaded for ...Packers.
I was worried all week the rain was going to throw a hard kicking guy like GZ off, slick grass hard push with the plant foot,I was worried and looks like it was well founded.

San Fran is getting housed so we keep pace,with them and IMO AZ fades so we're OK
Just gotta beat the pickle Packers

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Yeah, Jenks had a bad day. Same with GZ. Young guns, gonna happen I guess. How windy was it down there? Effect the kicks at all you think?

I wish they would've ran more with Jackson. The offensive play calling was frustrating at times. They're bringing heavy pressure all day and you call ONE screen. One that yields good yardage mind you. Then you're done. No draws either. SJ 8 yard carry? Well, lets send him to the sidelines for 3 series. I don't care if they're the 85 Bears, if you're moving the ball on the ground, run the fucking ball. Jackson has to still have some lingering from his injury I guess.

I agree with the Britt Miller comment too. What. The. Fuck. Dude. What's up with our own players legs causing fucking fumbles btw?

It was a rough game, hope you enjoyed it for the most part though man. A games a game. Thanks for representing guys. You'll get a winner in Tampa :ww:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I Just got home and am getting ready to watch the game off my DVR. The first thing I did was get on ESPN and look at the stats...Um, 462 yards to 192 and we lost. Even yet, 18 rushing yards on 19 carries. I haven't watched the game yet but obviously that says we moved the ball up and down but didn't score. I was on a Frontier flight and I did see some of the highlights and yeah, that kick was good easily (would of been an NFL record) but you could see the wind.

Really sucks that we clearly were the better team and are leaving with an L. I swear, if we can ever score consistently this team is going to be hellagood. We should be 4-2, sucks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sounds like you had good time (except the L). I need to make it out to a game one of these days.

This team is so close to 5-1, but reality is .500.

Maybe it was b/c of a long week. Maybe they had their heads too far up their asses over the Arizona beatdown.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Great meeting Paul.

Make one of those ,,, still a Young G-Z Fan.

I'm gonna go eat some Cuban food.

Fucking wind is blowing like a bitch all weekend ... good 35 mph gusts ,,, otherwise a 15 mph constant

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
After watching the game on my DVR, we shouldn't of lost the game but penalties were pretty bad. That and Legatron missed a couple he normally wouldn't. We just have to find a way to score in the red zone. We looked pretty good on both sides of the ball considering they are a really good defense.

I will say this, we really need to learn to use screens more. Everyone gets us on it and the couple times we did them today they were very affective..

Too bad, when was the last time everyone in the division was 4-2... :grr:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My girl and I were there today as well and we beat down the phins from start to finish...just couldn't seal the deal on some drives, where wenshould have pushed into the end zone. I still can't believe GZ missed 2 very makable field goals... :(

This team is a play away from being VERY good! Let"s go get Green Bay!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm still down here in miami ... heading home today though .

I'll give my recap when I get home and have something besides my phone to post with.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
I'm still down here in miami ... heading home today though .

I'll give my recap when I get home and have something besides my phone to post with.
Make sure you include "Red Bull Rams Fan" in your recap.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
the scales of balance need only tip a little and I think we're going to blow some team out the stadium...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
the scales of balance need only tip a little and I think we're going to blow some team out the stadium...
No doubt.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
shaunpinney said:
No doubt.

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Yeah buddy ,we kicked their asses all over that field and let them off the hook repeatedly ,DUNNO if it was Shotty not knowing how to call plays that finish drives, if Sam gets the "buckakers" ,dunno, but that game WAS a blowout statistically and if you showed those stats to someone and asked them to guess the score the guess would be "blowout".

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
X said:
shaunpinney said:
No doubt.

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Yeah buddy ,we kicked their asses all over that field and let them off the hook repeatedly ,DUNNO if it was Shotty not knowing how to call plays that finish drives, if Sam gets the "buckakers" ,dunno, but that game WAS a blowout statistically and if you showed those stats to someone and asked them to guess the score the guess would be "blowout".

Agree, stats look like a 40 point difference game - but it's a bitter pill to swallow, especially after the win with poorer play last week!

I can't help thinking tho, would having Danny in the slot have been a total game changer? What do you guys think? Not that I'm knocking our receivers at all - just Danny and Sam do produce that X-factor on the field...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
shaunpinney said:
No doubt.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Agree, stats look like a 40 point difference game - but it's a bitter pill to swallow, especially after the win with poorer play last week!

