Reality Check

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I'm not going to over-react to this loss; Minn is a good team and probably playoff bound----and the playoffs are for the "better" teams. We've accomplished a lot already this year, but I want a playoff spot, so we still have a lot of work to do. This was a team loss today and we've won the games we have with these same players-----and these are the players we have this year, so I will not quit on these guys. There are reasons for wins as well as losses, how we respond to this loss will be a determining factor in our continued growth to become a PO team. We lost to CK today, and now we get a HOF qb in D Brees, so it gets tougher------but IMHO we NEED to win. May be time to unleash Sammy Watkins (only has 34 targets for the season). With the Saints, Eagles, and S'Hawks coming up we are in our PO run now.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Rams have 6 games left and if they only win 3 of them they will finish the season at 10 & 6 and I'll take it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's what I'm thinking. We're not a serious Superbowl contender the way we struggle with upper tier defenses. But today we're still a serious playoff contender. No worse than tied for first after tomorrow night's game. Will we be a playoff contender in 6 weeks? I don't know. But we're still in the hunt today.

If Kupp doesn’t fumble and makes that catch that slipped through his hands we are around 20 points and the 4th quarter is a different story. I thought we were ok on offense. Came up short on a couple of plays.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd rather lose a tough road game mid-season, than lose a road game in the playoffs - we got beaten, but we weren't blown out of the water - I'm sure our young team will learn from it.

I'm more concerned about the injuries tbh.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no one factoring in the crowd noise? that place was loud ..they made communication hard .no ric flairs or tupacs or ultimate warriors or whatever ,,, and the minny D disguised what they were doing more than once

i didnt think we would go undefeated in this stretch .. Hatfield looked like he had made a trip to harvey winestiens office it happens teams lose ... its how you respond that counts

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If Kupp doesn’t fumble and makes that catch that slipped through his hands we are around 20 points and the 4th quarter is a different story. I thought we were ok on offense. Came up short on a couple of plays.
If you're going to hypothetically adjust the possible score for us by eliminating our mistakes, then it only makes sense to do the same for them, which you have to give them the 2 missed field goals. So we would be down by 2 td's

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If you're going to hypothetically adjust the possible score for us by eliminating our mistakes, then it only makes sense to do the same for them, which you have to give them the 2 missed field goals. So we would be down by 2 td's

We were talking about the Rams offense and their offensive performance.....But to play your game 2FGs is 6 points. We were tied heading into the 4th. So how exactly would we have been down by 2 TDS heading into the 4th?

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
We were talking about the Rams offense and their offensive performance.....But to play your game 2FGs is 6 points. We were tied heading into the 4th. So how exactly would we have been down by 2 TDS heading into the 4th?
If Kupp made that touch down it would make it 14, add a possible 3 points if Kupp made that catch and we got a fg out of it, that makes 17. They put up 24 points plus if they made their 2 field goals which makes 30 points. 30-17 at the 4th, depending whichever part of the 4th you're talking about.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If Kupp made that touch down it would make it 14, add a possible 3 points if Kupp made that catch and we got a fg out of it, that makes 17. They put up 24 points plus if they made their 2 field goals which makes 30 points. 30-17 at the 4th, depending whichever part of the 4th you're talking about.

Clearly you are missing my point or trolling. I am talking about our offense and the performance of it. Kupp making those plays changes the game and how the 4th quarter plays out.

Zero

Pro Bowler
On 3rd and short they can't run it
Gurley didn't help on the 3rd and 1 late in the game.He can't run east and west on that play,
not against that defense.He had a hole at the 5 and chose to take it outside.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Working against us:
*Using your 1st and 5th corners,and a safety as the 3rd corner ain't gonna work
*3 easy games against teams that had no fight. Then we play a tough team---- We might have not been prepared
mentally.
*Kupp fumble on the 1...stuff happens as Gump would say.
*Kupp drop of a beauty from Goff on 3rd down. Kupp that, we will be back!

Working for us:
Nothing, except GOff looked good despite everyone else falling down.

THe Rams will fight the Saints....that is for sure....yep, gonna be tough to beat an 8-2 team with a HOF QB....
but, it is nice to be an underdog at home!

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Clearly you are missing my point or trolling. I am talking about our offense and the performance of it. Kupp making those plays changes the game and how the 4th quarter plays out.
Not trolling, just dont agree with you. Yes we did decent for what we put on the field, but I would say this was one of the least creative offenses we put on the field this season. Also, even if our offense makes those plays, it doesnt help our depleted secondary who was taken advantage of all game.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I remember Vermeil said after the SB that the Rams had to get more physical on offense. And they kind of did by adding Hodgins as a beast FB blocker.

Anyway, I see this as a finesse offense right now. On 3rd and short they can't run it and they can't gash teams between the tackles unless the passing game opens up the run game.

2017 Rams: I thought the same thing: "finesse Offense" [need much more physicality.]
1999 Rams: Tom Nutten and Grud/MCcollum couldn't get any push, ever in the 99 playoffs....Timmerman not far behind. Vermeil knew--and said it, thanks for letting me know that..

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not trolling, just dont agree with you. Yes we did decent for what we put on the field, but I would say this was one of the least creative offenses we put on the field this season. Also, even if our offense makes those plays, it doesnt help our depleted secondary who was taken advantage of all game.

Thanks for clarifying and its cool to disagree. But my original response was in regards to our offense. Nothing to do with our defense. Yes, our depleted secondary was an issue, I do agree with you there.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Crowd noise really affected the Rams offense. Goff spent a lot of time before each play running around trying get everone on the same page, sometimes having to call a timeout or taking a delay of game penalty. No rhythm. Had this game been in LA it would have been closer.