I can't help thinking tho, would having Danny in the slot have been a total game changer? What do you guys think? Not that I'm knocking our receivers at all - just Danny and Sam do produce that X-factor on the field...
He might have been a good redzone target. But I'm kinda glad that Sam was "forced" to spread the ball around to 10 different receivers. I'm glad the receiving crew answered the bell, and hopefully it continues to get better. At some point, Danny A needs to be a complementary receiver, and not "the weapon." If it ever gets to that point, then this is gonna be one hella scary offense.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
shaunpinney said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
shaunpinney said:
No doubt.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

He might have been a good redzone target. But I'm kinda glad that Sam was "forced" to spread the ball around to 10 different receivers. I'm glad the receiving crew answered the bell, and hopefully it continues to get better. At some point, Danny A needs to be a complementary receiver, and not "the weapon." If it ever gets to that point, then this is gonna be one hella scary offense.
Agreed ,my problem with Sam has mostly been his lack of trusting anyone but DA

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Back home from Miami now. Even though we didn't leave there with a "W", I feel great about going down for the game. Let me try and share some thoughts as they come to mind...

The parking around the stadium is outstanding for tailgating. I was able to get there around 8:30 (they won't let you in until 9) and parked in a spot right under an oak tree. Each parking spot is actually in the grass with an approximate 5 foot painted off section behind your vehicle going out into the road... marking off your extended tailgating area. Very Fan friendly and well planned out.

I had some killer brats that I grilled in a big pan with beer, onions, garlic, and some pablano & jalapeno peppers. Had bloody marys and beer ready. I didn't set up my canopy because of the fucking nonstop blasting gusts of wind. I'm not sure if they talked about it on the telecast, but the wind was extremely strong (almost reminded me of hurricane style, especially on the beach).

My wife actually spilled one of my bloody marys on her white short skirt that she had on. Luckily she poured enough water on it that the majority of the red stuff came off. I was telling her that everyone was going to think she had some kind of severe period mishap.

A big part of the fun for me when I go to any Ram game is meeting other Ram Fans. I'm used to being the only one, so it's great to see others who share my addiction. Paul was the first other Ram Fan that we saw that morning. He met us out there at 9 in spite of being in pain from his car wreck the day before. It was very cool to see him in person and spend time shooting the shit. So glad we were able to meet and spend a little time.

As more people starting arriving, we were able to hunt down other Ram Fans. Some that I remember...

A girl with a poster that said "Marry Me Danny Amendola", and the rest of her Ram Fan Family.

A host of Ram Fans that had flown down from the Northeast (NY, CT, Mass) to spend the weekend in Miami and see the game. Some were high-rollers and some were just kids. The young bucks that came down from Mass were talking some major shit about how cordial it was with the Miami fans,,, and how if we were in gillette stadium we would be getting assaulted in a bad way if we were to sport our Ram Gear there. These guys were totally Jacked-Up with testosterone , and at one point I fucked with one of them telling him that I know he must have just slammed a Red Bull... which he promptly admitted to. These guys from Mass were Rams because of their Father. They could go on for hours with their Ram inside knowledge,,, it was fun to question them and listen (Paul hit em up with some good questions)

Met a girl Ram Fan who had never attended a game were the Rams won,,, and a girl Ram Fan who had never attended a game were the Rams lost. We figured that they canceled each other out.

Met a Ram Fan who actually brought up that he posted on a Ram message board. Can't remember the board, but he said he doesn't post much. That was kinda cool in a way. I told him my "stage name" but he at least acted like he hadn't heard of me before. LOL

Had front row seats right behind the Ram bench. I'll post some pics later. Got to meet Jenkins' mother before kickoff. There were some other Ram Fans in our row, and in the areas all around us. They represented very well. I had on my Dickerson Throwback btw, got plenty of comments on it too.

Everyone of the FGs that Young Gee-Zee missed looked Good from my angle. They were definitely long enough (including the 66 yarder). Had to wait on the refs to let us know one way or the other... fucking torture.

One of the Ram Trainers came over and gave my wife some pink NFL wristbands. Some dolphin fans were crying for handouts when they saw this, but the Trainer just laughed at them. Fucking awesome.

Good Time for me. Wish I could have met more Ram Fans. I'll be at the tampon game in December. Hope to see Paul again, and hopefully a bunch more of you.

I'll email the picks I have to Paul when I can. I just found out that my wife took a few with her phone without my knowledge. One actually shows Red Bull Ram Fan.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Couple of other things I forgot...

The dolphins have the fucking gayest Team song on earth. I'm not sure if they started it or if it was Houston's first,,, but it's old and totally gay. They also play a version of "Fins" by Jimmy Buffett after big plays or scores. I understand the connection with Buffett and all,,, just totally lame. So glad we don't have Lame as Fuck songs like that shoved down our throats as Ram Fans.

There was a Ram Fan we met who just won a bet with his nephew (non-ram fan) due to the arizona game. The nephew had to wear a Bradford jersey during the whole game. He didn't have the jersey on before game time,,, but we saw him as we were walking into the stadium "proudly" sporting it. I, of course, talked some shit to him about it as I walked by.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the photos.